Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  TAPs  ~  Info Viewer - replacement for topfields default infobox

Page 3 of 9
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Nimbus
Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:43 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 02 Jan 2006 Posts: 581 Location: Leicestershire. 7 miles from the Waltham transmitter...
matt wrote:
Try a few different orders. One will be perfect!

Loading before EPGNav solved the problem. Smile

TAPs in load order : Font Manager 1 | TF5000 Display v1.26 | Remote Extender 1.6 | Description Extender 2.23 | Info Viewer 1.7 | Media Manager 1.5 | mei2archive BETA 3.5 | QuickJump 1.64 | Goldfish 0.5 | Power Manager 2.0 | UK Auto Scheduler 0.73 | EPGnavigator 6.1 | WSSKiller 2.12d
matt
Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:22 pm Reply with quote
Forum moderator Joined: 30 Mar 2005 Posts: 2305 Location: St Ives, Cornwall Transmitter: Redruth
Excellent.

Smile

I had the same problem with my arrow keys

I've added an entry for this in the TAPs section of toppy.org.uk

Last edited by matt on Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

PVR: TF5800, MyStuff recommended firmware, new PSU, 250GB Spinpoint HDD, Zalman ZM-OP1 fan TAPs: QuickJump 1.72, MyStuff 6.4, EPG2MEI 0.96, Extend 1.7, Bookmark 3, UK Auto Scheduler 0.73, SecCache 0.4, EIT Sub 0.6, SDS 1.3, TAP Commander 1.34, Font Manager 1.0d. Others: HDFW 2.3a, Channel Manager 5.1, FastScanGUI, MyInfo TV: Philips 37PFL9603D
matt
Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:18 pm Reply with quote
Forum moderator Joined: 30 Mar 2005 Posts: 2305 Location: St Ives, Cornwall Transmitter: Redruth
Just to check, is there no way to get this to work with the arrow keys without overriding the V+/- or P+/- keys?

Any suggestions appreciated.

matt

PVR: TF5800, MyStuff recommended firmware, new PSU, 250GB Spinpoint HDD, Zalman ZM-OP1 fan TAPs: QuickJump 1.72, MyStuff 6.4, EPG2MEI 0.96, Extend 1.7, Bookmark 3, UK Auto Scheduler 0.73, SecCache 0.4, EIT Sub 0.6, SDS 1.3, TAP Commander 1.34, Font Manager 1.0d. Others: HDFW 2.3a, Channel Manager 5.1, FastScanGUI, MyInfo TV: Philips 37PFL9603D
Nimbus
Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:28 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 02 Jan 2006 Posts: 581 Location: Leicestershire. 7 miles from the Waltham transmitter...
matt wrote:
Just to check, is there no way to get this to work with the arrow keys without overriding the V+/- or P+/- keys?

Any suggestions appreciated.

matt

Same for me. I've had to revert back to the original config as when I set the up/down to scroll the now/next I could not change channels with the P+/P- button while the info box was on screen.

@ Toni

Another quick question I hope. Is it possible to have the program name in the now/next a different colour to the description to make it easier to pick this out? I'm not sure if this is in the ini file.

Cheers

TAPs in load order : Font Manager 1 | TF5000 Display v1.26 | Remote Extender 1.6 | Description Extender 2.23 | Info Viewer 1.7 | Media Manager 1.5 | mei2archive BETA 3.5 | QuickJump 1.64 | Goldfish 0.5 | Power Manager 2.0 | UK Auto Scheduler 0.73 | EPGnavigator 6.1 | WSSKiller 2.12d
Toni
Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:31 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 09 Mar 2007 Posts: 40 Location: Finland
matt wrote:

As far as I know you should be able to configure that to any keys you want, you just have to know the correct hex values of the keys.

Maybe the Key Display tap will help in this. If the values are the same for both keys then it's probably impossible Smile
Toni
Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:35 pm Reply with quote
Nimbus wrote:
Another quick question I hope. Is it possible to have the program name in the now/next a different colour to the description to make it easier to pick this out? I'm not sure if this is in the ini file.

I'll try to remember this for the next version. And hopefully not to break existing configurations Cool
EMJB
Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:43 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 08 Jul 2005 Posts: 3638 Location: Maldon Essex
Toni wrote:
If the values are the same for both keys then it's probably impossible Smile

As I understand it, the TF5800 "vanilla" firmware combines the arrow & V+/- & P+/- keys to simulate the other models, so one cannot distinguish between them by changing "RKEY" values. Howerever the Remote Extender TAP provides additional information in dwParam2 which does make it possible to distinguish between the keys. The dwParam2 values can be found in a "morekeys.h file on the Berlios site. Contact simonc for more info - I have found hime very patient with my problems.

EMJB
Toni
Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:10 pm Reply with quote
EMJB wrote:
As I understand it, the TF5800 "vanilla" firmware combines the arrow & V+/- & P+/- keys to simulate the other models, so one cannot distinguish between them by changing "RKEY" values. Howerever the Remote Extender TAP provides additional information in dwParam2 which does make it possible to distinguish between the keys. The dwParam2 values can be found in a "morekeys.h file on the Berlios site.

So... the values in morekeys.h are the following:

#define RAWKEY_Up 0x100
#define RAWKEY_Down 0x101
#define RAWKEY_Right 0x102
#define RAWKEY_Left 0x103

Those are then the param2 values? But what is in the param1? And why isn't there any real examples how the support for that should be done Smile

Maybe I'll be possible to make somekind of special version that supports those... but for that I'll need the hex values.
EMJB
Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:05 am Reply with quote
Toni wrote:
Those are then the param2 values? But what is in the param1?

Yes, those are param2 values. param1 is unchanged, so that TAPs that do not understand Remote Extender work as normal. Thus V- & Left both give param1 = RKEY_VolDown=0x1000f, but param2 values are 0x11C & 0x103 respectively.

EMJB
bellissimo
Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:44 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 26 May 2005 Posts: 1997 Location: Reading
And note that param2 is always 0 if RemoteExtender is not running.

Media Manager, Font Manager, Super PiP link: http://www.toppy.org.uk/~bellissimo
Toni
Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:58 am Reply with quote
So this means that the param2 is 0x103 only when Left -button has been clicked (and there's no need to check param1 at all)? In that case it's quite simple to do that fix there. But, it's going to take a bit of time, because I'll be travelling abroad the next two weeks.
EMJB
Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:18 pm Reply with quote
Toni wrote:
So this means that the param2 is 0x103 only when Left -button has been clicked (and there's no need to check param1 at all)?

If you know that Remote Extender is running, and that it is a TF5800, then you are correct. In my TAPs I therefore look at param1 and if it is one of the ambiguous ones I then look at param2, but alternatively you can look at param2 and if zero look at param1 - whichever you prefer.

To complete the story, bdb has an "exTAP_KeyExtend()" (or called something similar) function which puts values of the form 0x100yy (yy in the range 00 to 50) into param2. The value is that of the param1 value for the equivalent key on the non-TF5800 models (e.g. RKEY-Fav when V+ is pressed). If both Remote Extender & the exTAP function have been loaded, I suspect the latter wins. However I do not know of any TAPs which use bdb's function, so all you do is reject 0x100yy values in param2 just in case one appears later.
Toni
Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:38 pm Reply with quote
EMJB wrote:
If you know that Remote Extender is running, and that it is a TF5800, then you are correct. In my TAPs I therefore look at param1 and if it is one of the ambiguous ones I then look at param2, but alternatively you can look at param2 and if zero look at param1 - whichever you prefer.

I'll try to create somekind of special version for this, so that it compares the values given in the .ini file to both param1 and param2. At least it seems that there shouldn't be any problems, because the param2 values are so small that those won't get mixed up by the param1 values. Well, we'll see how this works when I have a little time to do this Smile
Toni
Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:58 pm Reply with quote
I surprised even myself and decided to make a test version today Smile

You can find the newest version here. It has now the channel name in the recording, possibility to show the event instead of file name (option in the .ini file), key for terminating the tap and a separate version to be used with Remote Extender.

When using info_viewer_RE.tap with remote extender, you can enter those remote extender keys (for example 0x100 and 0x101) to the .ini file. Hopefully that gives you the option to use any keys you like.
matt
Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:49 pm Reply with quote
Great work, Toni!

When the TAP loads up I am getting complaints of invalid lines in the config file for:

FILENAME_IN_PLAYBACK
and
TERMINATE_KEY