Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  MyStuff 4.52

Page 1 of 11
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
BobD
Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:52 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 03 Aug 2005 Posts: 4218
A new version of MyStuff is now available from the MyStuff website.

This version seems to be fixing the problems experienced by those 4.51 users who have tested early versions, and so we hope that it will prove to work for everyone else.

However, again owing to the fact that none of the Team are having these problems, this should be considered a Beta version, at least until it has proved to be stable out "in the wild".

Should you still have problems with this version, then revert to 4.5 by deleting your MyStuff.dat file, and downloading another copy of 4.5 from the website. You may also then have to adjust the padding on any CTs created/edited in 4.51/4.52, due to a change in the CT format from 4.5.

Thanks to those MyStuff users who have helped out with the testing of the new version.

Cheers

The MyStuff Team

MyStuff skins, manual and latest version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk
Known bugs & forthcoming fixes: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/Bugs.shtml
Changes coming in the next version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/NextVersion.shtml
Sgt. Banjo
Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:18 am Reply with quote
Hi there, I've re-upgraded my firmware and am successfully using MS4.52 now. There are currently no problems however I was able to use 4.51 and the new firmware for 3 days without problems. I will report any issues here.

Thanks for your continued efforts on this 'must have' TAP
eye of ra
Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:33 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 28 Dec 2005 Posts: 1018
Other than the back 2 back problem, I have not suffered any of the other problems encountered by others, having installed 4.52 I got the ?off? problem followed by a VF&F after power off. After this initial hiccup everything does now however seem to be OK again.

Will see if I get any more problems tomorrow.

AccurateBM 0.4 | EITDupFix.
TapLauncher: MeiSearch 1.37 | Media Manager 1.5 | Tap Commander 1.32 | HDFW 2.3a.
Updated:15-05-08
karljinx
Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:15 am Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 29 Nov 2005 Posts: 33 Location: Cardiff, UK
Same here - Installed 4.52, a few minutes later MS reloaded the listings, and it rebooted, but didn't loop this time.. it's rebooted once, stayed on since and guide etc all seem to be working ok.

Don't know if it'll reboot every time the data loads though, shall wait and see and let you know.

Karl Smile
s7uar7
Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:33 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 30 Mar 2005 Posts: 196 Location: Chalfont St Giles
I've just had a reboot with 4.5.2. I had the 'Recordings, by date' screen up and was scrolling up by keeping my finger on the up arrow button on the remote.

Rafe
Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:12 am Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 03 May 2006 Posts: 94
Can I suggest that when upgrading people:

1) exit MyStuff via the last menu item
2) delete the existing TAP (nothing else)
3) restart your Toppy (just into standby and back on again)
4) copy the new TAP across - and restart your Toppy if you've gone straight for Autostart otherwise run it manually

Whilst you can just delete whilst still running and you can overwrite one with the other and pretty much start one on top of the other etc. I think stopping the TAP and restarting the Toppy inbetween gives the poor thing a much better chance.

Apologies if you "single reboot" guys had done it like this and still had problems.

Hope that helps.

Rafe
s7uar7
Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:27 am Reply with quote
I've looked into the problems I've been having in a bit more depth as it only seemed to happen when I had the archive displayed. I noticed some oddities with the MEI data - a title from a different programme in the genre field for another, and corrupt titles for a few others. I've renamed the MEI folder so it can start from scratch with the new version, so I'll see if that has resolved it. In Textpad the MEI files looked ok, but I can email them to anyone who's interested.

chunkywizard
Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:29 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9319 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
Hi Stuart,

please email it to Bob. We have seen MEI corrupt cause problems. It is recommended to delete .mei files when upgrading. If you use eit2mei then you should get back a full EPG after the first background scan kicks in,

HTH

CW

Goose
Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:34 am Reply with quote
CW/Stuart,
I deleted my MEI last night and found that bringing up the Toppy EPG, pressing pip (which happens to be my eit2mei activation key) made eit2mei download the data that was in the toppy guide. Seemed to be a lot faster than doing, or waiting for a background scan. I then got mystuff to reload the epg data and then I had a well populated EPG.
Very Happy
Goose
aramil
Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:42 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 20 Jun 2006 Posts: 649 Location: Worcester, UK ; TX:Malvern Central
BobD wrote:

Thanks to those MyStuff users who have helped out with the testing of the new version.

Cheers

The MyStuff Team

Cheers Sir, will let you know if any issues

Aramil

s7uar7
Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:45 am Reply with quote
Thanks for the tip. I use rt2mei to populate mine so all I had to do was reload, but I'm sure it will be of help to others.

Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:57 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 29 Aug 2005 Posts: 396 Location: Sandy Heath
BobD wrote:

This version seems to be fixing the problems experienced by those 4.51 users who have tested early versions, and so we hope that it will prove to work for everyone else.

However, again owing to the fact that none of the Team are having these problems, this should be considered a Beta version, at least until it has proved to be stable out "in the wild".

Should you still have problems with this version, then revert to 4.5 by deleting your MyStuff.dat file, and downloading another copy of 4.5 from the website. You may also then have to adjust the padding on any CTs created/edited in 4.51/4.52, due to a change in the CT format from 4.5.

Cheers

The MyStuff Team

Hi Bob, Some advice please, after I had loads of problems after installing 88, I decided to clear out the toppy and start from scratch. I now have the 88 firmware running in the basic toppy and all is well. When I deleted my taps from the toppy should I also delete the files from Altair before I re-install the taps again and are there any other files that I should delete. Thanks for your time.
chunkywizard
Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:20 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9319 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
Hi there,

here are the MyStuff specific files on the Toppy and advise on whether to delete, I hope I haven't missed anything:

MyStuff.dat - this holds your Options settings. If you want to be sure delete this but it *should* be fine leaving it

MyStuff.mei Or Freeview.mei - this is the EPG data file. I suggest deleteing it as recreating it with rt2mei, MEI, or eit2mei is quite easy

MEI folder - this contains a file for every recording you have containing the description, title etc. You shouldn;t need to delete this. If you do you might find some programme titles look a bit weird (but they should still play fine)

MST folder - this is where your CTs are kept. You shouldn;t need to deete this. If you do you will haveto enter all those CTs again!

*.mcl - MyStuff Channel List. This is how you store your favourites. You should not need to delete this.

*.mcf - MyStuff Colouring (Skin) File. You should not need to delete these.

_Users.dat. Multiple Users file. If you have used the multi-user capability you will have these files, along with some _U2, _U3 etc files. They should be safe.

I think that's the lot, have I missed any?

CW

Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:29 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 29 Aug 2005 Posts: 396 Location: Sandy Heath
Thanks Chunkywizard for your advice.
halibut
Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:41 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 23 Apr 2006 Posts: 232
What with all the hectic bug fixing going on, I don't know if this is a good time to suggest a possible future enhancement, but....

...how about adding the ability to put something like "++" on a line in "My favourites.mcl", so that when MyStuff sees it, it just adds in whatever chanels are left over from that point on?

I use the favourites list to organise my favourites channels, but would also like to keep all the rest.

Could even have a refinement like "+normal" that adds in the rest of the 'ordinary' chanels from there on, and "+text", "+tutv" etc.

Hali.

TF5800, TS On, F/W: MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009 -FmSy+BmEvEzPePsR0SbScVd TAPs: MHEG Control B2.1; EPG2MEI v0.96; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; MyStuff 6.6; Extend v1.7; MyInfo B5.5;Sig generated by MyInfo on 17/2/15