Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  TAPs  ~  [b]Incorrect time on EPG[/b]

Page 1 of 1
CD3660
Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:18 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 09 Apr 2005 Posts: 344 Location: Cheshire, UK
In the last week or so I have noticed on occasions a slightly incorrect time read out on the EPG (both the original and the Jags version).

For example it might show the start and end times of programmes two minutes earlier than they actually are.

Does anyone know why this happens, and how it is corrected?
nwhitfield
Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:00 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 20 Mar 2005 Posts: 9579
Have you turned off auto time?

You will typically see this behaviour if you have turned off auto-time and the built in clock has drifted slightly.

The Toppy still looks at the broadcast timestamp, and uses the difference between that and what it thinks is the local time to display everything in the EPG. So, if your clock is running three minutes fast, then the EPG will show a programme that starts at 7pm as starting at 7.03, since that's the time you'd need to watch it to see the whole thing, according to the clock on your box.

Nigel.

Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:23 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 16 May 2005 Posts: 180
Also to watch out for: Sometimes there are ?genuine? errors in the EPG, for example ?Peacemakers? (as I recall) the other week was shown in the EPG as being from ?20:30? to ?21:30?, where as it was actually broadcast between ?21:00? and ?22:00?- the announcer said something about the time being different than shown in ?some listings?. Luckily, I usually double check times against other listings, esp. if something is not on at the ?usual time? or ?suspicious? times. In that case I assumed there was a mistake, and so set it to start recording at 20:25 and padded it out to 22:05 ?just in case?. There was a similar issue with an episode of ?Cold Squad?, iirc, the other week.

Another thing to watch out for is films or long programs that have been split in two by the news!