How to link your Toppy to a PC or Mac; networking your Toppy, Web-based EPG systems, DVD burning and file transfers

Moderators: Technical, Oz mods

eden

HELP Sizzle wont do anything on my mac!

Post by eden »

Hi. I'm trying to burn dvds following the guide but although Sizzle downloads correctly and the application opens, it just won't give me a NEW pg to do anything with. Have deleted and downloaded 3 times from diff sources now - any ideas?

I've got a Core Duo Intel mac running on OSX 10.4.11.
simo

Post by simo »

Hello!
You guys might be interested in this iTV2DVD program I've made. It makes archiving your Topfield recordings on a DVD very easy. It even generates a simple menu and includes subtitles and multiple audio tracks.

http://www.iki.fi/simo.potinkara/itv2dvd/
candleuk

Post by candleuk »

Have you tried selecting "Convert only one audio track" in streamclip Preferences? This fixed the problem for me, with a setup exactly like yours.
bgw wrote:Hi,

I've been following the very helpful guide to burning a DVD using my MacBook.

Strangely enough Dr. Who and using MpegStreamClip & Sizzle it worked a treat.

However when I tried to do a similar thing for the film Sean of the Dead off from ITV2. I've tried to convert the film to a MPEG and I can't get the audio to playback on Quicktime, but it's fine on MEPG StreamClip and VLC. I don't want to burn it yet,but instead store it as a MPEG and perhaps use iSquint to load it to my iPod.

I was wondering if it is similar to when I use to use ProjectX to de-mux a film it would produce two audio files and sometimes the audio track appeared in one or the other depending on the TV channel.

Is there a way to select this the audio track in MPEGStreamClip or it is something else that I need to live with and use Project X to demux and recombine?

Many thank,

Brian
kermit
Frequent contributor

Post by kermit »

simo wrote:You guys might be interested in this iTV2DVD program I've made. It makes archiving your Topfield recordings on a DVD very easy. It even generates a simple menu and includes subtitles and multiple audio tracks.

http://www.iki.fi/simo.potinkara/itv2dvd/
This is a fantastic program. I've used it several times to build dvds for friends and family.
Cheers Simon
>8-]

TF5000PVRt 500GB March '09 f/w