Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  TAPs  ~  Info Viewer - replacement for topfields default infobox

Page 2 of 9
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Nimbus
Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:13 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 02 Jan 2006 Posts: 581 Location: Leicestershire. 7 miles from the Waltham transmitter...
OK. Thanks for the info.

If I can suggest a couple of things in the playback info box..

1) can you show the channel number as well as the date/time of the recording?
2) Can you add the description (as much as it displays) in the small info box below the recording title. There looks like there's plenty of room as this is normally where the now/next info sits.

Cheers Smile

TAPs in load order : Font Manager 1 | TF5000 Display v1.26 | Remote Extender 1.6 | Description Extender 2.23 | Info Viewer 1.7 | Media Manager 1.5 | mei2archive BETA 3.5 | QuickJump 1.64 | Goldfish 0.5 | Power Manager 2.0 | UK Auto Scheduler 0.73 | EPGnavigator 6.1 | WSSKiller 2.12d
Toni
Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:03 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 09 Mar 2007 Posts: 40 Location: Finland
Nimbus wrote:

1) can you show the channel number as well as the date/time of the recording?

This will be in the next version (1.2) as an option (SHOW_RECORDED_CHANNEL) if it is turned on, then after the date/time there will be text "(channel xx)"

Nimbus wrote:

2) Can you add the description (as much as it displays) in the small info box below the recording title. There looks like there's plenty of room as this is normally where the now/next info sits.

This was the original way but because at least for me there's quite often the infomation from previous program I removed it, but it will also be available in the next version instead of the recording name (option FILENAME_IN_PLAYBACK).
bellissimo
Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:08 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 26 May 2005 Posts: 1997 Location: Reading
Toni, you might find the mei2archive TAP can help you.

This can make sure that the program details stored in the recording header are actually the details for the correct program, rather than the previous program!

Media Manager, Font Manager, Super PiP link: http://www.toppy.org.uk/~bellissimo
Nimbus
Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:24 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 02 Jan 2006 Posts: 581 Location: Leicestershire. 7 miles from the Waltham transmitter...
@ bellissimo

This is what I use as well, and I rarely get incorrect descriptions on my recordings now.

@ Toni

Thanks for the feedback on my requests. I have one problem though that has now prevented me from using this TAP. I use EPGNav v2.6 and you can change channels by pressing the OK button within this EPG. However, with your TAP loaded, it does change channel but then shows the native channel list (ie the same one you get by pressing List). When I stop your TAP it does not show this when selecting channels in EPGNav with the OK button. Since this behavior is rather annoying I've had to take it out of Auto Start.

Do you know why this may be happening?

Cheers

TAPs in load order : Font Manager 1 | TF5000 Display v1.26 | Remote Extender 1.6 | Description Extender 2.23 | Info Viewer 1.7 | Media Manager 1.5 | mei2archive BETA 3.5 | QuickJump 1.64 | Goldfish 0.5 | Power Manager 2.0 | UK Auto Scheduler 0.73 | EPGnavigator 6.1 | WSSKiller 2.12d
Nimbus
Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:26 pm Reply with quote
Toni wrote:

This will be in the next version (1.2) as an option (SHOW_RECORDED_CHANNEL) if it is turned on, then after the date/time there will be text "(channel xx)"

So this will be channel number (eg 13) rather than name (More4)? I ment to ask if the channel name can be shown, not number... Embarassed

Thanks?

Toni
Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:30 pm Reply with quote
bellissimo wrote:
Toni, you might find the mei2archive TAP can help you.

This can make sure that the program details stored in the recording header are actually the details for the correct program, rather than the previous program!

It seems that it can't handle TF5200PVRc recording headers correctly (even current data it displays for the files isn't correct). If I remember correctly there's a few bytes that are different in the cable versions compared to terrestial ones -- and the manual mode at least doesn't seem to be really user friendly Smile

So, most likely I'll stick with the wrong information Smile
Toni
Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:39 pm Reply with quote
Nimbus wrote:
So this will be channel number (eg 13) rather than name (More4)? I ment to ask if the channel name can be shown, not number... Embarassed

Ok, let's make it the channel name (well, actually the channel that has now the number that the recording had...).
Toni
Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:44 pm Reply with quote
Nimbus wrote:

I have one problem though that has now prevented me from using this TAP. I use EPGNav v2.6 and you can change channels by pressing the OK button within this EPG. However, with your TAP loaded, it does change channel but then shows the native channel list (ie the same one you get by pressing List). When I stop your TAP it does not show this when selecting channels in EPGNav with the OK button. Since this behavior is rather annoying I've had to take it out of Auto Start.

I haven't ever used EPG Navigator, but maybe I'll have some extra time someday to try to figure out what goes wrong... most likely it's that EPG Navigator's own internal channel ordering that does something funny.
matt
Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:49 pm Reply with quote
Forum moderator Joined: 30 Mar 2005 Posts: 2305 Location: St Ives, Cornwall Transmitter: Redruth
Toni wrote:
Nimbus wrote:

I have one problem though that has now prevented me from using this TAP. I use EPGNav v2.6 and you can change channels by pressing the OK button within this EPG. However, with your TAP loaded, it does change channel but then shows the native channel list (ie the same one you get by pressing List). When I stop your TAP it does not show this when selecting channels in EPGNav with the OK button. Since this behavior is rather annoying I've had to take it out of Auto Start.

I haven't ever used EPG Navigator, but maybe I'll have some extra time someday to try to figure out what goes wrong... most likely it's that EPG Navigator's own internal channel ordering that does something funny.

I think Nimbus can get over his problem by re-ordering his AutoStart TAPS using TAP Commander.

matt

PVR: TF5800, MyStuff recommended firmware, new PSU, 250GB Spinpoint HDD, Zalman ZM-OP1 fan TAPs: QuickJump 1.72, MyStuff 6.4, EPG2MEI 0.96, Extend 1.7, Bookmark 3, UK Auto Scheduler 0.73, SecCache 0.4, EIT Sub 0.6, SDS 1.3, TAP Commander 1.34, Font Manager 1.0d. Others: HDFW 2.3a, Channel Manager 5.1, FastScanGUI, MyInfo TV: Philips 37PFL9603D
janilxx
Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:18 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 17 Aug 2005 Posts: 724
Toni wrote:

Oh yes of course, It doesn't do anything with playing files -- and if the files have some extra time before the actual start time at least I many times have the description from the previous program.

May I suggest mei2archive to you. Works at least 99% perfectly also in Finland.
Nimbus
Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:18 pm Reply with quote
Matt,

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give it a go an let you know what happens. I assume you mean have Info View loading before EPGNav?

matt
Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:27 pm Reply with quote
Forum moderator Joined: 30 Mar 2005 Posts: 2305 Location: St Ives, Cornwall Transmitter: Redruth
Try a few different orders. One will be perfect!

PVR: TF5800, MyStuff recommended firmware, new PSU, 250GB Spinpoint HDD, Zalman ZM-OP1 fan TAPs: QuickJump 1.72, MyStuff 6.4, EPG2MEI 0.96, Extend 1.7, Bookmark 3, UK Auto Scheduler 0.73, SecCache 0.4, EIT Sub 0.6, SDS 1.3, TAP Commander 1.34, Font Manager 1.0d. Others: HDFW 2.3a, Channel Manager 5.1, FastScanGUI, MyInfo TV: Philips 37PFL9603D
Toni
Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:34 pm Reply with quote
janilxx wrote:

Sure, you can atleast try Smile

But already earlier in this thread I tested it -- and it doesn't seem to work properly. Both 5000 and 5800 modes work a little differently, but either one of those can write correct header for cable toppy (or at least this TF5200PVRc). I remember reading from somewhere that the .rec file format is yet again a little bit different for c-models.
janilxx
Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:16 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 17 Aug 2005 Posts: 724
Toni wrote:
janilxx wrote:

Sure, you can atleast try Smile

But already earlier in this thread I tested it -- and it doesn't seem to work properly. Both 5000 and 5800 modes work a little differently, but either one of those can write correct header for cable toppy (or at least this TF5200PVRc). I remember reading from somewhere that the .rec file format is yet again a little bit different for c-models.

Sorry, I didn't remember you have C-model. For TF5100T it works perfectly. If you want to test it with my inifile, let me know (e.g. on Fin forum)
Henk Puister
Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:43 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 16 Dec 2006 Posts: 28 Location: Siddeburen, Netherlands
Toni wrote:

Try Stirf.

And btw: nice tap.