Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  Firmwares, enhancements and upgrades  ~  Firmware Patches

Page 3 of 23
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
MarkG
Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:13 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 673 Location: UK
Hello,

Thought it was time that I patched up the firmware with PHT. I have downloaded the patched firmware from the members' download area so we are ready to go, but I'm not sure what to do next!

My guess is that I use one of the Topfield applications to apply the firmware (to a toppy in TAPless mode). I presume I have to connect via a direct USB connection and not via my Asus - is this correct?

I also presume that all settings, timers etc will be untouched or is this similar to a Factory Reset? Are there any issues with viewing cards (I have just installed Setanta)?

Thanks,

MG

chunkywizard
Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:26 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9319 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
Hi Mark,

you need Firebird's firmware Patcher to apply the patches and then there are a number of ways of getting it on the Toppy. You can use ftp it using Topfield FTPD and something like Filezilla (just drop it on the firmware folder) or my preferred method is using R2's HDFW tap which can automatically axelise it as well. Email me if you need any more help,

HTH

CW

glenmcfar
Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:29 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Dec 2006 Posts: 4519 Location: Dundonald, Ayrshire, Scotland
R2 - I'm using the smaller 2k startup patch. Wasn't this advised rather than the larger 90k patch which you have linked to? I can't remember why but I'm sure we discussed it a while back.

Glen.

R2-D2
Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:57 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Dec 2006 Posts: 12148
glenmcfar wrote:
R2 - I'm using the smaller 2k startup patch. Wasn't this advised rather than the larger 90k patch which you have linked to? I can't remember why but I'm sure we discussed it a while back.
DeadBeef clarified the issue: the smaller patch was a one-off to check for a reported problem on the TF5800. But this problem was actually traced to a FWPatcher problem (old version), so his original patch was fine. DeadBeef recommends the original patch so that's why it's one that's linked to, but I've been running the one-off for ages with no problems, so it's up to you, I guess. I think the difference is an additional NOP.
Bauke
Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:03 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 26 Sep 2005 Posts: 142 Location: Netherlands
I tried to patch my FW with the TAPdiskFix patch using patch_loader_v0.02 but I'm getting the following error.
Code:
failed to match generic patch, TAPdiskFix.tfp

Any change of making the TAPdiskFix patch compatible with the latest TF5X000PVR http://www.topfield.co.kr/include/download.asp?dn_dir=1&fname=TF5000PVR%2D406%2D2007Aug08%2Etfd FW.

Thanks,
Bauke

R2-D2
Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:21 am Reply with quote
Bauke wrote:
I tried to patch my FW with the TAPdiskFix patch using patch_loader_v0.02 but I'm getting the following error.
Try FWPatcher -- the generic patch works for me. If that works then it's patch_loader that's having a problem.

(I'm not sure why a specific patch for your particular firmware wasn't added by TFPCompiler to the file because it's in my list of TFDs, but I have seen it behave a little strangely before, missing out odd files or barfing on loading them.)
bdb
Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:17 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Oct 2005 Posts: 499
Obviously I can't test the tap against your firmware but it looks like it should work.

Using TFPCompiler I've created a tfp file containing your firmware. Try this.

-note; I've also updated patch_loader_v0.03.zip (added path to .tfp file to ini file).

bdb
R2-D2
Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:33 pm Reply with quote
When I re-ran TFPCompiler it picked up the missing firmwares (and an old TF5800 one) and added them in. Confused So I trimmed it back and tried again with a new run from scratch and it got them all. Anyway, I've updated the .tfp file. It'd be nice to know why the generic patch doesn't work, though.
Bauke
Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:53 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 26 Sep 2005 Posts: 142 Location: Netherlands
Thanks, with the updated patch its working again. For your information the previous version was working with FWPatcher.

@bdb is it possible to run patch_loader in non-tsr mode, so that patch_loader closes itself after applying the patches listed in the ini.

That way it frees up the Recall key (I don't have tsrcommander running)

Bauke

andyq
Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:58 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 30 Jul 2005 Posts: 85 Location: Huddersfield
I originally posted this in the developers area which in hindsight was not correct place so here it is again:-

I tried patching the 5.13.59 firmware with the usb accelerator patch(v1_0). When I tried to transfer a file from the toppy to test that the patch was working the progress bar froze at 1%. I did have the turbo on, could this be the problem? I have reverted to 5.14.40p which works ok with the turbo on, a 1hr program took around 10mins. Any explanations please before I have a go at patching 5.13.65?

R2-D2
Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:31 pm Reply with quote
andyq wrote:
I tried patching the 5.13.59 firmware with the usb accelerator patch(v1_0). When I tried to transfer a file from the toppy to test that the patch was working the progress bar froze at 1%. I did have the turbo on, could this be the problem?
No, I don't think that's the problem. More likely is that you've somehow hit the problem that's fixed by the TAPDiskFix patch. Or the other random USB vagaries. (And if you can make it happen reliably under the same circumstances then that would be very interesting information.)

The USB Accelerator merely disables the call to calculate a CRC on the sent data, so a 0 zero is sent instead. This will cause a problem with tools communicating with the Toppy unless they know about this. This means that you need to use the patched .dll file in the .zip to make Altair work properly, or you need the latest version of ftpd-topfield.
glenmcfar
Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:51 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Dec 2006 Posts: 4519 Location: Dundonald, Ayrshire, Scotland
As per the latest news item on Toppy.org.uk

nwhitfield wrote:
...part of Topfield?s programming team will be arriving in the UK...

Hey Nigel, find out where they are and send some of the boys (R2-D2, simonc, bdb, etc) round to sort them out...

Glen.

Frank_Keane
Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:03 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 16 May 2005 Posts: 243 Location: South London
I have uploaded firmware 5.13.65 ready patched with the Timer Patch T2b and Power Restore Patch to my site.

You can download it from:

http://www.btinternet.com/~frankkeane/temp/5.13.65_Patched.tfd

Since using this patched firmware I have had no freezes or missed timers.

I have Interactive services and Timeslip enabled.

I hope that this is of help to someone.

Taps (Manual):
Tap Commander v1.1: Recording Fixer v1.3: Test Patterns v1.0: Minimax Chess: Poker v1.1: Snake v1.3: Sudoku v1.3
R2-D2
Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:25 pm Reply with quote
Updated the first post to reflect FireBird's recent Patch ID innovation and basically removed all the individual patch links so that people pick up the new PatchPackV2.
eye of ra
Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:31 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 28 Dec 2005 Posts: 1018
Finally got round to trying HDFW and the new patches and may I say thanks to everyone involved for making this so simple and straightforward now.

I think a typo may have crept into the sticky, should USB Read Callback [Cb] not be [Uc].

I?m also having problems with [Uu] and flash, as reported elsewhere which I am investigating (seems to be Tap related in my case, but ran out of time last night) and will post back.

AccurateBM 0.4 | EITDupFix.
TapLauncher: MeiSearch 1.37 | Media Manager 1.5 | Tap Commander 1.32 | HDFW 2.3a.
Updated:15-05-08