General chat about the TF5800 and TF5810 PVRs, along with other European Topfield models, customer service, plus other Toppy issues not covered elsewhere

Moderators: General, Technical

andyfras
Frequent contributor

Toppies For Sale

Post by andyfras »

The time has come for me to significantly reduce my stock of spare Toppies and parts. I have some complete, fully working Toppies, and some that require repair (mostly tuner replacement). Is anyone interested before I set about these set-ups and repairs? I also have spare PSU boards for all models.
Toppy PSU repair service or capacitor kits for DIY available - PM me for details.
MyStuff 6.6 : Little Clock : MHEGOnOff : Extend : EPG2MEI : SecCache : EIT_Sub : TSSaver : Prune EPG
Channel Organiser : Tap Commander : HDD Info : PCControl : Signal Monitor : MyInfo
URC-7555 remote: TF5800 320GB 2.5", Recommended_5800.tfd + CfPePsScUUuWfZ
fhjones
Frequent contributor

Re: Toppies For Sale

Post by fhjones »

PM sent.
TF5810, F/W: MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009 +UUu
TAPs: PcControl B1.4; EPG2MEI v0.96; QuickJump 1.72; MyStuff 6.6; PruneEPG 1.0; MyInfo B5.6; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; MHEG On/Off A3; Font Manager 1.0d; Extend v1.7;
Sig generated by EMJB's MyInfo.tap on 12/1/21
â„¢
bunyan

Post by bunyan »

Hi Andy,

Although I only ever went onto this Toppy web-site occasionally, I decided to do so in early July and saw Nigel Whitfield's notice that the bulk of the site has been retired. That was rather sad to read because this has obviously been a great co-operative venture by the technically minded and non-technically minded Toppy owners but 'Tempus Fugit' and I guess that people have moved on in their viewing and programme access requirements.

Of course, I always did go onto this Toppy site whenever I had problems and I always managed to find a solution, the last of those being when I was advised by a forum member [possibly Geoff Bacon] to contact you back in May 2018 when I was having 'limited functionality' with my TF5810. You provided me with a great service by permitting me to get a replacement PSU, quickly and at very reasonable cost.

When I was on the web-site I found this post of yours advising that you have Toppies and spare PSU boards available for sale which I was interested to note, even though I'm not 'in need' [touch wood] of anything at present. Three years ago I said "It is very good and kind of you to provide that PSU board
replacement 'service' and I would like to extend my, gratitude to you for having done so" and I'm pleased to repeat those words again.

Stuart
andyfras
Frequent contributor

Post by andyfras »

Thanks for your comments.
Toppy PSU repair service or capacitor kits for DIY available - PM me for details.
MyStuff 6.6 : Little Clock : MHEGOnOff : Extend : EPG2MEI : SecCache : EIT_Sub : TSSaver : Prune EPG
Channel Organiser : Tap Commander : HDD Info : PCControl : Signal Monitor : MyInfo
URC-7555 remote: TF5800 320GB 2.5", Recommended_5800.tfd + CfPePsScUUuWfZ