Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  TAP and patch development  ~  PBSiS

Page 1 of 4
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
R2-D2
Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:18 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Dec 2006 Posts: 12148
PBSiS is a new patch. Smile I was worried that there might be problems with (I think) playback stopping during a dual recording, but nobody's reported any problems using FireBird's TAP version (WWWW) of these patches (well, the main 3 patches, anyway). So here's the complete suite (StopTS(), StopMp3() and one in the Menu handler(???)): PBSiS.

What's PBSiS? It's "Playback Stopped" is Stopped.
glenmcfar
Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:21 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Dec 2006 Posts: 4519 Location: Dundonald, Ayrshire, Scotland
PBSis is now officially the best name for a TAP/patch, after stealing the crown from wwww.

Glen.

Tai Chi Steve
Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:22 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 29 Nov 2006 Posts: 204 Location: Sutton Coldfield Transmitter
Hi R2-D2,

I guess you'll be aware of this by now, but just in case, I've found what I believe is an incompatibility between PBSiS and MyStuff 5.5. I've posted some information at

http://forum.toppy.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=127472#127472

Hope this helps.

Steve.
R2-D2
Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:36 pm Reply with quote
Tai Chi Steve wrote:
I guess you'll be aware of this by now, but just in case, I've found what I believe is an incompatibility between PBSiS and MyStuff 5.5.
I've been running both together for a good while now, but I've not noticed it myself. Have you found it to be reproducible? (Patch applied it exhibits the problem, patch removed it doesn't?) And if it's just a problem in combination with MyStuff 5.5 then it might be related to similar OSD lockouts.
Tai Chi Steve
Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:51 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 29 Nov 2006 Posts: 204 Location: Sutton Coldfield Transmitter
Yes, it's very reproducible, without fail in fact, if that's not a contradiction of terms Smile . In my last post in that thread I've detailed my procedure. It's interesting that you're not experiencing it, as I'm not the only person to report it. It hadn't occurred before I upgraded to MS 5.5, and I've been using PBSiS since you posted it. I'm not pointing the finger at anyone, just relieved to have found the source of my problem and thought I might save someone else a few grey hairs Smile If there's anything I can do to help, let me know.

Steve.
birdman
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:52 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 13 Dec 2006 Posts: 1765 Location: Hitchin, HERTS Tx: Sandy Heath
I (don't think) I have the PBSiS patch in use. In fact, since it was first mentioned on 23 Sep I'm sure I don't, as I haven't updated my firmware in a while.

However, I think I see a change with MyStuff5.5 when a second recording starts and it "needs" to change channel, even though you are watching a recording. With 5.21a it just kept going (I don't recall it ever doing anything else). With 5.5 you see the Toppy warning and confirmation box, plus the playback stops. (Since this has happened twice in the week since the upgrade I'm sure it's a change - I don't recall it happening in the previous 10 months).

So perhaps this change is interacting with PBSiS in some way?

Toppy: TF5800PVR/250 - Black, now 1TB WD10EURX
F/W: MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009 -FmVrXp+BmC0CbFsIPsUUuWfZXl,
Loader: C5.14, Hardware: 1.01
TAPs: SecCache (UK) v0.4; EPG2MEI v0.96; FontManager 1.0d; QuickJump 1.71; MhegOnOff(Now1) A3; EIT Sub v0.6; MyStuff 6.6
USB connected: SheevaPlug with Debian wheezy
Sig mostly from MyInfo on 26/10/09
Tai Chi Steve
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:25 pm Reply with quote
I did get the playback interrupted and a CYR message with 5.21 quite a bit, hence why I use mcgCYRResume 1.0. There are others far more knowledgeable on the forums about this than me and threads on this issue. From my experience, it depended what muxes were being watched or recorded. It's even possible to get it when only one recording is being made and that is being chase played.

Steve.

Other:ad_skipper_43_0.03a ChannelManager5.1 FavouritesManager2.0d HDDInfo2.1 RecordingFixer1.3 SignalMonitor0.51 SimpleCharEditor3.09 TAPCommander1.31 UKOZSurfer0.14
NSLU2 Unslung6.10 rt2mei0.63 RecShellExt
R2-D2
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:30 pm Reply with quote
Tai Chi Steve wrote:
I did get the playback interrupted and a CYR message with 5.21 quite a bit, hence why I use mcgCYRResume 1.0.
You're running mcgCYRResume? Ah. I may have to look at that and see how it does what it does. Have you tried turning that off and seeing whether you can use PBSiS? Just a thought, and it might help diagnose the real problem.
R2-D2
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:36 pm Reply with quote
Reading a few threads about mcgCYRResume and they are littered with reports of lockups. Do you notice a "ying-yang" symbol very briefly at the point of failure? I think some members of the MyStuff team (such as ChunkyWizard) have more experience of this TAP and its interactions with UK firmwares.
Tai Chi Steve
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:48 pm Reply with quote
I've done some more investigation into this and posted at
http://forum.toppy.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=127708#127708
what I believe is the problem on my system. I have had problems with mcgCYRResume at times, and not at others, with various TAPS and patches going on, it can be hard to apportion blame. In this case it was happening when it wasn't running. Now I've got this problem sorted, I can carry on with it and see how I get on, as I'd been trying various combinations of things trying to prevent the issue and having to disconnect the toppy.

Steve.

Other:ad_skipper_43_0.03a ChannelManager5.1 FavouritesManager2.0d HDDInfo2.1 RecordingFixer1.3 SignalMonitor0.51 SimpleCharEditor3.09 TAPCommander1.31 UKOZSurfer0.14
chunkywizard
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:22 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9319 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
I think everyone in the MyStuff team stopped using mcgCYRResume, it was too hit and miss. The ying-yang is displayed when the TAP is doing it's stuff. Occasionally you would get lock up or is would take 1-2 minutes to work. Now MS changes the viewed channel just before the second of 2 recordings is starting you get CYR less often. Also as you have a single press resume it is less of an issue.

I would be interested if you have seen any problems, because if not then it was a useful addition and maybe worth another try. I wonder if it has been updated recently....

CW

Tai Chi Steve
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:44 pm Reply with quote
Now I've eliminated the twin record/playback issue, I've got all my toppy setup back to how it was, so I'll see how I get on with mcgCYRResume. I wasn't sure at first with it being nearly two years old now, but a lot of people seemed to have it in their signature. I have found it really handy. The one feature I do like that MS doesn't have is the resume rewind. Whenever I start playing a file, I don't get the sound instantly, so being able to resume from a point previous to the stop point is useful as it saves a back skip. It's also very handy for those of us with the memory of a forgetful sparrow Smile It's like having a butler there to press the buttons for you when the toppy interrupts your viewing Smile

That's a handy little feature of MS, changing channel for a second recording. MS certainly has got cleverer in its latest incarnation, and I'm finding it's the little things that quite some thought has gone into, as much as the headline features, that have really improved it.

Steve.

BobD
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:54 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 03 Aug 2005 Posts: 4218
Tai Chi Steve wrote:
Whenever I start playing a file, I don't get the sound instantly, so being able to resume from a point previous to the stop point is useful as it saves a back skip. It's also very handy for those of us with the memory of a forgetful sparrow Smile It's like having a butler there to press the buttons for you when the toppy interrupts your viewing Smile
MS already resumes playback a little before the point at which you stopped it. We could always increase that backtracking (a little).

MyStuff skins, manual and latest version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk
Known bugs & forthcoming fixes: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/Bugs.shtml
Changes coming in the next version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/NextVersion.shtml
Tai Chi Steve
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:09 pm Reply with quote
Would it be possible to add the rewind amount as an option, as mcgCYRResume does? That way the people that it would annoy can set it to zero, and others can set it however they want?

chunkywizard
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:24 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9319 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
no more options! The rewind amount is perfect on my Toppy.

CW