General chat about the TF5800 and TF5810 PVRs, along with other European Topfield models, customer service, plus other Toppy issues not covered elsewhere

Moderators: General, Technical

nwhitfield
Site Admin

Welcome.

Post by nwhitfield »

Welcome to the TF5800 discussion area. This area is intended for a range of discussions about the TF5800PVR, and it's close relative the TF5000PVRt.

Please post comments about TAPs, upgrades and other enhancements in the appropriate area.

Thanks,

Nigel.
Last edited by nwhitfield on Sun Apr 17, 2005 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
rhubarbe
Frequent contributor

Re: Welcome.

Post by rhubarbe »

Well done, it works, Nigel. :D
TAPS: EPG Navigator (but not in Autostart) - Model: TF5800PVR 250GB - Firmware version: Bastille Day - TX: Winter Hill
tmfa

Post by tmfa »

It's looking good so far.<br>
nwhitfield
Site Admin

Post by nwhitfield »

Yep; all seems to be running ok on the forum side. Now I have to to the tricky techy bits, and make sure I didn't screw something up with the database!<br><br>Nigel.
Support this site - make a donation to our running costs
Peter.Allison

Post by Peter.Allison »

Looks pretty comprehensive so far. Well done Nigel
F/W - MS6 Recommended 12/9/2009
TAPs - MyStuff 6.0 TAP Commander 1.34
tigersden
Regular contributor

Post by tigersden »

Everything seems ok.<br>Keep up he good work
michael5472

Post by michael5472 »

Cheers for the forum :D<br><br>followed you here from digital spy :D<br><br>I like the look of the box but i don't have much time to test it out tonight i gotta run out &nbsp;>:(
ceejbee
Frequent contributor

Post by ceejbee »

I wasn't sure which thread to post this on, but I would like to thank Nigel Whitfield for being smart and unselfish enough to provide us with this forum. It has already become the prime source of information and help for Topfield owners, including help and advice from those on the other side of the world who have experience of them already.<br><br>I would also like to say that the fact that he showed interest in the Toppy at an early stage had quite an influence on my decision to buy one.<br><br>So, thanks again Nigel. I just wonder how you find the time to earn a living as well!<br><br>ceejbee
marcus
Regular contributor

Post by marcus »

You're doing an excellent &nbsp;job ;D<br><br>Marcus

Post by Guest »

Sorry to be a kill joy but i don't like this new look.

The lettering is far too small it's giving me eye strain, and I don't know if its me but the web site now seems a bit slow.

Marcus
nwhitfield
Site Admin

Post by nwhitfield »

The best place for feedback is in the Site news and feedback forum, but briefly:

1) You can change style to the phpBB default, which has larger text.

2) I'm monitoring the system load, and yes, it is a bit slower. It's much more complex software, and is doing a lot more things than the old one.

I shall probably have to install more memory in the server to boost performance.

Nigel.
marcus
Regular contributor

Post by marcus »

nwhitfield wrote:The best place for feedback is in the Site news and feedback forum
Nigel.
Sorry Nigel,

This was the only thread i could access at the time,because it was so slow :D

Marcus
jondoc
Regular contributor

Post by jondoc »

I did`nt want to interupt the forum threads so I chose this part of the site to just say; thanks to Nigel and the Mods for this brilliant site, and how much I appreciate all their hard work.