For discussions about development of TAPs, patches and other software for the Toppy

Moderator: Technical

R2-D2
Frequent contributor

Post by R2-D2 »

Bizman wrote:Several posts here mention that Volume Boost [Vb] stops working after a factory reset, but I have been unable to find how to restore its functionality. Do I have to reinstall the tap?
The Toppy will return to 70% volume after a Factory Reset, so the boost won't be as loud. Either turn up the Toppy volume again or install [Vd] as well to prevent adjustments to the Toppy volume (except mute).
Bizman
Frequent contributor

Post by Bizman »

Toppy volume was put back to maximum which is how it was set previously. I will try the Vd tap as suggested.
TF5810, F/W: 5.15.09T 4/9/2009 -FmTe+EzHsVb
TAPs: EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; SecCache (UK) v0.4; MHEG On/Off A3; MPDisplayLITE V1.2; MyInfo B5.6; PruneEPG 1.0; EPG2MEI v0.96; QuickJump 1.72; Extend v1.7; (fsSave 1.1);
Sig generated by MyInfo on 3/8/17

Other TAPs : FsCheck, Channel Organiser. PSU Caps 7/2/2011 Tx: Mendip. TV: Samsung (32"), NSLU2, STB: Labgear FV300. PC Acer Aspire One with Win7 Starter
scoobydooby
Frequent contributor

Post by scoobydooby »

Not been around here for quite some time (years), sorry to come wading back in with a slight problem after being a non-contributor for such a long time, basically the Toppy very rarely plays up & doesn't need the support it used to.

The slight problem I have is that the volume keeps reducing down over time, I noticed that my old sig showed that I used to run the Vd (& Z) patch, so I want to reapply this.

I've downloaded both patches & reapplied them however only the Z patch appears to have been applied, that's according to Topmanager, also the volume control can be altered still so I guess that confirms it.

It's entirely possible I'm not applying it right as it's been a long time since I've patched up the stock f/w that comes bundled with MS downloads

Basically I've added both Vd & Z patches to both the Installer Folder 'Add' & also to the '458' folder & then ran FWload tap, what am I doing wrong please?

Edit, found the log file & I'm doing it right, however I'm seeing the below in the log

Displaying: '[Vd] VolumeDisable_03' : 'Being Added'
Displaying: '[Vd] VolumeDisable_03' : 'Not tested with this firmware'

(PS, Ignore my sig, I'll update it when the above is all sorted :wink: )
TF5800t, TS On, F/W: MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009 +Vd+Z
TAPs: EPG2MEI v0.96; MyStuff 6.6; Font Manager 1.0d; Extend v1.7; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; MHEG On/Off A3; MyInfo B5.6;
Sig generated by MyInfo on 20/3/15
TopTapper
Frequent contributor

Post by TopTapper »

Hi
scoobydooby wrote:[Vd] VolumeDisable_03' : 'Not tested with this firmware
Afaik, FwLoad can't handle the Vb patch - no idea why but it's a lot smaller than usual. The HDFW tap does the job and can be used to create a base firmware that FwLoad can work with.

(Sorry sig tap list is well out-of-date at time of writing but the firmware is accurate)
TF5800 Ts: On Fw: MS6 Rec 12/09/09 -Sy+B2CfCtDDsEvEzFsHsIMPePfPsScUUuUxVbWfWs
TAPs: SecCache (UK) v0.4; MHEG On/Off A3; Goldfish 0.5; Font Manager 1.0d; MyStuff 6.5; Extend v1.7; EPG2MEI v0.96; MyInfo B5.6; (EIT Sub v0.6 SnG)
Sig via MyInfo 09/07/13
scoobydooby
Frequent contributor

Post by scoobydooby »

TopTapper wrote:Hi
scoobydooby wrote:[Vd] VolumeDisable_03' : 'Not tested with this firmware
Afaik, FwLoad can't handle the Vb patch - no idea why but it's a lot smaller than usual. The HDFW tap does the job and can be used to create a base firmware that FwLoad can work with.

(Sorry sig tap list is well out-of-date at time of writing but the firmware is accurate)
Thanks for the quick reply, I was just about to post back to ay that I'd sorted it (in a round about fashion), basically I copied off the recommended firmware from the Toppy, ran it through the FWPatcher.exe, applied the Vd patch there & then copied the firmware back to the Toppy, all seems to work ok, hopefully no more resetting of the volume to a low level.

I'm not sure how the volume gets reset to a low level unless it's a bug as we use a one-for-all with volume punchthough to an AV amp, the standard toppy remote is tucked away & seldom used.
TAPs: EPG2MEI v0.96; MyStuff 6.6; Font Manager 1.0d; Extend v1.7; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; MHEG On/Off A3; MyInfo B5.6;
TopTapper
Frequent contributor

Post by TopTapper »

scoobydooby wrote:I'm not sure how the volume gets reset to a low level
Children, pets, dust, ageing ...
unless it's a bug
Oh.

Glad you're sorted -- for now ;)
scoobydooby
Frequent contributor

Post by scoobydooby »

Just looking through my updated sig, is there anything there in terms of TAP's or patches that I really should update or add for bugfixes or functionality?

(I said I'd not been around in a while :roll: )
TopTapper
Frequent contributor

Post by TopTapper »

Sorry, I've only just realised - I completely misread your question -- you wanted Vd and I was talking about Vb.

The MyStuff recommended works well for many, beyond that it's a question of what you're after, perceived risk, etc. http://www.toppy.org.uk/~r2-d2/patches.html is the place to go.
juwlz
MyStuff Team

Post by juwlz »

scoobydooby wrote:Just looking through my updated sig, is there anything there in terms of TAP's or patches that I really should update or add for bugfixes or functionality?

Looks fine to me.

Julie
5800, TS On, F/W: MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009 -Sy+BmC0CfCtFsIMPePsR3UUuUxZ
5810, TS On, F/W: F/W: MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009 +BmCfCtFsR3Z
MyStuff info; Help!; Reference
Harmony 885 remote. Sig date 8 April 2012