For discussions related to MyStuff and associated TAPs, including eit2mei and MEI Search

Moderator: Technical

alan_m
Frequent contributor

Post by alan_m »

ccs wrote:
Geoff Bacon wrote:@ccs

CO shouldn't change the content of the your .ini file now (although the date may change). This is because the latest I've removed all the broadcast times from the latest Freeview.dat.
As you are used to stopping CO early, I suggest you just carry on doing so.

Geoff
Cheers, I stopped using my toppies nearly 5 years ago! :D

ViX has proved to be a more than impressive replacement.
Same here, I stopped using a Toppy 6 years ago and haven't regretted changing to OpenVix.

I would now recommend going the satellite route (Freesat or Sky free to air) rather than terrestrial. Satellite has more selection of boxes in all price ranges plus if going top end and with a new install a unicable LNB with a box that supports FCB tuners gives you equivalent of at least 8 separate tuners in the box, so no problem with program clashes. Most (all) new boxes support SD, HD and 4K TV – in all price ranges.
Ex Toppy 5800 user - now migrated to Xtrend ET10000 Enigma 2 box with 2 terrestrial and 2 satellite tuners. Second box Zgemma H9S (Enigma 2, satellite)
fhjones
Frequent contributor

Post by fhjones »

Geoff Bacon wrote:@fhjones

My apologies - it turns out your lack of a MS EPG was due to the changes I recently made to Freeview.dat (the perils of making changes!).

You will need to load the latest version of Freeview.dat if you want to use TM to do channel scans.

Cheers
Geoff
No worries Geoff. It's all part of the Topfield Ownership Experience :D .
TF5810, F/W: MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009 +UUu
TAPs: PcControl B1.4; EPG2MEI v0.96; QuickJump 1.72; MyStuff 6.6; PruneEPG 1.0; MyInfo B5.6; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; MHEG On/Off A3; Font Manager 1.0d; Extend v1.7;
Sig generated by EMJB's MyInfo.tap on 12/1/21
â„¢
fhjones
Frequent contributor

Post by fhjones »

ccs wrote: Cheers, I stopped using my toppies nearly 5 years ago! :D

ViX has proved to be a more than impressive replacement.
alan_m wrote:
Same here, I stopped using a Toppy 6 years ago and haven't regretted changing to OpenVix.

I would now recommend going the satellite route (Freesat or Sky free to air) rather than terrestrial. Satellite has more selection of boxes in all price ranges plus if going top end and with a new install a unicable LNB with a box that supports FCB tuners gives you equivalent of at least 8 separate tuners in the box, so no problem with program clashes. Most (all) new boxes support SD, HD and 4K TV – in all price ranges.
Thank you for the suggestions @ccs and @alan_m .

I have other TV recorders, but I choose to use the Topfield as well.
TF5810, F/W: MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009 +UUu
TAPs: PcControl B1.4; EPG2MEI v0.96; QuickJump 1.72; MyStuff 6.6; PruneEPG 1.0; MyInfo B5.6; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; MHEG On/Off A3; Font Manager 1.0d; Extend v1.7;
Sig generated by EMJB's MyInfo.tap on 12/1/21
â„¢