<  TAPs  ~  Logos for TAPs

Page 3 of 100
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
0nezer0
Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:58 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 08 Jan 2006 Posts: 45
CW,

Thanks

I have downloaded and installed the logos again.
Large logo is now correct, but small logo is still showing as the old purple one.

Any ideas?
chunkywizard
Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:55 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9319 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
That'll be me forgetting to update the small logos Wink.. New version coming in a mo...

[Edit] try now..

CW

0nezer0
Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:15 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 08 Jan 2006 Posts: 45
That's it!
All ok now.

Many thanks CW.
andrec
Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:43 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 15 Jul 2005 Posts: 1349 Location: Bristol, U.K.
Now that ITV2+1 has taken over LCN31 from ITV Play, here is a .gif logo for it, suitable for UK Timers and sister TAPs.

And here's an ibl version for Filer2:

http://sites.google.com/site/andrecsite/Home/itv2+1.ibl.

Note that there is a space in the name of the .gif version which shows as %20. Change it to a real [ ] on your computer before copying it across to the Toppy.

[Edited to reflect change in webspace]

Last edited by andrec on Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:24 am; edited 2 times in total

Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:33 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 29 Jun 2005 Posts: 140 Location: Hampshire
andrec wrote:
Now that ITV2+1 has taken over LCN31 from ITV Play, here is a .gif logo for it, suitable for UK Timers and sister TAPs.

And here's an ibl version for Filer2:

http://www.andrec.plus.com/itv2+1.ibl.

Note that there is a space in the name of the .gif version which shows as %20. Change it to a real [ ] on your computer before copying it across to the Toppy.

Thanks André. The ibl file works fine in Improbox, but I'm frustrated by the gif logos and getting UK Auto Scheduler and UK Timers to accept the new ITV2+1 and BBC 2 gifs, Can somebody post an idiot's guide, before I hurl this laptop through the TV screen ! (Yes, I've read previous posts Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

andrec
Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Broadbandjockey wrote:
Thanks André. The ibl file works fine in Improbox, but I'm frustrated by the gif logos and getting UK Auto Scheduler and UK Timers to accept the new ITV2+1 and BBC 2 gifs, Can somebody post an idiot's guide, before I hurl this laptop through the TV screen ! (Yes, I've read previous posts Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Smile

This is what works for me:

1) rename "ITV2%201.gif" to "ITV2 1.gif" - no inverted commas, of course - noting that there is a space between the 2 and the 1.

2) fire up Altair and transfer ITV2 1.gif to the appropriate folder on the Toppy - for UK Timers it is \ProgramFiles\Auto Start\UK TAP Project\Source Logos\ .

3) run the MakeLogos TAP on the Toppy. This is - on my machine, anyway - in the \ProgramFiles\Auto Start\UK TAP Project\ folder.

4) reboot the Toppy.

If this doesn't work for you, post back with what happened - or didn't happen - at each stage.

Good luck!

Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:47 pm Reply with quote
andrec wrote:
Broadbandjockey wrote:

Smile

This is what works for me:

1) rename "ITV2%201.gif" to "ITV2 1.gif" - no inverted commas, of course - noting that there is a space between the 2 and the 1.

2) fire up Altair and transfer ITV2 1.gif to the appropriate folder on the Toppy - for UK Timers it is \ProgramFiles\Auto Start\UK TAP Project\Source Logos\ .

3) run the MakeLogos TAP on the Toppy. This is - on my machine, anyway - in the \ProgramFiles\Auto Start\UK TAP Project\ folder.

4) reboot the Toppy.

If this doesn't work for you, post back with what happened - or didn't happen - at each stage.

Good luck!

That's exactly what I've been doing, and I've tried it again. No luck.

If I run Makelogos but view .gifs, I can see the new BBC 2 logo, but no sign of the ITV-2+1, and there's still no update in the actual applications of either Confused

chunkywizard
Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:30 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9319 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
I have updated the logo.dat and smlogo.dat on my site with the new ITV2+1 logos. Now as I haven't rescanned to see that channel I can not confirm they work but the only reason they would not is if the channel is not named 'ITV2 +1'. If there is no space (like Film4+1) let me know and I can redo the .dats,

CW

andrec
Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:39 pm Reply with quote
I never understand on what basis a logo is named vis ŕ vis the channel name. I arrived at the name 'ITV2<space>1' by trial and error, having first tried 'ITV21' by analogy with 'Film41'. The name of the .ibl logo is different, but they both work on my Toppy.

Would some other people like to try them under these names, please, and confirm whether or not they work on their machines?

Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:43 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 15 May 2005 Posts: 459 Location: Glasgow, Scotland
andrec wrote:
Would some other people like to try them under these names, please, and confirm whether or not they work on their machines?

I downloaded them exactly as named and copied them over to the Toppy.

I ran the "makelogos.tap" and told Improbox to reload its logos and both are working exactly as advertised.

Sig generated by MyInfo on 24/12/10
transient
Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:03 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 23 May 2006 Posts: 33
AllanG wrote:
I ran the "makelogos.tap" and told Improbox to reload its logos and both are working exactly as advertised.
Same here

Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:31 am Reply with quote
transient wrote:
AllanG wrote:
Same here

Odd, the Improbox logos are fine, but no matter what I try, (and I found the notes from past UK Timers logo updates that have been successful) there's no joy still.

It's one of those weekends I think, my Toppy box refuses to see the OTA upgrade too. Never mind. Confused

andrec
Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:31 am Reply with quote
Thanks to AllanG and transient for confirming that all is well with the logo files.

Broadbandjockey, have you tried the old trick of a full power-down (off at the mains), count to ten slowly and switch on again? I can't think why it should make any difference, but you never know, and it's a good idea to provoke the Toppy into reconsidering the reason for its existence from time to time Shocked.

Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:09 pm Reply with quote
chunkywizard wrote:
I have updated the logo.dat and smlogo.dat on my site with the new ITV2+1 logos. Now as I haven't rescanned to see that channel I can not confirm they work but the only reason they would not is if the channel is not named 'ITV2 +1'. If there is no space (like Film4+1) let me know and I can redo the .dats,

CW

Thanks ChunkyWizard.

New logo.dat and smlogo.dat files (including ITV2+1 logo) are working great with MyStuff, UK Timers and UK/OZ Surfer TAPs.
Broadbandjockey
Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:52 pm Reply with quote
chunkywizard wrote:
I have updated the logo.dat and smlogo.dat on my site with the new ITV2+1 logos.
CW

Here ?

http://www.toppy.org.uk/~chunkywizard/index.html

I can't see them Crying or Very sad

EDIT: 12:08 hrs. Ah, I've downloaded the logo.dat file in the TAP listing page named "UK TAP Standard Logos (December 2006)"
Replaced the DAT file I did have, and all's well. I'm confused though, right clicking>properties the logo.dat file as downloaded gives me as its creation date, the time I downloaded it.

André: I've tried the mains re-boot etc, no luck. As far as the failed update goes, I'm putting that down to a funny in the BBC South region, seems to be many similar problems with Rowridge/Midhurst/Hannington viewers.

Last edited by Broadbandjockey on Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total