Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  TAPs  ~  Auto-chapter/bookmark create

Page 1 of 1
joshm
Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:28 am Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 25 May 2005 Posts: 47
Hi,

Is there an enhancement available that creates chapters (or bookmarks, I guess) at set (or user-defined) intervals throughout a recording, either as part of the recording porcess or as a post-record process?

This may make recordings a little more accessible, especially if you forget to set a bookmark when you stop playback! Perhaps people think this is unnecessary due to the currently-available bookmark plugins?

Thanks,

Josh
xandertarr
Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:48 am Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 24 Apr 2005 Posts: 36 Location: Plymouth, UK
Another time that inserting bookmarks would be during the recording process when different programs start in combined timers, and at the official start time of the programs (e.g. if using a time extend function)
Gerti
Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:13 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 12 May 2005 Posts: 347
Hi!

Give ImproBox - http://www.improbox.de/improbox142RC2API.zip - a try Smile
It remebers the last position of playback (without setting any bookmarks) and allow you to go back to the position on next start.
Also you are able to jump (automatically) through the playback in steps from 1 to 9 Minutes in both directions to find a position you are looking for, very easy...

The Sharewareversion works 50 times...

Best regards,
Gerti
Traxmaster
Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:37 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 31 Mar 2005 Posts: 206
Any possibility of adding 30 and 10 second jumps forward/back for advert skipping.

I would like to run one TAP that I don't mind paying for that

1) Easy Advert Skips 3 minute jump,30 second jump, 10 sec back
2) Automatic Resumes play
3) Restarts any interrupted playback.

Your Tap nearly does all of these.

I would also like to see an option from the menu to increase the time that the resume play message appears on screen or have an automatic resume play option.

Did you ever include the option to turn off checking of diskspace as when running this TAP the hard drives are constantly ticking.
Gerti
Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:25 am Reply with quote
Hi!

to 1) You can easy skip 1-9 Minutes, and define a jump length which is be done by hitting "recall" twice. Also you can jump 30 Second forward (Vol+ in Fast Jump Mode) and 15 Seconds backwards (Vol- in Fast Jump Mode).
to 2) This can be chosen in the options menu 28. Remember Playback Position: Auto
to 3) ImproBox does this as far as it is possible...
If the timeshiftbuffer get lost by the interrupt, I also can't do anything

The resume message will be shown as long as the ImproBox is shown after you restart playback, but it will be active for 10 Seconds after the start of the playback...

The clicking only occures on the 5800 Model...
The option to disable the check is there since the beginning:
18. Time Remaining Warning: Off

Best regards,
Gerti
Traxmaster
Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:47 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 31 Mar 2005 Posts: 206
Do I have to select fast jump mode from the menu?

Looks like I will soon be buying a licience, Thanks for the reply.
Gerti
Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 2:09 pm Reply with quote
Hi!

If you are in timeshift, playback or timeshift in a running recording, just press the "Recall"-Key (the one with the circle-arrow, which switches back to the channel before on normal TV watching) and follow the instructions you will see...

In the Optionsmenu of ImproBox, you can change the active time of the mode, the predefined jump length if you hit "Recall" twice (in germany it is most often set to 6 Minutes, because the most commercial breakes take 6 Minutes) and the display time between the jumps if you are in Autojump.
You can change the direction of the jump with P+ and P- (see the yellow arrow for the chosen direction) and can change the jump length in autojump by hitting the number keys 1 - 9 while you are in autojump.

You should download the "old" 1.41 Version too, because the Version.txt in this file has some instructions about the used keys.
After I have released version 1.42 (I hope today or tomorrow), I will start to write an english manual...

Best regards,
Gerti

Best regards,
Gerti