For discussions related to MyStuff and associated TAPs, including eit2mei and MEI Search

Moderator: Technical

madcatman

Distorted displays

Post by madcatman »

TF5800 with MyStuff 6.6

A few days ago I ran Channel Organiser to rescan and deleted a couple of duplicate LCNs. Since doing so, all the displays controlled by MyStuff are mangled. On EPG the logos are distorted into a trapezoidal shape and there's live video round the edges. The rows of program boxes for each channel are misaligned vertically and the text is all displaced. Similarly on the MyStuff A-Z menus and the recorded program lists etc. Also with displays like 'Initialising PowerOff' where the text appears some way above the box outline.

Displays of TF5800 inbuilt menus are fine, as are the TV pictures. It's just the MyStuff text displays.

I've tried a full install using the GCB installer and accepting all its defaults but it's made no difference.

Any suggestions please? I have access to another TF5800 with MyStuff which was working fine last time it was used so can copy from that if there's particular files that need replacing.

Thanks

Steve
Geoff Bacon
Frequent contributor

Re: Distorted displays

Post by Geoff Bacon »

try powering off at the wall for 2 minutes?

Check Mystuff options W3 and W4 (offsets) are both set to 0

Geoff
TopManager program
TF5800, TS On, F/W: MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009 -Sy+EvEzPePfUUuZ
TAPs: PcControl B1.4; StopExit v1.01; MHEG On/Off A3; QuickJump 1.72; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EPG2MEI v0.96; Font Manager 1.0d; Extend v1.7; WSSkiller V2.12d; MyInfo B5.6; fsSave 1.1; PruneEPG 1.0; MyStuff 6.6-1;
Sig generated by EMJB's MyInfo.tap on 3/5/21
madcatman

Post by madcatman »

Thanks for the suggestions - had tried both of those. In the end, turned out to be a basic setting rather than any software issue. The output format had got switched to NTSC. Changing back to PAL fixed everything. Beats me why that should mess up the MyStuff menus but nothing else, but it does.

I suspect it got switched due to finger trouble when intending to reset the aspect ratio to 16:9. Holding '0' while booting in order to be able to get to the Channel Organiser can leave the aspect ratio at 4:3 if you let go at the wrong moment.

Very relieved it was nothing more complicated.

Steve
Geoff Bacon
Frequent contributor

Post by Geoff Bacon »

I think the Z patch disables aspect ratio switching

Geoff
TopManager program
TF5800, TS On, F/W: MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009 -Sy+EvEzPePfUUuZ
TAPs: PcControl B1.4; StopExit v1.01; MHEG On/Off A3; QuickJump 1.72; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EPG2MEI v0.96; Font Manager 1.0d; Extend v1.7; WSSkiller V2.12d; MyInfo B5.6; fsSave 1.1; PruneEPG 1.0; MyStuff 6.6-1;
Sig generated by EMJB's MyInfo.tap on 3/5/21