Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  New users start here  ~  First Toppy just arrived! - couple of quick Q's...

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
autopilot
Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:55 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Nov 2006 Posts: 193
From what i have read hear and other forums, i am not even going to bother running it as standard at all. I think i will just put MyStuff straight on and go from there. Is this the right think to do, or should i first spend some time with the standard UI etc?

How do i start the Toppy up without loading any TAP's that are loaded onto it? I heard there was a way to do this, holding a key or something.

Thanks! Very Happy
ryclark
Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:03 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 10 Jul 2005 Posts: 1604 Location: Shropshire
Holding '0' stops taps being loaded. But note that it also changes screen formatting once Toppy is on so you may have to press a couple of extra times to get your screen back to normal.

However if it is a brand new Toppy there should be no TAPs on it at all.

It is always a good idea to run it first vanilla just to make sure everything works OK. Also you get to find out what TAPs you might need for your way of working. Adding MYStuff too soon may just confuse things until you are happy with the basics.

?
sanecyclist
Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:04 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 10 May 2006 Posts: 817
autopilot wrote:
From what i have read hear and other forums, i am not even going to bother running it as standard at all. I think i will just put MyStuff straight on and go from there. Is this the right think to do, or should i first spend some time with the standard UI etc?

You'll appreciate the TAPs more if you first experience the limitations of the firmware. Smile

Quote:
How do i start the Toppy up without loading any TAP's that are loaded onto it?

Hold down the '0' key (which btw is also used for switching aspect ratio).
autopilot
Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:10 pm Reply with quote
Well i will put the TAP into the ProgramFiles folder and try them later.

I take it you can move the file to the AutoStart folder using the Toppys UI, without me having to drag i back upstairs to the PC?
bygjohn
Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:14 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 30 May 2006 Posts: 216 Location: Crewe (TX: Winter Hill)
autopilot wrote:
Well i will put the TAP into the ProgramFiles folder and try them later.

I take it you can move the file to the AutoStart folder using the Toppys UI, without me having to drag i back upstairs to the PC?
You can, but some TAPs need to have their support files moved with them, which will need Altair.

chunkywizard
Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:37 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9319 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
IIRC you can use Filer or Media Manager TAPs for moving support files without needing to attach a PC...

HTH

CW

autopilot
Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:00 pm Reply with quote
Ok need some more help now!

Right, firstly i have 2 of every channel (some channels i have 3 of). Why is this and how do i get right of the extra channels? And how do i completely remove channels?

When i press Guide, the MySTuff EPG comes up nicely. However, when i press guide again, the standard EPG (thank god for MyStuff) apears. How do i completely disable the standard one?

And the picture quality is nowhere near as good as my Sony TV's built in digital, but i will have a play with my connections and use a better SCART lead before i condemn the Toppy just yet:D
Ugly--Kid--Joe
Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:11 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 05 May 2005 Posts: 1472 Location: Cornwall
autopilot wrote:
Ok need some more help now!

Right, firstly i have 2 of every channel (some channels i have 3 of). Why is this and how do i get right of the extra channels? And how do i completely remove channels?

When i press Guide, the MySTuff EPG comes up nicely. However, when i press guide again, the standard EPG (thank god for MyStuff) apears. How do i completely disable the standard one?

And the picture quality is nowhere near as good as my Sony TV's built in digital, but i will have a play with my connections and use a better SCART lead before i condemn the Toppy just yet:D

You probably receivibg a signal from 2 or more transmitters. You can press list then select the channel press red and select delete.
There is a TAP called channel remover which will remove all channel you set up in a file.
You cannot disable the standard EPG in MyStuff, maybe in the next version you will be.
As regards the picture quality, I think its excelent, best try some different scarts and make sure they are seated correctly.

Transmitter: Caradon Hill
Popcorn Hour:
Runnig FTP Topfield: RT2MEI v1.1: Remote Timers
OTHER:Harmony 885 Remote
BobD
Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:16 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 03 Aug 2005 Posts: 4218
autopilot wrote:
You can't. But you can press Exit when the MyStuff EPG is up, and it will close the EPG without opening the standard one.

Ugly--Kid--Joe wrote:
You cannot disable the standard EPG in MyStuff, maybe in the next version you will be.
Indeed. In the next version when creating your EPG chain you can choose to end with the standard EPG or not.

Cheers

MyStuff skins, manual and latest version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk
Known bugs & forthcoming fixes: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/Bugs.shtml
Changes coming in the next version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/NextVersion.shtml
autopilot
Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:18 pm Reply with quote
So there is no way to disable the standard EPG? Thats very disappointing Sad

I will try the list to remove channels. But how do i reorder them?
eye of ra
Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:30 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 28 Dec 2005 Posts: 1018
Use notepad to create a txt file, eg.

Then save and rename it, say "My List.mcl" mcl being the important bit. Copy into programfiles then in MS options (J2) select this as your default.

AccurateBM 0.4 | EITDupFix.
TapLauncher: MeiSearch 1.37 | Media Manager 1.5 | Tap Commander 1.32 | HDFW 2.3a.
Updated:15-05-08
autopilot
Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:10 pm Reply with quote
Another thing, Quite often i am getting this message in the top left of my screen;

"Loading......." and/or "Seaching........."

What is causing this? Is it MyStuff, eit2mei, or the Toppy itself doing it? What is it doing and can i stop that very annoying message from appearing all the time?
Richard46
Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:50 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 31 Mar 2005 Posts: 1586 Location: Forest Gate East London
autopilot wrote:
Another thing, Quite often i am getting this message in the top left of my screen;

"Loading......." and/or "Seaching........."

What is causing this? Is it MyStuff, eit2mei, or the Toppy itself doing it? What is it doing and can i stop that very annoying message from appearing all the time?

MyStuff Menu item H5 set to No. Very Happy

TF5800 Silver;5.13.40 TF5800 Black; 5.12.88 TAPs: MYStuff /OneList v2; DeadBeefs TF5000 Display v1.42; Remote Extender 1.5; Description Extender 2.1; mcgCYRResume V1;MforR3NST; +on one Toppy DumbWidescreenTV2.31EPG info: eit2mei b7.7 beta Taps not auto:TAPCommander; RadioDelete Remotes: Harmony 655 & 885 TX: Crystal Palace
chunkywizard
Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:14 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9319 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
BTW, have a read of the manual and FAQs this should help!

CW

rwb
Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:11 am Reply with quote
I don't know if this will help but I got mutiple BBC channels when i did a channel scan for Film 4. This was driving me mad & it seemed that the more times I did a channel scan the more BBC ONE's turned up!

Then after pressing too many buttons & managed to lock Channel Five & I had no idea what the PIN was to unlock it. There was nothing I could do but press 'Factory Setting' in the installation menu to restet everything. This forced me to rescan & hey presto - only one of every BBC channel!

So it might be worth reseting your Toppy & rescanning.