For discussions related to MyStuff and associated TAPs, including eit2mei and MEI Search

Moderator: Technical

shenson
Frequent contributor

MyStuff signed recordings on ITV

Post by shenson »

Over the last few weeks there have been a few sign language programmes recorded when MyStuff reschedules a power search. If I notice these I have to manually change the timers to avoid them.

I've investigated this further. I set the K8 option to "Yes" to see what happens if I manually set recordings. For ITV channels when I set a one off timer for a signed recording it doesn't show the special icon but it does for other channels.

An example of this is the early morning ITV2 SL repeats of "Coronation Street" or "Tipping Point" on ITV.

I've only seen this so far for ITV channels. The description still has "SL" in the square brackets, I've checked the EPG.mei files and I can't see any obvious pattern to this. Some have episode numbers at the end of the line instead of the [...SL...] stuff but that works fine on Ch5 which uses the same format.
TF5800, F/W: MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009 -Fm+EvEzMPeUUuZ
TAPs: PcControl B1.4; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; EPG2MEI v0.96; Extend v1.7; MyInfo B5.6; MyStuff 6.6; PruneEPG 1.0; SecCache (UK) v0.4; TAP Commander 1.34; UK Subtitle 1.9;
jimi
Frequent contributor

Post by jimi »

Your Power Search will be picking them up as alternatives on a reschedule. You may be able fine tune the search text to eliminate them or you could exclude them on the timers screen.
TF5800, TS On, F/W: MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009 -Sy+Pe
TAPs: PcControl B1.4; Extend v1.7; EPG2MEI v0.96; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; Font Manager 1.0d; MHEG On/Off A3; (MyInfo B5.6); PruneEPG 1.0; MyStuff 6.6;
Sig generated by TopManager/PcControl on 16/12/20
shenson
Frequent contributor

Post by shenson »

I tried excluding "SL" in the search text but it still picks them up. Presumably the square bracketed stuff is excluded from MyStuff searches?

AFAICS the cause i MyStuff no longer consistently detecting SL for ITV channels. I'm not sure why it has suddenly started happening because the formats in EPG.mei for those it does and doesn't detect seem very similar.
TF5800, F/W: MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009 -Fm+EvEzMPeUUuZ
TAPs: PcControl B1.4; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; EPG2MEI v0.96; Extend v1.7; MyInfo B5.6; MyStuff 6.6; PruneEPG 1.0; SecCache (UK) v0.4; TAP Commander 1.34; UK Subtitle 1.9;
jimi
Frequent contributor

Post by jimi »

This is what the MyStuff Manual says
• Search Text
Text letters are scrolled by Up and Down and the cursor can be moved with Left and Right. To insert a character to the left or right between two other characters use the << or >> keys. If you need to add a number, these can be added using the keypad and deleting of characters is done by using Stop. In MyStuff v6 square brackets are also available. This allows you to exclude sign language programmes that are flagged in the EIT data with [SL]. Any spaces are automatically removed from the end of the text. If you press Recall then the entire keyword will be deleted.
TF5800, TS On, F/W: MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009 -Sy+Pe
TAPs: PcControl B1.4; Extend v1.7; EPG2MEI v0.96; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; Font Manager 1.0d; MHEG On/Off A3; (MyInfo B5.6); PruneEPG 1.0; MyStuff 6.6;
Sig generated by TopManager/PcControl on 16/12/20