For discussion of how to use, install and choose TAPs - additional software packages that run on your Toppy

Moderator: Technical

Andy K
Frequent contributor

Post by Andy K »

Andy K wrote:I created a new file with the channels names in from a few pages back in this thread. and also tried the new version 1.4 but it won't delete them.
Results/Conclusion

I created a file with LCN's to remove the channels.
I ran it and it worked.

I didn't get it to delete LCN's where I had two channels under the same number (as I assumed it would delete both)

I added the channelnames back into the file and ran it again, but it wouldn't delete them. I assume the TAP can't cope AT ALL if you have 2 channels under the same number.

I have manually deleted the rest.
Autostart TAPs: Jags 3, Bookmark 2uk, Quickjump 1.71, Power Manager 1.1, Description Extender 1.5/2.1, MEI2Archive ß3.8l6, Tap Launcher 3.5a, Tap Commander, AccurateBMExtend 0.3, RemoteExt 1.5, TunerRecAR.2
Launched during EPG scan: Crid, SeriesLink ß0.35
TF5800 Version 5.13.65 PHT2UFXp5Xw3RpPcE2Bf2BqRsRh3Pf1Ec2ErEfHe1 Ra3Cf2Ct
Samsung 400Gb+Fan
andyrogers
Frequent contributor

Post by andyrogers »

Firebird

Is it possible for this tap to be re-written so it includes an option to delete duplicate channels, but only 1 of the duplicate lcn's.

Andy

Firmware: 5.14.09 Patched
AutoStart Taps: MyStuff v5.52b, eit2mei beta 7.8m7, , Power Manager v1.2, Tap Commander v1.32, TF5000 Display v1.53a, Discription Extender v2.3, SDS 1.3b, QuickJump 1.72
Other Taps: Sudoka, mei2archive, mei2eit, snake, meisearch
FireBird
Frequent contributor

Post by FireBird »

andyrogers wrote:...to delete ... only 1 of the duplicate lcn's.
How do you want to tell the TAP which of the two to delete?
chunkywizard
MyStuff Team

Post by chunkywizard »

the duplicate LCNs would be broadcast on different channels due to them being picked up from different transmitters. You could use UHF=xx to block out the weaker channels,

HTH

CW
Toppy:TF5800 F/W: 1365PaTcHeD
TAPs: MyStuff | EPG2MEI | FontManager | SecCache UK | Extend | FastScanGUI | EIT_sub_game | MyInfo | ScreenCapture with OSD | MHEG On/Off
MyStuff Manual & Logos | Known Bugs | Recommended F/W
Andy K
Frequent contributor

Post by Andy K »

my duplicate lcn's are where the lcns have been rearranged and I haven't deleted and re-tuned.
Autostart TAPs: Jags 3, Bookmark 2uk, Quickjump 1.71, Power Manager 1.1, Description Extender 1.5/2.1, MEI2Archive ß3.8l6, Tap Launcher 3.5a, Tap Commander, AccurateBMExtend 0.3, RemoteExt 1.5, TunerRecAR.2
Launched during EPG scan: Crid, SeriesLink ß0.35
TF5800 Version 5.13.65 PHT2UFXp5Xw3RpPcE2Bf2BqRsRh3Pf1Ec2ErEfHe1 Ra3Cf2Ct
Samsung 400Gb+Fan
andyrogers
Frequent contributor

Post by andyrogers »

FireBird wrote:
andyrogers wrote:...to delete ... only 1 of the duplicate lcn's.
How do you want to tell the TAP which of the two to delete?
The reason iam asking is to do with the current bug issue of duplicate lcn's on the same transmitter, after a channel rescan. So just for this issue it would not matter which dupl LCN was removed, but I did not think about the issue of dupl LCN's from other tx's.

Prehaps it could be coded if it found a dupl of the same lcn of the tx then it could remove either one, but if it was form 2 Tx's then the weaker channel as chunkywizard suggests.

Thanks

Andy

Firmware: 5.14.09 Patched
AutoStart Taps: MyStuff v5.52b, eit2mei beta 7.8m7, , Power Manager v1.2, Tap Commander v1.32, TF5000 Display v1.53a, Discription Extender v2.3, SDS 1.3b, QuickJump 1.72
Other Taps: Sudoka, mei2archive, mei2eit, snake, meisearch
FireBird
Frequent contributor

Post by FireBird »

Adding a scan algorithm would be a big change and I?m afraid that I don?t have the time right now. Sorry.

Alex
FireBird
Frequent contributor

Post by FireBird »

SimonC has added the code to remove duplicate LCNs. Simply add a "DUPLCN=yes" to your ChannelRemover.txt and they?re gone.

Thanks Simon!
chunkywizard
MyStuff Team

Post by chunkywizard »

Hi Alex,

Do you have a link to the new version? The link on the front page still downloads a version from 25/5/06...

CW
TAPs: MyStuff | EPG2MEI | FontManager | SecCache UK | Extend | FastScanGUI | EIT_sub_game | MyInfo | ScreenCapture with OSD | MHEG On/Off
FireBird
Frequent contributor

Post by FireBird »

The link is o.k., the upload went wrong. Sorry - fixed.
chunkywizard
MyStuff Team

Post by chunkywizard »

Hi Alex,

I still get the same file. Is the link as per the first post of this thread?

CW
FireBird
Frequent contributor

Post by FireBird »

chunkywizard wrote:I still get the same file. Is the link as per the first post of this thread?
Yes and it works for me. Try to clear your browsers cache.
chunkywizard
MyStuff Team

Post by chunkywizard »

Sorted now, thanks

CW
YorkshireJumbo
Frequent contributor

Some thoughts

Post by YorkshireJumbo »

Just a few words of warning after using this TAP for the first time.

I upgraded my firmware (finally :shock:) to Bastille, rebooted without TAPs and did a factory reset. I then listed the Channels and LCNs I wanted to remove, and added them to the ChannelRemover.txt from the zipfile. I then ran the TAP, got the screen and... nothing - no channels or LCNs removed.

So I tinkered around with the file, changing the case, the order, trying just channels, all with no result. I read all the thread, and noticed that someone else had had a similar problem using the txt file from the archive, so I created one from scratch. I took the names list from earlier in the thread, used Channels, but didn't use LCNs or the Duplicates functionality. I ran the TAP and it worked, but... the Toppy rebooted - I might have been on one of the duplicate channels I was trying to remove :roll:

So after VF&F and loading some TAPs, I made sure I wasn't on one of the duplicate channels, ran it again. It went through to the end with the message to reboot. I pressed power-off and the screen went blank, but the Toppy was still on with the clock on the display.

So, I turned it off at the mains, restarted, factory reset, rescanned, ran the TAP and... it worked :D Next time, I should be able to rescan and get it working within a few minutes.
YJ - You may have speed, but I have momentum
Black Panther since Sep '05, Caps replaced July '10
WD10EZRX and Turbosat adaptor added May '16
New Noiseblocker XR1 fan added Mar '21
F/W: MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009 -Sy+U+Uu
TAPs: MS 6.6 Suite, UK OZ Surfer
vroomfondle
Frequent contributor

Re: Some thoughts

Post by vroomfondle »

YorkshireJumbo wrote:J...I then ran the TAP, got the screen and... nothing - no channels or LCNs removed.

So I tinkered around with the file, changing the case, the order, trying just channels, all with no result. I read all the thread, and noticed that someone else had had a similar problem using the txt file from the archive, .....
That was probably me. I never could get this tap to do anything. I've come to the conclusion that if I have to spend more than 15 mins messing around with it, I may as well delete the unwanted channels by hand.. Only have to do it every six months or so anyway.
A tap where I could specify the channels I want to keep would be more useful.
5800 (400Gb, fan cooled). Firmware: 5.13.40PHT2a Taps: MyStuff5.21a, Mediamanager1.3
Other: ASUS WL-500gx + Olegs (1.9.2.7-7f) + ftpd-topfield (0.7.4) + rt2mei0.63