For questions, answers and tips aimed at new users, or those thinking about buying a Toppy

Moderators: General, Technical

PaulTaylor
Regular contributor

Search Priority in Jag's

Post by PaulTaylor »

Jag's "Search Word List" screen (Guide, |>) sets timer priority by search number.
Use cursor Left/Right to move your most wanted searches to the top of the list (1.)
Caution: coloured buttons sort the search word list alphabetically?
Salopian
Frequent contributor

Post by Salopian »

I use an MX-500 remote to control all my equipment.
I have a macro on the off button to switch the TV, amp and Toppy off. The macro sets the Toppy to sleep in 10 minutes. This is in case it is recording when I switch off.

The macro used to select Opt, down 4 and right one. This does not always work as the opt menu is variable.

Now I select Opt go UP one ( to the sleep option at the bottom) and right one.
So far this has always worked .
chunkywizard
MyStuff Team

Post by chunkywizard »

Toppy Keyboard

If you want lower case on the Toppy keyboard select 'other' in the bottom left corner. If you want punctuation, select 'other' again. A third selection takes you back to capitals.

It took me ages to realise this!

Cheers

Chunkywizard
Toppy:TF5800 F/W: 1365PaTcHeD
TAPs: MyStuff | EPG2MEI | FontManager | SecCache UK | Extend | FastScanGUI | EIT_sub_game | MyInfo | ScreenCapture with OSD | MHEG On/Off
MyStuff Manual & Logos | Known Bugs | Recommended F/W
Ian Lowry
Regular contributor

Post by Ian Lowry »

RE: Toppy keyboard

I would like this to work in the same way as Jag's keyboard, with single keypresses to control Shift,Space,Delete and Save.[/b]
Hwyl
Ian

TAPs: EPG2MEI v0.94; TAP Commander 1.0.1; MyInfo B4.0; mcgCYRResume V1.0; Power Manager v1.2; MyStuff 6.0; Little Clock v2.2; Font Manager 1.0d; Extend v1.7;

Sig generated by MyInfo on 19/9/09
chunkywizard
MyStuff Team

Post by chunkywizard »

Hi Ian,

so would I! I suggest you put this request into the 'future firmware requests thread' and hopefully we can get it added as a feature request that goes to Topfield.

Cheers

Chunkywizard
TAPs: MyStuff | EPG2MEI | FontManager | SecCache UK | Extend | FastScanGUI | EIT_sub_game | MyInfo | ScreenCapture with OSD | MHEG On/Off
YorkshireJumbo
Frequent contributor

Post by YorkshireJumbo »

alfablue wrote:Chunky - just tried it, now did it work.........
If you have two browser windows open, you can change your sig on the profile page in one window then save it.

You can use the other window to reply to a post, but use the "Preview" instead of "Submit" button to view you post and your sig.

If you don't like the look, change it in the first window, save, then preview again in the second.

Repeat as necessary... :D
YJ - You may have speed, but I have momentum
Black Panther since Sep '05, Caps replaced July '10
WD10EZRX and Turbosat adaptor added May '16
New Noiseblocker XR1 fan added Mar '21
F/W: MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009 -Sy+U+Uu
TAPs: MS 6.6 Suite, UK OZ Surfer
Billybug

Re: Top Tip!

Post by Billybug »

chunkywizard wrote:Hi Folks,

Did you know, if you use Jags and have the Guide button assigned to bring it up you can still get to the standard EPG quickly by pressing MENU then GUIDE.

Cheers

Chunkywizard
I was going to install the jags tap tonite and would be interest to know how do you asign a TAP to a button on the remote?
Thanks
Billy
Geo
Regular contributor

Re: Top Tip!

Post by Geo »

Billybug wrote: I was going to install the jags tap tonite and would be interest to know how do you asign a TAP to a button on the remote?
Thanks
Billy
Install and run Jags, press Menu. There are two options to set two different buttons. I personally use Guide now that I know about the pressing Menu first tip. If you assign Guide* it will toggle through the EPGs.
Allow a while to run through all the settings, it will not be configured correctly for UK use.
Toppy: TF5800PVR; Basically I just run the latest MyStuff with it's recomended firmware plus T5000 Display
Billybug

Post by Billybug »

anytips on running through the settings then?
thanks so far
chunkywizard
MyStuff Team

Post by chunkywizard »

Hi Billybug,

for Jag's set up, read Richard Wein's manual which is available from the Guides section of this site. Regarding updating firmware (I saw you posted in another thread) there is also a guide on this,

Cheers

Chunkywizard
Billybug

Post by Billybug »

I am having trouble downloading the guide, apparently i need version 7 of acrobat - i have an older version. Any ideas on how i can download without version 7?
Thanks
HydeTheDarkerSide
Frequent contributor

Post by HydeTheDarkerSide »

If using IE6 you could try right clicking the download link and select "Save target as".
Hyde.
[size=10:da1fd20a33][b:da1fd20a33]2x TF5800 All controlled with Harmony Ultimate [/b:da1fd20a33], TS On, F/W: MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009 -RSy+BmC0CbCfCtDsEgEmEvFsGIMPePsR0ScUUuWfXZ
TAPs: PcControl B1.3; EPG2MEI v0.96; Font Manager 1.0d; Extend v1.7; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; MyInfo B5.6; MyStuff 6.5 RC2;
[color=blue:da1fd20a33]MyStuff Links: http://www.toppy.org.uk/~mystuff/index.shtml[/color:da1fd20a33]
Sig generated by MyInfo on 11/10/13[/size:da1fd20a33]
Billybug

Post by Billybug »

thanks for that last tip - have now got the guide - fantastic!
chunkywizard
MyStuff Team

Post by chunkywizard »

Hiding "Press i" on BBC channels

You can Hide the "Press i" message on BBC channels by pressing the GREEN interactive button. This was posted by Mike in another thread and I thought it worth of mentioning again!

Cheers

Chunkywizard
profile7
Frequent contributor

[b]Live progress bar and QuickJump[/b]

Post by profile7 »

If you are using time slip for live TV and use QuickJump during adverts, then I've found that the progress bar doesn't update.

eg: You are 15 mins behind live TV and then QuickJump through 3 mins of adverts but progress bar still shows that you're 15 mins behind instead of 12 mins.

A quick pause/unpause corrects the progress bar.

p7
Model: TF5800PVR Firmware: Bastille
TAPs: TF5000 Display
v1.38, UK Timers v1.2, QuickJump v1.52, EPG Nav v5.1, Description Extender 2.1, UK AS v0.70, Archive v1.0a,