Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  New users start here  ~  2 Newbie questions

Page 1 of 1
me_here
Posted: Mon May 23, 2005 4:52 pm Reply with quote
I received my Toppy on Saturday and am so far pretty impressed, I have a couple of questions though:

- Is there any way of bringing up a list of what has been set to record? I would have thought there must be but the only way I have found to check if I have set a recording is to find it on the EPG which can be rather tiresome for a whole list of shows.

- When you set a recording is there any way to get it to automatically be stored in a set folder in the archive list? ie. I have a repeating timer for the Simpsons at 6pm Mon-Fri - it would be cool if they could automatically go into the folder I have named "The Simpsons".
nwhitfield
Posted: Mon May 23, 2005 5:03 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 20 Mar 2005 Posts: 9579
There are two answers to your first question. 1) If you're using the standard system with, look in theDay to day use section of the site FAQs.

Or 2) with Jag's alternative EPG, you press the file list button while the EPG is on screen, which is a lot less trouble.

As for your second question, sorry, not at present.

Nigel.

Posted: Mon May 23, 2005 5:13 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for that - I could have sworn I looked in that menu for the timer list!

I am still using the standard EPG, I have had a play with Jag's but couldn't really get it to do what I was expecting it to do. This is probably the wrong place to ask this, but regarding Jag's EPG, do you have to do the 100 minute timer thing to get the EPG filled and working properly or should it fill automatically?
matt
Posted: Mon May 23, 2005 5:31 pm Reply with quote
Forum moderator Joined: 30 Mar 2005 Posts: 2305 Location: St Ives, Cornwall Transmitter: Redruth
me_here wrote:
This is probably the wrong place to ask this, but regarding Jag's EPG, do you have to do the 100 minute timer thing to get the EPG filled and working properly or should it fill automatically?

It is the wrong place, but Smile

The EPG fills automatically as you visit each channel regardless of EPG used, but be aware that it will be flushed whenever the box goes into standby. JAG's can save the EPG data to disk, by pressing red when viewing JAG's EPG. The auto-fill function is to take away the hard work of skipping tyhrough channels filling the EPG.

matt

PVR: TF5800, MyStuff recommended firmware, new PSU, 250GB Spinpoint HDD, Zalman ZM-OP1 fan TAPs: QuickJump 1.72, MyStuff 6.4, EPG2MEI 0.96, Extend 1.7, Bookmark 3, UK Auto Scheduler 0.73, SecCache 0.4, EIT Sub 0.6, SDS 1.3, TAP Commander 1.34, Font Manager 1.0d. Others: HDFW 2.3a, Channel Manager 5.1, FastScanGUI, MyInfo TV: Philips 37PFL9603D