For discussion of how to use, install and choose TAPs - additional software packages that run on your Toppy

Moderator: Technical

GeoffB

UK Autoscheduler v0.73

Post by GeoffB »

Does anyone have a copy of UK Autoscheduler v0.73 I had a hard drive crash and now find the only copy I have on my pc is v0.72.

Many thanks in advance

Geoff
Topfield TF5800. 5.13.40 TAPs: EPG Navigator v5, ASUK, TAP Commander 1.0.2 , FreespaceBar1.1n, UK Timers v1.2c, QuickJump 1.56, Automove v1.8
mstombs
Frequent contributor

Post by mstombs »

Guess you could rebuild from source, but looks like there is a copy in here

http://www.saunalahti.fi/~korhorm/Tumpe ... nload/tap/
GeoffB

Post by GeoffB »

mstombs wrote:Guess you could rebuild from source, but looks like there is a copy in here

http://www.saunalahti.fi/~korhorm/Tumpe ... nload/tap/
Brilliant! Many thanks for you fast response to my post

Geoff
Topfield TF5800. 5.13.40 TAPs: EPG Navigator v5, ASUK, TAP Commander 1.0.2 , FreespaceBar1.1n, UK Timers v1.2c, QuickJump 1.56, Automove v1.8
DB1
Frequent contributor

Post by DB1 »

And the source is where?

I am not convinced UKAS is working at all WRT "ignore repeats". None of the shows where it is recording have the timestamps in the data base updated. eg NCIS is recording right now but the time stamp on its entry is Oct 23rd.

On a separate note. Anyone have the spec and placement of the file that EPG Navigator writes to put an automatic schedule into UKAS?
TF5800, F/W: 5.13.65AbBfBqC0CbCeCkCwCyDEcEeEfErEsEvEzFFsGmHHeIKtNfOtPPcPePsRRaRhRpRsSSdSrStT2TdTfTpUUuXXpXwXl TAPs: TF5000 Display v1.53; QuickJump 1.72; Power Manager v2.2; MyInfo B5.6; DescriptionExtender 2.23; Remote Extender 1.6; Archivev1.0a; mei2archive BETA 3.8l7; EPGnavigator v5.1c; UK Auto Scheduler v0.73.1; Extend v1.7; Power Restore V0.7.8
Tx: CP
Sig generated by MyInfo on 14/4/13
alan_m
Frequent contributor

Post by alan_m »

DB1 wrote:And the source is where?

I am not convinced UKAS is working at all WRT "ignore repeats". None of the shows where it is recording have the timestamps in the data base updated. eg NCIS is recording right now but the time stamp on its entry is Oct 23rd.

On a separate note. Anyone have the spec and placement of the file that EPG Navigator writes to put an automatic schedule into UKAS?
You may get some clues from the EPG_Nav source code
http://forum.toppy.org.uk/forum/viewtop ... 595#174595

The first link readme file says it contains
EPGukas.c Create a UKAS search file.

BTW you may not need the Description Extender TAP. EPG_NAV and UKAS both have versions that use the De patch.
http://forum.toppy.org.uk/forum/viewtop ... 529#199529
Ex Toppy 5800 user - now migrated to Xtrend ET10000 Enigma 2 box with 2 terrestrial and 2 satellite tuners. Second box Zgemma H9S (Enigma 2, satellite)
DB1
Frequent contributor

Post by DB1 »

Ah, thanks for that.

Anyone know the difference between the 073 on Berlios and 0731?

Have just built a version that implements my idea back thread about the file names etc. Will see what happens. At least the Toppy is still up :-)
TF5800, F/W: 5.13.65AbBfBqC0CbCeCkCwCyDEcEeEfErEsEvEzFFsGmHHeIKtNfOtPPcPePsRRaRhRpRsSSdSrStT2TdTfTpUUuXXpXwXl TAPs: TF5000 Display v1.53; QuickJump 1.72; Power Manager v2.2; MyInfo B5.6; DescriptionExtender 2.23; Remote Extender 1.6; Archivev1.0a; mei2archive BETA 3.8l7; EPGnavigator v5.1c; UK Auto Scheduler v0.73.1; Extend v1.7; Power Restore V0.7.8
mstombs
Frequent contributor

Post by mstombs »

You can get to an archive of tapworld.net on

http://web-archive-net.com/

http://web-archive-net.com/page/492071/ ... &Itemid=57

which contains both 0.73 and 0.73.1 taps, but all it says is
Changes & bug fixes since 0.73:
Added support for Description Extender Patch.
DB1
Frequent contributor

Post by DB1 »

Well it would appear that 073.1 is broken - Maybe the description extender patch, as I was seeing multiple recordings of the same prog with the same description - despite "ignore repeats".

My version is working so far. Stripping the "New" off the title and/or the description before checking the DB and writing to it is working. :-)

I also managed to reduce the compiler warnings from many to two or three that I am not sure how one fixes.
DB1
Frequent contributor

Post by DB1 »

After installing and running Channel Organiser I went into auto search. To my surprise I only had half my searches. FTPed the file off and it looked fine. After a bit of head scratching I realised that it was the search *after* the last shown that was the problem. Turned out to be a search on BBC News for Click - but the LCN was still the one it had moved from - 80 but CO's recan had updated it. Quick edit and all the searches came back - so UKAuto obviously does some sort of LCN check on startup - But with no error messages :-(
Geoff Bacon
Frequent contributor

Post by Geoff Bacon »

@DB1

This has been mentioned before in other posts (including at least one by me)

The problem is that, when displaying the searches file, it stops as soon as it detects the use of a non-existent channel. With all the channels changes, it is a wonder that you haven't experienced this before!

Having edited the file several times, I switched to MyStuff and haven't looked back.

Now it could be that this is solely a display issue i.e. the "hidden" valid searches still function or it could mean these searches won't trigger recordings. There may also be an issue if one adds another search, (does it get appended to the existing file or does it get appended after the displayed items).

You can minimize the editing by not restricting channels to specific channels but this obviously increases the search overhead.

If you haven' t tried/rejected MyStuff before, I suggest you
1) "remember" the UKAS searches (use TopManager| PcControl| Take Snapshot - alternatively, you can work from the file you edited but you need to decode each line)
2) prevent UKAS running at startup (rename UKAS.tap to UKAS.pat)
3) install MyStuff and set it up so that it has the same searches as the UKAS snapshots
4) run it to see how you get on

If you don't like MS, you can restore UKAS by renaming MyStuff.tap to .pat and rename UKAS.pat to .tap

Geoff
TopManager program
TF5800, TS On, F/W: MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009 -Sy+EvEzPePfUUuZ
TAPs: PcControl B1.4; StopExit v1.01; MHEG On/Off A3; QuickJump 1.72; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EPG2MEI v0.96; Font Manager 1.0d; Extend v1.7; WSSkiller V2.12d; MyInfo B5.6; fsSave 1.1; PruneEPG 1.0; MyStuff 6.6-1;
Sig generated by EMJB's MyInfo.tap on 3/5/21
Andy2No
Frequent contributor

Post by Andy2No »

Geoff Bacon wrote:@DB1

This has been mentioned before in other posts (including at least one by me)

The problem is that, when displaying the searches file, it stops as soon as it detects the use of a non-existent channel. With all the channels changes, it is a wonder that you haven't experienced this before!
Geoff
Good tip. Thanks, Geoff. This probably has happened to me before, but I don't remember.

It just happened to me after deleting the +1 channels, to make room for more channels being filled in properly in the EPG. I went from a few dozen searches down to three.

I decided to just rescan, putting the channels back, after reading that - which worked fine, and the fourth search in my list had a +1 specified, as part of a range of channels.

Personally, I don't feel like learning another user interface - nothing's ever perfect, so I'll persist with UKAS, and just stop specifying channels. I've edited all the searches that used it, which wasn't very many.
TF5800PVR with recommended firmware