Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  Firmwares, enhancements and upgrades  ~  Help - have I damaged my Toppy

Page 1 of 1
Richard46
Posted: Fri May 27, 2005 10:05 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 31 Mar 2005 Posts: 1586 Location: Forest Gate East London
Eventually got round to installing new firmware this morning. I have tfb-usb saying completely installed! but I am getting no END message on the Toppy.
I think I made a mistake earlier e.g. I thought Toppy was on standby (It is behind me when looking at the computer if you follow me) and I started a download. Obviously it should have been off at this point.
I hope I have not done something irrevicable Crying or Very sad
I dare not turn the Toppy off; what should I do?
Any suggestions Please

Richard

PS Toppy screen has E - 01 showing
s7uar7
Posted: Fri May 27, 2005 10:32 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 30 Mar 2005 Posts: 196 Location: Chalfont St Giles
01795 429666 is the UK customer service number; worth giving them a call. If they're not sure, what I would do is try rebooting the Toppy. If that fails turn it off and start the upgrade again. But call the customer service number first.
Richard46
Posted: Fri May 27, 2005 10:44 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 31 Mar 2005 Posts: 1586 Location: Forest Gate East London
Thanks S7uar7
Richard46
Posted: Fri May 27, 2005 6:42 pm Reply with quote
Took the toppy down to Turbosat this afternoon and James downloaded the new firmware with no problem Very Happy . Apparently I have discovered a previously unheard of error message E-01. Looks like it might be some conflict with something on my PC.

I can look forward to playing with TAPS over the bank holiday now; and thanks to turbosat; who immediatelly offered a replacement which was not in the event neccessary. Very Nice People.

Richard