How to link your Toppy to a PC or Mac; networking your Toppy, Web-based EPG systems, DVD burning and file transfers

Moderators: Technical, Oz mods

Rhubarb

MPEG Streamline 1.8 & MPEG2

Post by Rhubarb »

I have downloaded MPEG Streamline 1.8 and when I ran this it told me that I needed the MPEG2 Quicktime component so I bought and downloaded this from Apple and installed it into my QT 7 Pro installation, now MPEG Streamclip tells me that my MPEG component needs updating, but of course I downloaded the latest as I only did it yesterday.

Any ideas how I can fix this as there are many good report of this app but right now it not really there for me.

This is on OS X 10.4.8

Thanks for the help in advance.
Rhubarb

Post by Rhubarb »

oops sorry meant Streamclip in the above post
cazlar
Frequent contributor

Post by cazlar »

Hmm, as far as I know there is no "update" to the codec - it should just work. Although I think there may be a PPC and an Intel version, check which you have downloaded from Apple.
matt
Forum moderator

Post by matt »

Did you restart Streamclip and/or your Mac?
PVR: TF5800, MyStuff recommended firmware, new PSU, 250GB Spinpoint HDD, Zalman ZM-OP1 fan TAPs: QuickJump 1.72, MyStuff 6.4, EPG2MEI 0.96, Extend 1.7, Bookmark 3, UK Auto Scheduler 0.73, SecCache 0.4, EIT Sub 0.6, SDS 1.3, TAP Commander 1.34, Font Manager 1.0d. Others: HDFW 2.3a, Channel Manager 5.1, FastScanGUI, MyInfo TV: Philips 37PFL9603D
Rhubarb

Post by Rhubarb »

Went through the whole process again and this time realised that when I expanded the name of the second installer for the codec, it wasn't just Intel but QT6.4 and above too.

So if you load the right one it all works.....there's a surprise, doh.

Thanks for the replies.

Cheers