There appear to be different episode numbering schemed in the xml feed. Just looking at a few random ones in my latest download.
Code: Select all
<programme start="20170110171500 +0000" stop="20170110180000 +0000" channel="I1.21441.schedulesdirect.org">
<!-- snip -->
Looks like series 15 ep31 in the xmltv_ns.
Code: Select all
<programme start="20170114093000 +0000" stop="20170114100000 +0000" channel="I7.17155.schedulesdirect.org">
<title lang="en">The Big Bang Theory</title>
<sub-title lang="en">The Prom Equivalency</sub-title>
Season 7 episode 7 of 24
I presume the dd_progid is a reference to some other service, which if access was possible would grant more detailed information about the episode number. I only mention it since it looks like most programmes have that if they don't have the xmltv_ns attribute, but recognise that it's probably way beyond scope to dig into that.
An example in the Freeview.mei file will have (S7 Ep7/24) at the end of the programme description.
I confess to not having read a PDF but will do. I'm aware it's not your problem to fix issues with MyStuff but thanks for the info about lack of connection between data sources. It's been years since I looked at this stuff and it's one of those things that gets fiddled with so infrequently that there's absolutely no retention going in in my head.
It's a genuine offer if you would like to farm out any of the work. I previously wrote a plugin for my own use which I used with rt2mei which used a list of episode titles to prefix Rpt to the start of episodes I did not wish to record (this was before series link data).
Edit: Here's the alleged spec on the dd_progid http://forums.schedulesdirect.org/viewt ... ?f=8&t=575
but it doesn't seem to make much sense. Looking at an episode of The Waltons it says EP01269161.001 and 0.3/25 in the xmltv_ns tag.
The episiode is titled The Hunt, which when I check on episode guides is episode 4 of season 1 (possibly episode 3 if the first one was a pilot but I don't think so). So for the xmltv_ns it looks like it's using an index starting at zero (series 0 episode 3 starting from 0) but I'm pretty sure that's not all series start with counts from 0 which might make things challenging to say the least. But then the dd_progid says it's episode 0001! I've registered on their forum to ask but awaiting confirmation of my account.
Edit II: Having looked again, it does look like the xmltv_ns episode numbers are 0 indexed. Big Bang Theory example I gave above is Season 8 episode 8 of 24