Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  Firmwares, enhancements and upgrades  ~  Batch file copy via USB

Page 1 of 1
misha
Posted: Sat May 21, 2005 10:03 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 11 Apr 2005 Posts: 169 Location: London - South West
Hello,

Sometime ago I saw a PC command-based utility for transfering files from Toppy to PC, but now can't find it... Anybody knows where to find it?
I would like to set up a task on my PC to run at specified times which will transfer the files from Toppy to PC - so that the wife Smile can just move the files to an agreed folder and the attached PC would handle the rest... Hopefully this will slow down toppy filling up and needing an "urgent offload job..."

Thanks
Darkmatter
Posted: Sat May 21, 2005 10:28 pm Reply with quote
Forum moderator Joined: 21 Mar 2005 Posts: 1237
Are you thinking of TFCopy ? Gerti has a link to it on his site

Let us know how you get on
misha
Posted: Tue May 24, 2005 5:22 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 11 Apr 2005 Posts: 169 Location: London - South West
No it isn't - I finally found it on http://qmtech.com/topfield/ -- down towards the bottom of the page TFtransfer.zip...
misha
Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:30 pm Reply with quote
I tested this program - it works, but unfortunatelly it is not useful for what I've set out to do. TFtransfer.exe can only copy named files from Toppy to PC - ie it cannot copy an entire directory. So to copy several files from Toppy will still require the use of Altaire to lookup file names - which defeats the purpose...