Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  Newbie problem with Mystuff Favourites

Page 1 of 1
dr-knuckles
Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:32 pm Reply with quote
I have had my Toppy since last week and am very pleased with it. Keen to experiment, yesterday I loaded Mystuff, eit2mei and Remote Extender. Everything is much improved with these TAPs except I can't for the life of me get the Favourites to work in Mystuff: as instructed in the manual I have created a channel list using notepad called "My Favourites.mcl" of the form

etc, with no return at the end, and put this in the ProgramFiles folder. I turned the Toppy off and on to reload, set Option J2 (Default Channel List) to 2/2 ("currently My Favourites.mcl") restarted again, and still the ruddy EPG contains all the dross that I don't want. Can someone please tell me what am I doing wrong as it's now starting to drive me crazy!
BobD
Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:10 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 03 Aug 2005 Posts: 4218
First thing to try is from the MyStuff EPG, press Opt, use left & right til My Favourites is shown, then press OK.

That should make the epg only show your channels.

If that works, then setting J2 to this list should also work, every time you start the toppy. If setting J2 to this does not work, then there is a bug somewhere.

If selecting your list from Opt from EPG does not work, then there is a problem with the list file itself, which will be why J2 does not worth either.

So, try the above and let us know what the EPG then displays. Also, how many channels are in your faves list?

MyStuff skins, manual and latest version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk
Known bugs & forthcoming fixes: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/Bugs.shtml
Changes coming in the next version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/NextVersion.shtml
dr-knuckles
Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:44 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the speed reply Bob.

Unfortunately using Opt from the EPG doen't work (the option to use is given as "My Favouites.mcl" ).

I've got 23 channels in the list, as below:

What could I try next?
chunkywizard
Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:16 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9319 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
Did you create the file on a Mac? IIRC you need PC type line feeds to get it to work. If you PM me your email address I will send you a file that works on my Toppy...

CW

dr-knuckles
Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:45 pm Reply with quote
Problem sorted: I've downloaded rt2mei TAP and it's created a Favourites.mcl which works.

Many thanks for your help