Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  Toppy crashes with Mystuff 4.54e - previously OK

Page 1 of 1
digsatman
Posted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:36 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 May 2005 Posts: 166 Location: West Midlands
I see a number of people are having unexplained problems with their Toppy and putting it down to a problem with the clocks going back. This may or may not be the cause but the posts appear in various places so I am posting this new one as I can replicate the problem. If I start my toppy up with no TAPs in the autorun all is well. If, however, I run MyStuff 4.54e either manually or as an autorun and then use the EPG to tune to SKy Three which, for some reason has no programme info listed although a recent "harvest" was done, the box crashes and repeatedly resets each time MyStuff has finished it's search. I hope this helps someone somewhere track the problem down. It may simply be a corrupted file created by MyStuffExtended (Bawbag V0.4Cool or something else!

I am not pointing any fingers - I am most grateful for the very useful utilities and know I use them at my own risk!
Ugly--Kid--Joe
Posted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:37 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 05 May 2005 Posts: 1472 Location: Cornwall
I would say it was a corrupted mei file.
Can you check it?

Transmitter: Caradon Hill
Popcorn Hour:
Runnig FTP Topfield: RT2MEI v1.1: Remote Timers
OTHER:Harmony 885 Remote
HydeTheDarkerSide
Posted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:46 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 11 May 2005 Posts: 5956 Location: Hannington Transmitter : Sony KDL 40Z5800
It can also be caused by a corrupted recording mei file (in the Archive) usually called something that has the channel name in it IIRC. These hold the extended information for a given recording.

Back that folder up somewhere else using Altair, and the delete the original and see if that resolves the reboot. Then add the folder back and then each file one by one until you find the offending item.

[color=blue:da1fd20a33]MyStuff Links: http://www.toppy.org.uk/~mystuff/index.shtml[/color:da1fd20a33]
Sig generated by MyInfo on 11/10/13[/size:da1fd20a33]
digsatman
Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:31 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 May 2005 Posts: 166 Location: West Midlands
HydeTheDarkerSide wrote:
It can also be caused by a corrupted recording mei file (in the Archive) usually called something that has the channel name in it IIRC. These hold the extended information for a given recording.

Back that folder up somewhere else using Altair, and the delete the original and see if that resolves the reboot. Then add the folder back and then each file one by one until you find the offending item.

Yes - many thanks - that did the trick - never happened before - maybe the parsing of the files needs to be tightened up to prevent such crashes?