Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  Bugs  ~  "Check Your Reservation" -- request for help

Page 24 of 25
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 23, 24, 25  Next
tichtich
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:39 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 08 May 2005 Posts: 1389 Location: Eastbourne, UK
R2-D2 wrote:
Sounds like two customers for a patch to show no channel at all when playback stops. (And maybe startup with no channel, too.)

That would be great. I've been waiting two years for one of those. Wink (And yes please, no channel on startup either.)

Andy K wrote:
That would be very useful, as using channel 100 is a pain when I goto use the EPG, as 100 is far away from the mainstream channels.

Fortunately for me, I can set Jag's EPG to not show the data channels, which means it starts at channel 1 instead. In fact, the main reason I've never started using the OneList TAP is because it would force me to show the data channels, so that wouldn't work.

I use the Startup Channel feature in the MHEG Control and Power Down TAPs to force my Toppy to start on 100. And I've got my favourites set to 100, 105, 108, 300 and 303, so when my Toppy switches to another channel (for dual recording on two other muxes), I can always get back to a data channel with a single press of P+.

Firmware: 5.13.65 (patched). Auto Start TAPs: TapCommander 1.0.2, Power Down 0.6, DescriptionExtender 2.2, mei2archive 3.8I3, Automove 1.8, QuickJump 1.54, Improbox 2.1RC8, Jag's EPG 3.0b3 (TV & radio), Media Manager 1.5, MHEG Control A2g, Extend 1.7. PC apps: DGtoTop 1.1. Profile last updated 13/05/2009
R2-D2
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:11 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Dec 2006 Posts: 12148
Blank channels.
chunkywizard
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:25 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9319 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
The Governor wrote:
Guy, sorry to be a total noob but it's a long thread and I'm trying to find the link to the latest version of the patch?

I think i've seen two links so far, but there are a lot of pages, could someone direct me Embarassed

Download the patch pack. The link is maintained in the Firmware Patches Sticky at the top of the Firmware section,

HTH

CW

The Governor
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:44 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 30 Jan 2008 Posts: 165
chunkywizard wrote:
The Governor wrote:
Guy, sorry to be a total noob but it's a long thread and I'm trying to find the link to the latest version of the patch?

I think i've seen two links so far, but there are a lot of pages, could someone direct me Embarassed

Download the patch pack. The link is maintained in the Firmware Patches Sticky at the top of the Firmware section,

HTH

CW

Ah, thank you, done it Smile
Andy K
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:50 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 14 Jun 2005 Posts: 3520
Blimy tichtich. You have gone to some lengths to get a blank channels Cool

How do I set Jags, not to show data channels ?

Autostart TAPs: Jags 3, Bookmark 2uk, Quickjump 1.71, Power Manager 1.1, Description Extender 1.5/2.1, MEI2Archive 3.8l6, Tap Launcher 3.5a, Tap Commander, AccurateBMExtend 0.3, RemoteExt 1.5, TunerRecAR.2
Launched during EPG scan: Crid, SeriesLink 0.35
TF5800 Version 5.13.65 PHT2UFXp5Xw3RpPcE2Bf2BqRsRh3Pf1Ec2ErEfHe1 Ra3Cf2Ct
Samsung 400Gb+Fan
jumbo
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:02 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 11 Apr 2005 Posts: 4731
Andy K wrote:
How do I set Jags, not to show data channels ?
There are two options to set: An option (if I recall correctly) for "number of scanned/buffered channels" which should be set to the number of channels you want Jag to display and an option to actually tell it to "show only those channels scanned/buffered".
R2-D2
Posted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:49 pm Reply with quote
In the recent spate of new firmwares (from the "enthusiasitic" new engineer(s)) they've played around with the playback routine, to check whether the Toppy is timeshifting or chase-playing. Not sure what they hoped to gain from this, but it creates routes through the code that bypass the old, rather conservative [Xp] patch. The new [Xp] PlayNoCYR_05 is a bigger sledgehammer and ought to cope with these changes.

Posted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:53 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 14 Jun 2005 Posts: 3520
is this for 5.14.xx f/w or for non UK firmare ?
R2-D2
Posted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:57 am Reply with quote
Andy K wrote:
is this for 5.14.xx f/w or for non UK firmare ?
It should work on all of them.

Posted: Sat May 17, 2008 8:41 pm Reply with quote
One for TF5810 users: [C0] V2. This update just adds TF5810 compatibility, but this patch has probably gained new importance for TF5810 owners (and 5.14.X users) since it eliminates the delay in the CYR/ARIS prompt before the channel is changed, so with Accurate Recording you might otherwise miss the first bit of a recording.

Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:07 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Nov 2005 Posts: 1735 Location: Bordon, Hants UK
Hi,
I think this is the right thread for this Confused
I have Xp Play No CYR and also Xw Watch No CYR and normally if I am watching a recording in chase play it will resume playback at the same point when the recording ends & the playback is interrupted. However last week & again this week I we were watching "Banged Up" on Fiver and when it stopped the resume did not kick in. This particular program is the last transmission of the day so the TV is left showing the red banner "service not running or scrambled" (I have interactive services switched off).

My wife would like an answer to her question "What is your Toppy doing now?" so naturally I thought I better stay up late & get into a bit of a flap about it. I have told her it will be fixed shortly Smile

/\/\
R2-D2
Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:40 am Reply with quote
mike.hinson wrote:
when it stopped the resume did not kick in.
Two questions: did it place a bookmark at the interruption point? and what happens in that scenario without the patches? I expect this is, as you suggest, connected to the channel being off-air, but it's still seems odd.

Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:26 am Reply with quote
R2-D2 wrote:
Two questions: did it place a bookmark at the interruption point? and what happens in that scenario without the patches? I expect this is, as you suggest, connected to the channel being off-air, but it's still seems odd.
It did set the bookmark.
It is quite an unusual case to test so I don't know what happens without the patches.

I am wondering if I can simulate the conditions for testing by unplugging the aerial.

When I subsequently enabled MHEG the channel shows a message about when the broadcast returns.

Apart from the patches mentioned above are there any other patches I should take care to add & remove during any tests please?

Thanks,
/\/\
R2-D2
Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:37 am Reply with quote
mike.hinson wrote:
It did set the bookmark.
Good. So it's just the resume that failed (or wasn't attempted).
Quote:
Apart from the patches mentioned above are there any other patches I should take care to add & remove during any tests please?
Remove them all -- I imagine this is native behaviour because the patches don't go anywhere near this area, AFAIK.

Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:11 am Reply with quote
R2-D2 wrote:
Remove them all -- I imagine this is native behaviour because the patches don't go anywhere near this area, AFAIK.
I had forgotton that this was native behaviour. If I get the failure with no patches I will start a new thread.

Thanks,
/\/\