General discussion relating to Topfield products for the Australian market

Moderators: General, Technical, Oz mods

Oatway

Using TF7100HD Plus in the UK

Post by Oatway »

G'day,

Brought my Toppy back to the UK and trying to get it setup, I thought I could just search for digital channels as normal but it seems to just search on Aussie channel frequencies.

Is there a way to change this, perhaps a firmware update or re-install??

Many thanks in advance for any help...hating not being able to record my shows!

Cheers

Craig
ryclark
Frequent contributor

Post by ryclark »

I assume you have done a Factory Reset before you tried scanning for channels? It does include VHF which isn't used for DTT here in the UK although UHF channels 21-69 should be OK. I would find out which transmitter you are using and what it's channel allocations are and try tuning them in manually one at a time.

You won't, of course, get any HD channels here because they use DVB T2 standard and are MPEG4 encoded.
TF5800t, TS On, F/W: MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009 -Fm
TAPs: PcControl B1.4; MyInfo B5.6; EPG2MEI v0.96; MyStuff 6.6; MHEG On/Off A3; Extend v1.7; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; TSSaver v0.5;
Sig generated by MyInfo on 13/10/14
?
Oatway

Post by Oatway »

Thanks for the feedback, I'm not sure how to determine the tuners that I have... although I did do a factory reset on the options menu and it didn't do me any good. Pretty disappointed about the HD channels as well, the guy at JB Hi-Fi assured me it would all work fine in the UK - anything for a quick sale I guess!

I'll keep pluggin away :D
arrow57
Regular contributor

TF-7260 in the UK

Post by arrow57 »

ryclark wrote:I assume you have done a Factory Reset before you tried scanning for channels? It does include VHF which isn't used for DTT here in the UK although UHF channels 21-69 should be OK. I would find out which transmitter you are using and what it's channel allocations are and try tuning them in manually one at a time.

You won't, of course, get any HD channels here because they use DVB T2 standard and are MPEG4 encoded.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, you seem at last to be someone who may be able to help, I love my 5800 but want to upgrade to the 7260. will this model work in the UK and if not are there any ways, (i.e. TAPs) that will enable it to work? If no solution is possible then which topfield is closest to the 7260? Thanks Arrow57.
arrow57
juwlz
MyStuff Team

Post by juwlz »

Duplicate question (and replies) in this thread

Short answer: Any PVR designed to work in Australia is unlikely to work satisfactorily in the UK.

Topfield effectively abandoned the UK market many years ago. The only reason 5800s and 5810s still work is due to contributed patches by forum members (in around 2009), to deal with broadcasting changes that Topfield never even attempted to address. The bottom line is that you're better off looking for the functionality you want in some other UK offering, rather than sticking to the Toppy brand.
5800, TS On, F/W: MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009 -Sy+BmC0CfCtFsIMPePsR3UUuUxZ
5810, TS On, F/W: F/W: MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009 +BmCfCtFsR3Z
MyStuff info; Help!; Reference
Harmony 885 remote. Sig date 8 April 2012