For discussion of how to use, install and choose TAPs - additional software packages that run on your Toppy

Moderator: Technical

onnward

Does anyone have TAP file to remove duplicate channels?

Post by onnward »

It's been a few years since I last visited this site but good to see that this playform is (mainly) still alive :)

Presently running the latest version of MyStuff but am being forced to retune every now and then as channels get swapped around and end up with loads of duplicates.

Does anyone have a copy of Channel Manager TAP, Channel Organiser TAP, Fastscan GUI TAP or anything that will help on the laborious takes of deleting loads of duplicate channels after a rescan.

I am aware that you can do a factory reset and scan only certain MUX channels but don't want to lose my timeers/settings.

TAPS used to get automatically downloaded from http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk when installing MyStuff but that service has long since gone :(

I have a Topfield 5800.

Thanks in advance if anyone is able to help.
Geoff Bacon
Frequent contributor

Re: Does anyone have TAP file to remove duplicate channels?

Post by Geoff Bacon »

The easiest way, assuming you have a windows pc, to get the files you want is to install my TopManager program on the pc.
You can then use Tools|Install Files ... option to load several taps and/or ChannelOrganiser data files.
Each time TM is run, it will tell you if I have changed the CO data files (and these can be easily installed).
Of course, this assumes that the windows pc is connected to both the internet and toppy at the same time.

You should only tune the toppy using the Channel Organiser tap or the TM PcControl| Channel Management interface. Both these methods use the same data files and are interchangeable.

Forget any ideas of using FastScanGUI - it's internal tables are obsolete.

There are several taps/patches required for proper running of the toppy and it is likely that you don't have them all e.g. PruneEPG tap. While you can use the Tools| Install Files.. option to load taps, you could just run my GCBMyStuffInstaller on your pc and do a full MyStuff install (option 1- and Yes to any prompt). This will be provide you with all necessary taps and patches and won't changes any files that don't need changing.

I believe that Jimi has a download of ChannelOrganiser.tap (and several other taps) but I could be wrong.

I suggest you use TopManager and/or GCBMystuffInstaller followed by a retune of your toppy.
Then use TM |Display | MyInfo Log, copy the text (CtrlA to select all, CtrlC to copy) and paste the clipboard (CtrlV) into this thread. This will give others an opportunity to see exactly how your toppy is configured,

My website is shown in my signature

Geoff
TopManager program
TF5800, TS On, F/W: MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009 -Sy+EvEzPePfUUuZ
TAPs: PcControl B1.4; StopExit v1.01; MHEG On/Off A3; QuickJump 1.72; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EPG2MEI v0.96; Font Manager 1.0d; Extend v1.7; WSSkiller V2.12d; MyInfo B5.6; fsSave 1.1; PruneEPG 1.0; MyStuff 6.6-1;
Sig generated by EMJB's MyInfo.tap on 3/5/21
jimi
Frequent contributor

Post by jimi »

Geoff Bacon wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 9:10 am
I believe that Jimi has a download of ChannelOrganiser.tap (and several other taps) but I could be wrong.

I suggest you use TopManager and/or GCBMystuffInstaller followed by a retune of your toppy.
Then use TM |Display | MyInfo Log, copy the text (CtrlA to select all, CtrlC to copy) and paste the clipboard (CtrlV) into this thread. This will give others an opportunity to see exactly how your toppy is configured,

My website is shown in my signature

Geoff
Yes I have that one, I'm maintaining an archive of Toppy taps that are no longer available elsewhere on my website. You can download them here https://jlawson.co.uk/downloads/category/2-toppy

Personally I'd go with Geoff's suggestion of using GCBMystuffInstaller to reinstall MyStuff then TopManager for retunes, updates etc.
That's what I use, (have been for a few years) it's quick and effortless, thanks to Geoff's work 8)
TF5800, TS On, F/W: MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009 -Sy+Pe
TAPs: PcControl B1.4; Extend v1.7; EPG2MEI v0.96; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; Font Manager 1.0d; MHEG On/Off A3; (MyInfo B5.6); PruneEPG 1.0; MyStuff 6.6;
Sig generated by TopManager/PcControl on 16/12/20

https://jlawson.co.uk/downloads
onnward

Post by onnward »

Hi Geoff & Jimi,

Many thanks for taking the time to reply. Sorry it's taken so long to get back to you but I didn't reliase anyone had replied to my post as I was expecting a notification email.

Geoff - Please note that the TopManager download link in viewtopic.php?t=17888 does not work - I get a "Not Found. The requested URL was not found on this server" error message. I was able to go to directly your GeeCeeBee.co.uk website and download it from there.

Thanks again,

Ashley
jimi
Frequent contributor

Post by jimi »

Your email notifications are probably not set (the forum upgrade changed a few things) go here ucp.php?i=ucp_notifications&mode=notification_options and tick the email notifications for the ones you want.
TAPs: PcControl B1.4; Extend v1.7; EPG2MEI v0.96; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; Font Manager 1.0d; MHEG On/Off A3; (MyInfo B5.6); PruneEPG 1.0; MyStuff 6.6;

Geoff Bacon
Frequent contributor

Post by Geoff Bacon »

@onnward
Thanks for that - I've modified the link on the TopManager page so that it specifies an https:// (before, it was looking for it on the toppy forum)

Suggest you post your MyInfo log so that we can check out your toppy config.
Assuming you have run TopManager and set up/opened a USB connection
1) Display| Display MyInfo Log
2) Ctrl A (select all - or right click with mouse and pick from popup menu)
3) Ctrl C (copy - or use mouse
4) Add to this thread and Ctrl V to paste

Geoff
TopManager program
TAPs: PcControl B1.4; StopExit v1.01; MHEG On/Off A3; QuickJump 1.72; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EPG2MEI v0.96; Font Manager 1.0d; Extend v1.7; WSSkiller V2.12d; MyInfo B5.6; fsSave 1.1; PruneEPG 1.0; MyStuff 6.6-1;
Geoff Bacon
Frequent contributor

Post by Geoff Bacon »

@onnward

If you post then you can assume that someone will respond - and probably within a couple of hours (although the forum isn't active in terms of new posts, we still have several members checking to see if any arrive - and some of those have left for other recording media!)

Geoff
TopManager program
onnward

Post by onnward »

Thanks Jimi - Have used your link and now have email notifications enabled
Thanks Geoff - Everything now sorted.

Regards, Ashley
jimi
Frequent contributor

Post by jimi »

Excellent, glad it's all sorted 8)