For discussions about development of TAPs, patches and other software for the Toppy

Moderator: Technical

microkid
Regular contributor

Building Taps in Desktop IDE

Post by microkid »

Just wondering as I mainly write iOS apps these days is it possible to build TAPS in xCode using Objective C at all?

Also wondering is it possible to modify Visual Studio (I have 2013 Ultimate) to build taps in there using either C++ or C#?
EMJB
Frequent contributor

Re: Building Taps in Desktop IDE

Post by EMJB »

microkid wrote:Just wondering as I mainly write iOS apps these days is it possible to build TAPS in xCode using Objective C at all?

Also wondering is it possible to modify Visual Studio (I have 2013 Ultimate) to build taps in there using either C++ or C#?
The answer as to whether these are "possible" might be "yes", but I can't help thinking they will take far more work than can be justified unless you are going to take on a very major TAP exercise. Your first problem will be getting the necessary cross-compilation to work

EMJB
Silver 5800, Board Rev 1.2, MS recomm F/W, Sudbury Tx, varying TAP config
rwg
TAP author

Post by rwg »

Once upon a time, long long ago, I wrote a Windows based TAP emulator called 'Tapulator'. This lets you develop your TAP code by writing it, building it and debugging it in Visual Studio. Basically you compile the same c/c++ code that your Makefile would compile into the TAP inside a visual studio project to make a static lib, link it into a dll and the tapulator.exe loads and runs it for you.

There are some details on this page, but all the links from that page seem dead (Berlios closed down, etc).

I do still have the source code somewhere, so could pop it onto Github or similar if you are interested.

cheers,

Robin
Toppy: TF5800PVR; Firmware: 5.13.65 + patches + aXel; Remote: Pronto RU940; Autostart TAPs: MyStuff 6.5 and friends