Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  MyStuff 4.52

Page 3 of 11
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Richard46
Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:58 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 31 Mar 2005 Posts: 1586 Location: Forest Gate East London
Geoff_W wrote:
In fact, I'd forgotten you can create a CT manually,

and I had forgotten you can do it automatically. Laughing . Seems to me as they are set up once and forget might as well spend a minute getting them as you want.

Richard

TF5800 Silver;5.13.40 TF5800 Black; 5.12.88 TAPs: MYStuff /OneList v2; DeadBeefs TF5000 Display v1.42; Remote Extender 1.5; Description Extender 2.1; mcgCYRResume V1;MforR3NST; +on one Toppy DumbWidescreenTV2.31EPG info: eit2mei b7.7 beta Taps not auto:TAPCommander; RadioDelete Remotes: Harmony 655 & 885 TX: Crystal Palace
juwlz
Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:40 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 12 Aug 2005 Posts: 10804 Location: Wokingham, Berkshire (Hannington transmitter)
Geoff_W wrote:
Control Timers are one of my favourite features in MyStuff, but can I ask for a change to the way they initially set up?
Default values on creating a new CT (via the EPG):-

Channel = The channel in the EPG on which the programme is listed.
Day = The day in the EPG on which the programme is listed.
Start Time = -2 hours from the EPG listed programme start time.
End Time = +2 hours from the EPG listed programme end time.

Of course, the icing on the cake would be for the defaults to be configurable in the menu!

Agreed, and seconded. I like your choice of defaults Geoff, nice one.

Julie

Harmony 885 remote. Sig date 8 April 2012
chunkywizard
Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:55 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9319 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
One flaw in your plan, what happens if you set a CT for a programme that has more than one new episode a week ??

CW

p.s. we are discussing this at the mo so other peoples views are welcome.

eye of ra
Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:58 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 28 Dec 2005 Posts: 1018
Geoff_W wrote:
Default values on creating a new CT (via the EPG):-

Channel = The channel in the EPG on which the programme is listed.
Day = The day in the EPG on which the programme is listed.
Start Time = -2 hours from the EPG listed programme start time.
End Time = +2 hours from the EPG listed programme end time.

Of course, the icing on the cake would be for the defaults to be configurable in the menu!

Although configurable would certainly be the best, these settings would certainly mean I would have to alter a lot less CT settings when setting one up (not at all in most casses).

AccurateBM 0.4 | EITDupFix.
TapLauncher: MeiSearch 1.37 | Media Manager 1.5 | Tap Commander 1.32 | HDFW 2.3a.
Updated:15-05-08
aramil
Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:03 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 20 Jun 2006 Posts: 649 Location: Worcester, UK ; TX:Malvern Central
chunkywizard wrote:
One flaw in your plan, what happens if you set a CT for a programme that has more than one new episode a week ??

CW

i like their way, it would mean allot less time spent altering CT's

Aramil

theguyfromsparks
Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:46 pm Reply with quote
chunkywizard wrote:

CW

As we are discussing defaults, wouldn't it be best to set them to the values that are most commonly used? I would say that programmes that occur once a week are more common than daily programmes... not including News programmes and the like.

My 2p: The CT function is a work around for the SKY+ series link, therefore it should (by default) attempt to record the selected programme in approximately the same time every week on the same channel.
Richard46
Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:52 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 31 Mar 2005 Posts: 1586 Location: Forest Gate East London
I agree with Geoff etc. i.e. a narrower search as default in auto.

TF5800 Silver;5.13.40 TF5800 Black; 5.12.88 TAPs: MYStuff /OneList v2; DeadBeefs TF5000 Display v1.42; Remote Extender 1.5; Description Extender 2.1; mcgCYRResume V1;MforR3NST; +on one Toppy DumbWidescreenTV2.31EPG info: eit2mei b7.7 beta Taps not auto:TAPCommander; RadioDelete Remotes: Harmony 655 & 885 TX: Crystal Palace
AndrewM
Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:55 pm Reply with quote
chunkywizard wrote:

CW

It also wouldn't necessarily catch the situation where programs are moved due to special events (e.g. EastEnders for the World Cup), or where earlier programs run over.

I think making it a configurable option would be the best option - then everyone can set up their default CTs as they choose!
delboyuk
Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 09 Oct 2005 Posts: 568 Location: Winchester Transmitter: Rowridge
AndrewM wrote:
...I think making it a configurable option would be the best option - then everyone can set up their default CTs as they choose!
Couldnt agree more.... and Bob seems to be a master at providing user options.

Only problem is, this will drive ChunkyWizard mad with all the updates needed to the manual Laughing

HD PVR: Humax HDR-FoxT2
[Profile last updated 09Jan2012]
Richard46
Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:05 pm Reply with quote
AndrewM wrote:
I think making it a configurable option would be the best option - then everyone can set up their default CTs as they choose!

I am assuming they still would be; I think this discussion is just about the starting defaults.

AndrewM
Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:08 pm Reply with quote
AndrewM wrote:
I think the new firmware for the 5800 might have introduced a couple of incompatibilities with MyStuff.

Here's a couple I've noticed:

- TopGear was set to record this evening on a CT. It turned on and started to record ok, but the recording stopped half way. No file was saved on the hard drive - i.e. not even a partially recorded one.

@CW

I've tried recreating this, and it seems that the recordings will stop only intermittently. Its only done it twice so far (out of 10 or so recordings) - the recording appears to start ok, but will stop part way through the program, leaving no trace of the recording on the hard drive.

I'm speculating somewhat, but I wonder if it has something to do with the background reloading of the EPG.

I have the eit2mei background scan set at 10 min, and the MyStuff reload interval set at 10 min also. What happens if MyStuff tries to load the EPG at the same time as it's being updated? What would happen if MyStuff was recording something under a CT, and the program effectively disappeared from the EPG due to a reload conflict? Would that result in the recording stopping?

Andrew
AndrewM
Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Richard46 wrote:
AndrewM wrote:

I am assuming they still would be; I think this discussion is just about the starting defaults.

Yep - I probably wasn't clear - what I mean is make the values of the starting defaults configurable too (i.e. further options on the main configuration menu).
Richard46
Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:15 pm Reply with quote
AndrewM wrote:
Yep - I probably wasn't clear - what I mean is make the values of the starting defaults configurable too (i.e. further options on the main configuration menu).

No you where quite clear; trouble was my reading. Laughing

Topit
Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:03 pm Reply with quote
Guys, just want to confirm....does Description Extender work with MyStuff? Tried it & no joy.

I second the CT defaults. Good idea.
Geoff_W
Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:18 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 19 Jan 2006 Posts: 603
The issue with programmes on multiple days is that you usually know they are like that and can amend the Day option accordingly.

Programmes which get changed due to overuns etc. aren't normally picked up because the EPG doesn't get updated by the provider. Caveat Emptor!

When I set up a new CT using the Slow key, I sometimes initially end up with dozens of timers because of all the repeats across all channels. I'd just prefer the starting conditions to be a bit tighter.

Geoff

?