Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  New users start here  ~  Setting end recording time

Page 1 of 1
Wolfie
Posted: Mon May 16, 2005 5:41 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 252
Hi all - please excuse this question if it seems an obvious one, but I only got my "Toppy" an hour ago!
I've got it up and running nicely, and have copied a short ".rec" file to my PC, and a couple of TAPs back, just to ensure the transfer side worked. The firmware is already the latest (bought it from Turbosat). However, I'm moving to the Toppy from a Pace Twin which I've used for the last eighteen months. On the Pace, if I want to record the rest of the programme I'm watching, hitting the record button does just that. On the Toppy it seems doing that will just record a fixed amount.
Am I missing something obvious? If not, is there a TAP to get around this?

Thanks for reading this far and for any help anyone's able to give!

Mick.
Brava_210
Posted: Mon May 16, 2005 5:46 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 06 Apr 2005 Posts: 328 Location: Bristol
hi,i also have a twin,with the toppy just press the record button twice-it will give you option of record this event or stop after the following event...

gary

glesgaguy
Posted: Mon May 16, 2005 5:58 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 27 Mar 2005 Posts: 178
You could try Jags EPG it will automaticlly add as many minutes as you want to the start/end of a recording
Wolfie
Posted: Mon May 16, 2005 7:32 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 252
Thanks for the suggestions, chaps - I already have Jag's EPG installed - it was more for those awkward moments when I'm watching live tv and realise I should have picked my wife up from the station five minutes ago - one button push to record the remainder of the programme and out the door.
Another question would be this; I also downloaded "timer extend" - would this add time to the end of a programme that I've done an 'instant record' on? ie one where I've hit the record button twice and selected it to end at the end of the current programme. I know "timer extend" works on EPG-based recordings; also that Jag's EPG can be set to add minutes at the start and end of recordings, but I suspect both TAPs only affect EPG-based recordings.
Sorry to use up al this forum space, and thanks again for your help...

Regards,

Mick.