For discussion of how to use, install and choose TAPs - additional software packages that run on your Toppy

Moderator: Technical

EMJB
Frequent contributor

Re: Sorry I am new to this

Post by EMJB »

ichilton wrote:
mroz wrote:BBC Four appears without a logo & all LCNs above get the logo of the preceeding LCN.

On mine, everything is fine up to and including BBC Three. Then, BBC4 shows a BBC Three logo and it's all messed up from then on.

Anyone found a solution yet?

Thanks

Ian
One of the options is something like LCN vs Channel number. Select LCN.
ichilton
Frequent contributor

Post by ichilton »

Hi EMJB,

I've done that, but it's still not right.

Thanks

Ian
nwhitfield
Site Admin

Post by nwhitfield »

Have you used the Reload channel logos option?
Support this site - make a donation to our running costs
ichilton
Frequent contributor

Post by ichilton »

Yep, that didn't work either :(

Thanks

Ian
hogettyhog
Frequent contributor

Post by hogettyhog »

I wonder whether anyone else has noticed the following bug with Improbox. I've only noticed it since installing the latest firmware.

If you are chase-playing a recording and the recording finishes while you are watching it, Improbox puts up its 'recording finished' message box - but it gives the name of the wrong recording - rather than giving the name of the recording just finished it seems to give the name of the previous recording even if that recording actually finished many hours previously.

Example: I was chase-playing my recording of the Ryder Cup highlights last night. When the scheduled recording finished, improbox flashed up 'Blue planet - recording finished'.
This was a recording I had done earlier in the day and it had finished about 2pm.

In all other ways Improbox is working fine e.g. if you look at its recording information it doesn't think it is recording Blue Planet.

This bug is repeatable and has happened to me quite a bit recently.
5800 Firmware: 5.13.65 (patched) Taps in order in AutoStart: Latest versions of MyStuff, Eit2Mei, Description Extender, Remote Extender, Improbox, Jukebox, TapLauncher (MeiSearch), Font Manager, Accurate Bookmarking.
CD3660
Frequent contributor

Post by CD3660 »

This happens a lot for me too.
TF5800 Black Panther 250GB (x2)
Firmware: 5.13.65 (MyStuff Recommended Version)
Transmitter: Winter Hill.
Autostart TAPs (in load order): MyStuff 5.62a, Quickjump 1.71, eit2mei beta 7.8m3, ImproBox 2.1 RC8a, MeiSearch 1.35, UK Timers 1.2a, and Tap Commander 1.32
janilxx
Frequent contributor

Post by janilxx »

CD3660 wrote:This happens a lot for me too.
Please tell this also to Gerti via email (he seems not to be following this forum anymore so often, or is he)
ichilton
Frequent contributor

Post by ichilton »

Hi,

I noticed last night that if you watch a programme which is still recording, it seems to class as timeshifting rather than as playing a programme.

In this mode, Improbox doesn't show the normal played/remaining times but rather the N&N info.

Is it possible to change this, so you can see the played/remained times when viewing programmes which are still recording, and in fact when timeshifting too?

Thanks

Ian
ichilton
Frequent contributor

Post by ichilton »

Hi,

Anyone got logos for the new 5 channels working with Improbox?

Thanks

Ian
TF5800PVR 160GB (Silver) - Firmware v5.13.65 (CyDeFHMhPPcRReRpST2XpXw), Transmitter: Billsdale
Connected by: Linksys NSLU2 V2.3R29-uNSLUng-5.5-beta.
Taps: MyStuff 5.62, eit2mei B7.8m3, TF5000 (LCD) Display v1.53, QuickJump v1.69
misterp
Frequent contributor

Post by misterp »

EMJB wrote:
ichilton wrote:
mroz wrote:BBC Four appears without a logo & all LCNs above get the logo of the preceeding LCN.

On mine, everything is fine up to and including BBC Three. Then, BBC4 shows a BBC Three logo and it's all messed up from then on.

Anyone found a solution yet?

Thanks

Ian
One of the options is something like LCN vs Channel number. Select LCN.
How do I get improbox to display the new Five US & Five Life Logos? where does it get them from?
Topfield 5800 1TB Black Panther TF5800, F/W: MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009 -FmSyXl
TAPs: EPG2MEI v0.96; MyStuff 6.5; UK Timers v1.2c; SecCache (UK) v0.4; MyInfo B5.6;
tichtich
Frequent contributor

Post by tichtich »

misterp wrote:How do I get improbox to display the new Five US & Five Life Logos? where does it get them from?
The channel logos for Improbox are available from the Downloads page of this site. But they haven't been updated since July, so won't include the new channels.
Richard Wein
Firmware: 5.13.65 (patched). Auto Start TAPs: TapCommander 1.0.2, Power Down 0.6, DescriptionExtender 2.2, mei2archive 3.8I3, Automove 1.8, QuickJump 1.54, Improbox 2.1RC8, Jag's EPG 3.0b3 (TV & radio), Media Manager 1.5, MHEG Control A2g, Extend 1.7. PC apps: DGtoTop 1.1. Profile last updated 13/05/2009
AllanG
Frequent contributor

Post by AllanG »

Here you go...

http://www.allan.girvan.btinternet.co.uk/fivelife.ibl

http://www.allan.girvan.btinternet.co.uk/fiveus.ibl

Right click on the links and do a "save as". You can then copy them over to the "TV" folder in "ChannelLogos" on the Toppy.

The Improbox menu item "Reload Channel Logos" should sort everything out.
Allan Girvan
TF5800, IA On, TS On, F/W: MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009 -Sy
TAPs: mei2archive BETA 3.8l3; Extend v1.7; FastSkip 1.1; Font Manager 1.0d; MyStuff 6.3; EPG2MEI v0.96; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub v0.6; MyInfo B5.5;
Sig generated by MyInfo on 24/12/10
andygrunt
Frequent contributor

Post by andygrunt »

Thanks for the 'Five' logos.

On a similar note, since rescanning to get the Five channels I'm missing a Film4 logo for improbox as the channel has moved. Using Altair to check the directory, there doesn't seem to be a film4 logo so maybe it wasn't there before (and I'm going nutty).

Anyway, does anyone have one? Alternately, if someone tells me how to make an .ibl file, I'd be happy to make the logo file myself.
TF5810PVRt running MyStuff 6.4 & recommended TAPS & Firmware via MyStuff installer Transmitter: Mendip
AllanG
Frequent contributor

Post by AllanG »

No sooner said than done...

http://www.allan.girvan.btinternet.co.uk/film4.ibl

Edit: Whoops! I posted the old version by mistake - the link should now work!
Last edited by AllanG on Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Allan Girvan
TF5800, IA On, TS On, F/W: MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009 -Sy
TAPs: mei2archive BETA 3.8l3; Extend v1.7; FastSkip 1.1; Font Manager 1.0d; MyStuff 6.3; EPG2MEI v0.96; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub v0.6; MyInfo B5.5;
Sig generated by MyInfo on 24/12/10
andygrunt
Frequent contributor

Post by andygrunt »

That was scarily quick :)

Thanks.
TF5810PVRt running MyStuff 6.4 & recommended TAPS & Firmware via MyStuff installer Transmitter: Mendip