For discussion of firmware updates, enhancement requests, and other upgrades to your Toppy, but not TAPs or computer-related

Moderators: Technical, Oz mods

airline1
Frequent contributor

Standby light on replacement model

Post by airline1 »

As I use this model in the bedroom I have gotten fed up of the 'lighthouse' standby light. Sooo.... I have managed to cleanly remove the bulb.

Before I plug the thing back in can someone with a bit more elec nouse than me confirm that I have not done something which will cause the thing to explode and catch fire :)

Cheers
Dave
alan_m
Frequent contributor

Re: Standby light on replacement model

Post by alan_m »

airline1 wrote:As I use this model in the bedroom I have gotten fed up of the 'lighthouse' standby light.
It'll be OK

I toned down the two blue non-eye safe lights on the front of the box by "painting" both LEDs with a RED permanent ink pen - the type used for writting on a CD/DVD etc. :) :)
Ex Toppy 5800 user - now migrated to Xtrend ET10000 Enigma 2 box with 2 terrestrial and 2 satellite tuners. Second box Zgemma H9S (Enigma 2, satellite)
gomezz
Frequent contributor

Post by gomezz »

I used some blue transparent plastic cut from a slip folder to tone down the bright red standby light on my Humax Foxsat. Newton's work on the optical spectrum has not gone unnoticed here either. :)
TF5800, F/W: MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009 -Sy+BmC0CbCfCtDEgEmEvEzIMPePsVdZ
TAPs: Power Down 0.75; QuickJump 1.72; MyStuff 6.6; TAP Commander 1.34; MyInfo B5.4; EPG2MEI v0.96;
Extend v1.7; EIT Sub v0.6; mei2archive BETA 3.8l6; Font Manager 1.0d; (Power Restore V0.7.3b)
airline1
Frequent contributor

Post by airline1 »

Cheers guys.