For discussion of firmware updates, enhancement requests, and other upgrades to your Toppy, but not TAPs or computer-related

Moderators: Technical, Oz mods

Grand Dizzy
Frequent contributor

Can someone please fix my T5800?

Post by Grand Dizzy »

Hi guys, I haven't been to this forum for a while.

A few years ago I got myself a second hand TF5800, installed MyStuff and I absolutely adored it. It is without doubt the greatest PVR ever IMHO!

Before long though, it stopped working. Admittedly, I had done a crude job of replacing the hard drive, and I knew the PSU had never been fixed. I'm not really very technical when it comes to hardware. So now it won't boot past the C4.56 stage (even when I disconnect the HD).

For the last few years I kind of forgot about the Toppy and just used Freesat (lured by all the channels). But now I've just moved and don't think I want to bother with a satellite dish because Freeview seems great now, with all the channels I could need.

So I just want to get my Toppy working but as I said I'm not very good with hardware and to be honest I wouldn't want to get involved with PSU repair etc. I would like to pay someone to fix it for me.

I remember hearing about members such as andyfras and MikeyP who have offered to do this kind of thing before. Perhaps someone could get in touch?

Specifically I am looking for the following:
? Get the unit working
? Fix the PSU (as necessary)
? Install a new HD (I can send it, or pay you for one if you prefer)
? Possibly some way to make it easy to transfer files to PC? I always used to struggle with this in the past and when I used the Toppy software it often crashed when I was transferring files.

Thanks for any replies :)
Bizman
Frequent contributor

Post by Bizman »

Andy is a regular poster on here, why not send him a PM
TF5810, F/W: 5.15.09T 4/9/2009 -FmTe+EzHsVb
TAPs: EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; SecCache (UK) v0.4; MHEG On/Off A3; MPDisplayLITE V1.2; MyInfo B5.6; PruneEPG 1.0; EPG2MEI v0.96; QuickJump 1.72; Extend v1.7; (fsSave 1.1);
Sig generated by MyInfo on 3/8/17

Other TAPs : FsCheck, Channel Organiser. PSU Caps 7/2/2011 Tx: Mendip. TV: Samsung (32"), NSLU2, STB: Labgear FV300. PC Acer Aspire One with Win7 Starter
Grand Dizzy
Frequent contributor

Post by Grand Dizzy »

Thanks very much. That's great and I think Andy can help me. :)