Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  MyStuff assistance please...

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
bald-eagleman
Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:28 pm Reply with quote
Ta

I can see MEI in the prog file but nothing in it. I will connect to the PC in a bit

In the meantime I,m doing a total rescan again and only keeping the top one. Mayyyyybe that will sort the problem...we shall see

Keep you posted Sad
eye of ra
Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:32 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 28 Dec 2005 Posts: 1018
My mistake, you can see the folder but you can?t see what is in it without Altair.

Thanks for the pointer to the harmony 688, that one looks good but where are the coloured mheg buttons, as the pictures I?ve found show 6 coloured keys at the top but in the wrong order and the yellow is "help", is it these?

AccurateBM 0.4 | EITDupFix.
TapLauncher: MeiSearch 1.37 | Media Manager 1.5 | Tap Commander 1.32 | HDFW 2.3a.
Updated:15-05-08
bald-eagleman
Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:46 pm Reply with quote
sorry don't know what does what yet...will let u know when it arrives..,...tues I hope
bald-eagleman
Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 1:00 pm Reply with quote
Back to the drawing board

A rescan and deletion of all duplicates but the top one did;nt do the trick

Can you please explain why you think the My stuff.Dat file or files in the MEI might be a problem?
Ugly--Kid--Joe
Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 1:03 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 05 May 2005 Posts: 1472 Location: Cornwall
Sometimes these files can get corrupted and will cause the toppy to freeze or reboot. Deleting these files normally helps the situation.
Thes files will be recreated automaticly.

Transmitter: Caradon Hill
Popcorn Hour:
Runnig FTP Topfield: RT2MEI v1.1: Remote Timers
OTHER:Harmony 885 Remote
bald-eagleman
Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 1:46 pm Reply with quote
No luck..removing the files has no effect

Guess its committing suicide or risk the wrath of a murder charge for the wife

Any other suggestions Sad
chunkywizard
Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:52 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9319 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
Hi there

o.k. let's start from scratch. When does it crash? When loading or searching? When opening the EPG? Narrow it down a bit.

I guess you are using Jag's for picking up the EPG, right? If that's all you use it for then try installing eit2mei instead. It's a smaller TAP and easier to use. It may be a corrupt EPG data file that is causing the problem so let's delete everything and start again

With your Toppy connected to your PC delete (after backing up ie coping onto the PC)

(out of autostart) Jags, MyStuff (it should now be empty)
(out of program files) mystuff.dat, mei folder, mst folder, the file that ends .csv

do you have any other files in Program Files? If so tell me what (if you only use those 2 TAPs there should be anything else)

now reboot. Hopefully the Toppy doesn;t crash (as there are no TAPs on it).

Now load on MyStuff and eit2mei into Autostart.

reboot

upon using eit2mei for the first time a blue box should put up and give you the option to scan. This is going to make a file for the EPG data. After this has finished scanning then you should be able to press Guide and see programmes in the EPG

Let me know if this is the case

On the subject of duplicate channels you said you deleted 'all but the top one', so you still have one duplicate? If that is the case it will cause a problem.

Please confirm,

CW

bald-eagleman
Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:13 pm Reply with quote
Wow. It crashed when loading

Thanks for that!!

I've survived the evening.....I rescanned and deleted all the duplicates (in no particular order I may say) and then reloaded Mystuff and Zut Alore it loaded!!

Don't Know why but it does seem to be something to do with duplicate channels

On the down side I was hoping to be able to put up another ariel and point it at Hunsham Cross for those times when Stockland Hill reception is bad but it now seems that this is out of the question as Mystuff (or is it the toppy) just does'nt like duplicate channels.
Is this correct or is there a way around it?

Thanks for everybody's help, it has proved to be an interesting day (sic) Smile
Richard46
Posted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:20 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 31 Mar 2005 Posts: 1586 Location: Forest Gate East London
bald-eagleman wrote:
On the down side I was hoping to be able to put up another ariel and point it at Hunsham Cross for those times when Stockland Hill reception is bad but it now seems that this is out of the question as Mystuff (or is it the toppy) just does'nt like duplicate channels.
Is this correct or is there a way around it?

Thanks for everybody's help, it has proved to be an interesting day (sic) Smile

If you get Hunshan on an indoor/loft aerial that would seem a logical thing to do. You could then manually select just the Hunsham UHF frequencies.

Richard

TF5800 Silver;5.13.40 TF5800 Black; 5.12.88 TAPs: MYStuff /OneList v2; DeadBeefs TF5000 Display v1.42; Remote Extender 1.5; Description Extender 2.1; mcgCYRResume V1;MforR3NST; +on one Toppy DumbWidescreenTV2.31EPG info: eit2mei b7.7 beta Taps not auto:TAPCommander; RadioDelete Remotes: Harmony 655 & 885 TX: Crystal Palace
DanCJ
Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:06 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Nov 2006 Posts: 143 Location: Sunny Exeter
Going back to the original topic in this discussion - about back-to-back programmes...

Is it completely outside the Toppy's capabilities to record the same channel to two different files at the same time? If it could do this then there would be no reason why you couldn't have all of Extras (and maybe a minute or two of Mitchell+Webb) in one file and then all of Mitchell+Webb (preceded by the last couple of minutes of Extras) in another file