For discussion of how to use, install and choose TAPs - additional software packages that run on your Toppy

Moderator: Technical

msteggalls
Frequent contributor

Post by msteggalls »

Geoff Bacon wrote:As far as i can tell, problem was caused because Film4 moved from 32 (0020 Hex) to 15 and, after the rescan, channel 32 does not exist!
Yes, this is a know issue - I had this some time back and....
janilxx wrote:In the searches text file there is a channel number, which does not exist anymore (is changed or something)? This can happen after channel scan.

This causes the behaviour you describe here.
Although in my case by the time I checked the searches file on the Toppy the searches had gone from there as well - I now try to backup this file from time to time and especally before doing a channel scan!!

Martyn
Model: TF5800 Silver; Disk: Samsung 300gb ; Firmware: 5.13.65 Patched; Purchased: 15-Apr-2005;
Autostart TAPs: Improbox (2.5) TF5000 Display (1.53a); Description Extender (2.23); Filer (2.21RC3); Extend (1.7); stirf (1.3Cbeta); EPGnavigator (6.10); UK Auto Scheduler (0.73)
TV: Panasonic TX-L37V20B LCD; Remote: Samsung Note 10.1 running Touchsquid
Updated 26Oct14
DefineByte
Frequent contributor

Post by DefineByte »

It looks like geby released his own modification of UKAS back in February on Tapworld (in the comments). Is anyone running this version? Anything to report? I'd check it out myself, if it wasn't such a pain to haul the Toppy over to the computer. :)
TF5800 250GB 5.13.65+patches AutoStart: Power Restore 0.7.6, EIT Sub 0.6 SnG, SecCache (UK) 0.4, Extend 1.7, Info Viewer 1.9 DE, QuickJump 1.72, UK Auto Scheduler 0.73.1, EPGnavigator 6.1b (simonc/biggsd), Filer 2.21, TF5000Display 1.53a Other TAPs: Channel Manager 5.1, CutAds 1.3, FastScanGUI 0.6a, HDDInfo 2.3a, HDFW 2.4, JoinAds 1.3, Signal Monitor 0.53, SimpleCharEditor 3.09, Sudoku 1.5, TAP Commander 1.34, Testpatterns 1.2
kidhazy
Frequent contributor

Post by kidhazy »

When does Auto Scheduler process the "move" of files into directories and process the "keep" rules?

I've got several auto searches set up, and often find the resulting recordings still in the root directory, rather than being moved to their target directory.

These are for files/recordings that have occurred when the Toppy is not being used.

Do the moves/deletes still happen if the Topfield wakes up for a timer and then goes straight back into standby after the recording has finished? ie. does the Auto Schedule TAP get enough time to process the move/keep rules during a standard timer firing?

Thanks for any clarification of how the moves/keeps are processed so that I can try to figure out what's going on.
Thanks,
kidhazy.
ROWANMOOR
Frequent contributor

Post by ROWANMOOR »

I find the move to be a bit unreliable at times.

The first thing to point out is that it won't do it for merged recordings - for the simple reason of it not knowing where to move it to as there will be 2 (or more) destinations.

Assuming you already know that and it is not moving recordings it should then I have found it to be inconsistently unreliable.

At times it will stop moving certain recordings, but others are moving fine. Completely randomly, but it will usually stay that way for a while, then seems to correct itself.

Other times it seems to stop moving anything for no obvious reason. In the past I have had to delete the move file (can't remember what it calls it) and then once it gets to a week later (i.e. recordings set after deleting the file) it starts to move them again.

The discovery I made recently was that I could trigger it to not move lots of things (not all, but lots). This was during the DST changeover. I am never organised enough to reduce the 'days ahead' setting before DST changeover, so on the Sunday morning I have a whole week of recordings set that are either extended (if an hour long or more) or duplicated (if shorter). So, I tend to go in and delete all the timers and let it set them all again. For some reason this seems to cause it not to move most of them. But, a week later they start moving.

Therefore I have concluded that it is some kind of problem when setting the timer - I presume it is not adding the entry to the move file properly. It seems it can be triggered by getting it to set lots of timers for lots of searches at once, but that may not be the only trigger.

I wonder if it is linked to the number of searches and recordings. I have about 100 searches at the moment, and a lot of them are for kids things which all get moved to their own directories (with relevant keep settings in place). This leads to between 5 and 15 recordings a day that are going to be moved depending on the current schedule on cbeebies and five. I pretty much constantly have 70 timers set and have to delete one for later in the week to set something manually.

BTW, my Toppy is on from 5 in the morning to 11 at night using PowerManager, so it is certainly NOT a problem with it switching off too soon.
Cheers,
Rowan.

Toppy: TF5800pvrt Remote: Harmony 885
F/W: MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009 -EpVr+CbCfCtDDsEgEmEvEzFpFsHsIMPePfPsScUUaUuUyVbVcVdWfZ
TAPs: SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; EPG2MEI v0.96; TAP Commander 1.34; Font Manager 1.0d; Extend v1.7; MHEG Control B2.1; QuickJump 1.72; MyStuff 6.4; TF5000 Display v1.53; MyInfo B5.5;
Sig generated by MyInfo on 8/7/11
anotherbob

Post by anotherbob »

I (think) I've installed UK Auto Scheduler 0.73.1 on my TF5800. It is in the Autostart folder along with EPG Navigator v5_1c. The TAP's homepage is down and so I'm looking for simple instructions on using this TAP. Anyone help?
Geoff Bacon
Frequent contributor

Post by Geoff Bacon »

I used UKAS successfully since 2005 because I thought Mystuff was too complicated.

If you haven't managed to get UKAS to dislay on screen, press the Recall button (below the 7) . I can't remember if this is the default key or whether I configured it to this one so, if it doesn't work, try pressing the other buttons until it displays a UKAS screen.
Once it is displayed, just play it by ear (including the Menu button to see additional configuration data).

Having tried Mystuff 6, I have now stopped using UKAS - the user interface is much nicer when entering searches. As you will have a learning curve with UKAS, I suggest you use Mystuff instead (don't be put off by the problem reports that some users have reported).

Also, make sure you have the have the latest copy of this sites firmware (the installer will do that for you). Having upgraded the system, copy the MyInfo.log file back your PC and use it to update your signature in your Profile - others on this site can then see what you are running if you have a problem.

Cheers
Geoff
TopManager program
TF5800, TS On, F/W: MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009 -Sy+EvEzPePfUUuZ
TAPs: PcControl B1.4; StopExit v1.01; MHEG On/Off A3; QuickJump 1.72; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EPG2MEI v0.96; Font Manager 1.0d; Extend v1.7; WSSkiller V2.12d; MyInfo B5.6; fsSave 1.1; PruneEPG 1.0; MyStuff 6.6-1;
Sig generated by EMJB's MyInfo.tap on 3/5/21
msteggalls
Frequent contributor

Post by msteggalls »

If you downloaded the TAP as a Zip file, then included in here should be a Readme.txt file - This contains details on operation

Martyn
Model: TF5800 Silver; Disk: Samsung 300gb ; Firmware: 5.13.65 Patched; Purchased: 15-Apr-2005;
Autostart TAPs: Improbox (2.5) TF5000 Display (1.53a); Description Extender (2.23); Filer (2.21RC3); Extend (1.7); stirf (1.3Cbeta); EPGnavigator (6.10); UK Auto Scheduler (0.73)
TV: Panasonic TX-L37V20B LCD; Remote: Samsung Note 10.1 running Touchsquid
Updated 26Oct14
alan_m
Frequent contributor

Post by alan_m »

anotherbob wrote:I (think) I've installed UK Auto Scheduler 0.73.1 on my TF5800. It is in the Autostart folder along with EPG Navigator v5_1c. The TAP's homepage is down and so I'm looking for simple instructions on using this TAP. Anyone help?

There is a text readme file with the download

Press the recall button on the remote to get up the programme settings screens. Whilst in this screen you can press the menu key on the remote to get the the UKAS setting menu.
Last edited by alan_m on Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ex Toppy 5800 user - now migrated to Xtrend ET10000 Enigma 2 box with 2 terrestrial and 2 satellite tuners. Second box Zgemma H9S (Enigma 2, satellite)
Geoff Bacon
Frequent contributor

Post by Geoff Bacon »

I used UKAS successfully since 2005 because I thought Mystuff was too complicated.

If you haven't managed to get UKAS to dislay on screen, press the Recall button (below the 7) . I can't remember if this is the default key or whether I configured it to this one so, if it doesn't work, try pressing the other buttons until it displays a UKAS screen.
Once it is displayed, just play it by ear (including the Menu button to see additional configuration data).

Having tried Mystuff 6, I have now stopped using UKAS - the user interface is much nicer when entering searches. As you will have a learning curve with UKAS, I suggest you use Mystuff instead (don't be put off by the problem reports that some users have reported).

Also, make sure you have the have the latest copy of this sites firmware (the installer will do that for you). Having upgraded the system, copy the MyInfo.log file back your PC and use it to update your signature in your Profile - others on this site can then see what you are running if you have a problem.

Cheers
Geoff
TopManager program
TF5800, TS On, F/W: MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009 -Sy+EvEzPePfUUuZ
TAPs: PcControl B1.4; StopExit v1.01; MHEG On/Off A3; QuickJump 1.72; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EPG2MEI v0.96; Font Manager 1.0d; Extend v1.7; WSSkiller V2.12d; MyInfo B5.6; fsSave 1.1; PruneEPG 1.0; MyStuff 6.6-1;
Sig generated by EMJB's MyInfo.tap on 3/5/21
anotherbob

Post by anotherbob »

Thanks for the responses. I'm tempted to try Mystuff. I've downloaded the manual and will see what it offers.
helpmaboab
Frequent contributor

Crash when loading logos

Post by helpmaboab »

HELP!
I decided to update my logos - downloaded the newest logo pack - copied it to - (Auto start)(UK tap project)(source logos) and run the Makelogos tap(also in same folder as UK Tap project).... the toppy loads about 50 of them and the WALLOP! crashes ... every time...

has anyone any clues?
C'mon the bears
TF5800, TS On, F/W: 5.13.65T 14/4/2009 -Sy+CpCwDeFmOtReSlTdXl
TAPs: Font Manager 1.0d; Extend v1.7; MyInfo B4.1a; QuickJump 1.72; TF5000 Display v1.31; EPGnavigator v5.1c; UK Auto Scheduler v0.73.1; UK Timers v1.2c; Archive v1.0a;
Sig generated by MyInfo on 23/10/09
jumbo
Frequent contributor

Post by jumbo »

Try using the ready compiled file. I believe that chunkywizard provides all files in various formats/sizes - somewhere!
helpmaboab
Frequent contributor

Post by helpmaboab »

jumbo wrote:Try using the ready compiled file. I believe that chunkywizard provides all files in various formats/sizes - somewhere!
ok i will give that a go! thanks
C'mon the bears
TAPs: Font Manager 1.0d; Extend v1.7; MyInfo B4.1a; QuickJump 1.72; TF5000 Display v1.31; EPGnavigator v5.1c; UK Auto Scheduler v0.73.1; UK Timers v1.2c; Archive v1.0a;
chunkywizard
MyStuff Team

Post by chunkywizard »

Linked from my sig

CW
Toppy:TF5800 F/W: 1365PaTcHeD
TAPs: MyStuff | EPG2MEI | FontManager | SecCache UK | Extend | FastScanGUI | EIT_sub_game | MyInfo | ScreenCapture with OSD | MHEG On/Off
MyStuff Manual & Logos | Known Bugs | Recommended F/W
helpmaboab
Frequent contributor

Post by helpmaboab »

Chunkywizard
it was those I have used! does the makelogos tap look in the "source logos" folder or your folder "logos" and if it is looking in the wrong folder can this cause the crash... :?
C'mon the bears