Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  Bugs  ~  Setanta continuously reboots TF5800

Page 1 of 1
cuzman
Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:02 pm Reply with quote
I have an issue with Setanta Sports. I can be watching it for maybe an hour, or maybe as little as a minute, and then my TF5800 will begin to stutter, with the frame rate down to about 5fps. I can't change channel or do anything. It will then turn itself off, reboot and the box comes up to say that it is verifying files and folders. This does not go away, and then the cycle repeats itself, rebooting and verifying files and folders each time. The only way to stop this is to turn it off at the plug for some time. It only does this on Setanta Sports. How do I stop this?
R2-D2
Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:10 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Dec 2006 Posts: 12148
cuzman wrote:
How do I stop this?
Ooh! Easy one... don't watch Setanta Sports. (Glen may be along soon with a more helpful tip.)

Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:39 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Dec 2006 Posts: 4519 Location: Dundonald, Ayrshire, Scotland
Well, I've never experienced such problems but I can provide food for thought:

(Almost) vanilla 13.xx firmwares and heavily patched 13.xx firmwares behave much the same. I've NEVER tried the silly man's 14.xx.

Setanta is broadcast on a Multiplex that is considered to be more sensitive than the others. Do you have problems with reception on Five? Reception problems can bring the Toppy to its knees...

If it's only Setanta then it suggests a hardware issue that is unique to Setanta - try cleaning your card and CAM and making sure they are properly inserted.

Perhaps you're a Celtic fan - that would make for VERY poor viewing in recent weeks Laughing

Perhaps you could use the MyInfo TAP to provide some... info ...on your setup and we might be able to spot something obvious. (My God, I sound like Juwlz - don't forget to put it in your sig Wink )

Glen.

cuzman
Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:58 pm Reply with quote
Well I also have another problem. I can not get Altair to work now. I have firmware 5.13.56 installed as well as MyStuff, maybe some other stuff too, but I can't check this as Altair doesn't work. The left-hand pane is greyed out. I seem to remember having problems with this before, but it's been a year or so since I've done anything with this. I have reinstalled TopfieldTools.exe and dumped the Vista driver files into the directory again, but still no luck. Any advice?
DefineByte
Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:10 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Jun 2007 Posts: 221 Location: UK
Does your firmware have the USB Accelerator patch installed? You may need the modified .dll for Altair. You can find it in R2's patch pack (Performance\TAPs\usb_accelerator\).

TF5800 250GB 5.13.65+patches AutoStart: Power Restore 0.7.6, EIT Sub 0.6 SnG, SecCache (UK) 0.4, Extend 1.7, Info Viewer 1.9 DE, QuickJump 1.72, UK Auto Scheduler 0.73.1, EPGnavigator 6.1b (simonc/biggsd), Filer 2.21, TF5000Display 1.53a Other TAPs: Channel Manager 5.1, CutAds 1.3, FastScanGUI 0.6a, HDDInfo 2.3a, HDFW 2.4, JoinAds 1.3, Signal Monitor 0.53, SimpleCharEditor 3.09, Sudoku 1.5, TAP Commander 1.34, Testpatterns 1.2