For discussion of firmware updates, enhancement requests, and other upgrades to your Toppy, but not TAPs or computer-related

Moderators: Technical, Oz mods

leboof
Regular contributor

5810 firmware was changed with a latest one, stuck

Post by leboof »

Switched on my toppy tonight and i get this message on the screen!
firmware was changed with a latest one
Got two options... No yes. To reset. No response if select left or right or okay.
Stuck in this loop. Switched off for a while and tried 0 for loading no taps.

I haven't touched the machine for months so not sure what's gone on here. My first thought was an over the air firmware upgrade.
Any help would be very much appreciated especially keeping all my recordings,
Thank you in advance for any replies.
Geoff Bacon
Frequent contributor

Post by Geoff Bacon »

There haven't been any OTA updates for years (and there never will be in the future).

Lots of people have had this problem in the past so try googling for toppy "firmware was changed with a latest one"

The first post < New users start here ~ ?Firmware was changed.." problem should give you some hints and or point you at what other people have performed (I can't remember if I have experienced this)

Please specify what operating system you are using e.g. Windows XP, Vista, Win7, Win8, mac etc)

Geoff
TopManager program
TF5800, TS On, F/W: MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009 -Sy+EvEzPePfUUuZ
TAPs: PcControl B1.4; StopExit v1.01; MHEG On/Off A3; QuickJump 1.72; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EPG2MEI v0.96; Font Manager 1.0d; Extend v1.7; WSSkiller V2.12d; MyInfo B5.6; fsSave 1.1; PruneEPG 1.0; MyStuff 6.6-1;
Sig generated by EMJB's MyInfo.tap on 3/5/21
andyfras
Frequent contributor

Post by andyfras »

If the PSU capacitorshave not yet been replaced, they're overdue.
Toppy PSU repair service or capacitor kits for DIY available - PM me for details.
MyStuff 6.6 : Little Clock : MHEGOnOff : Extend : EPG2MEI : SecCache : EIT_Sub : TSSaver : Prune EPG
Channel Organiser : Tap Commander : HDD Info : PCControl : Signal Monitor : MyInfo
URC-7555 remote: TF5800 320GB 2.5", Recommended_5800.tfd + CfPePsScUUuWfZ
leboof
Regular contributor

Solved

Post by leboof »

Hi guys, solved.

Thanks for the replies. Yeah psu, capacitors done a while back.

Got up this morning and tried booting up with the OK button pressed on the Toppy and this worked (up to now).

Tried on off a couple of times and no dodgy messages.

Cheers.
Geoff Bacon
Frequent contributor

Post by Geoff Bacon »

How many capacitors were "done a while back"?

andyfras now recommends changing them all (the previous recommendation on this site was to change 6).

If you haven't had them all replaced then switch it off now and get a kit from andy (if you want to do it yourself) or else get him or mikeyp to do it for you.

Once you are sure the capacitors are ok, I suggest you post your MyInfo log file and create a forum signature (use the TopManager "Display| MyInfo Log" and "Tools|Update Forum Profile" respectively). A "Snapshot| Take" would also be a good idea. TM can do lots of other things that you should find useful - follow the link in my signature.

Geoff
TopManager program
TF5800, TS On, F/W: MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009 -Sy+EvEzPePfUUuZ
TAPs: PcControl B1.4; StopExit v1.01; MHEG On/Off A3; QuickJump 1.72; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EPG2MEI v0.96; Font Manager 1.0d; Extend v1.7; WSSkiller V2.12d; MyInfo B5.6; fsSave 1.1; PruneEPG 1.0; MyStuff 6.6-1;
Sig generated by EMJB's MyInfo.tap on 3/5/21