Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  TAPs  ~  ImproBox

Page 92 of 94
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 91, 92, 93, 94  Next
pgdownload
Posted: Thu May 03, 2007 7:51 am Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 31 Mar 2005 Posts: 32
Can anyone confirm if the quick jump features of Improbox can now be disabled? If you pause a show for a few seconds and later try change the channel you get the select how many minutes to jump popup?

If its still mandatory I'd love this 'feature' to be made optional. Tends to confuse and annoy any new users as they can't change the channel without pressing STOP first.

Regards

Peter Gillespie
Klaus
Posted: Thu May 03, 2007 11:32 am Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 11 Jan 2007 Posts: 56 Location: Berlin
pgdownload wrote:
Can anyone confirm if the quick jump features of Improbox can now be disabled? If you pause a show for a few seconds and later try change the channel you get the select how many minutes to jump popup?

You probably have set option 33 in the settings to AUTO. If you change this to CHANNEL- the jump only will take place if you press the CHANNEL- key and afterwards a number. Alternatively you can set it to OFF to switch off this feature completely.

EMJB
Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:45 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 08 Jul 2005 Posts: 3637 Location: Maldon Essex
If I have Improbox 2.2 (or RC10) running, am watching a programme in timeshift, and then switch to Standby without going back to live TV, I seem to get a crash every time. Without Improbox it seems to be OK.

Anyone else seen this?

EMJB
CD3660
Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:47 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 09 Apr 2005 Posts: 344 Location: Cheshire, UK
Interestingly I have had a similar problem recently since upgrading to the latest firmware.

As I posted on the MyStuff forum earlier today:

"One particular crash is repeatable: I'm watching something in chase play (perhaps even just a minute or so behind the broadcast), bring up MyStuff epg, navigate to a different channel and press OK to select that - BINGO: crashes every time."

I investigated and found that this only happened with ImproBox loaded (either the latest version or that in my signature (which I have reverted to).

In the end I got rid of the problem by going back to the Bastille firmware. Not sure yet whether there might be other drawbacks to going back with the firmware (particularly as I have upgraded several, though not all, of my taps), but Bastille has always been super stable for me.

So far, so good!

Autostart TAPs (in load order): MyStuff 5.62a, Quickjump 1.71, eit2mei beta 7.8m3, ImproBox 2.1 RC8a, MeiSearch 1.35, UK Timers 1.2a, and Tap Commander 1.32
bootsbradford
Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:13 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 23 Nov 2005 Posts: 100
EMJB wrote:
If I have Improbox 2.2 (or RC10) running, am watching a programme in timeshift, and then switch to Standby without going back to live TV, I seem to get a crash every time. Without Improbox it seems to be OK.

Anyone else seen this?

EMJB

Yes, I am getting this, though hadn't made the link with Improbox.

dsw
Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:55 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 03 Oct 2005 Posts: 164 Location: Glasgow, UK
EMJB wrote:

Anyone else seen this?

EMJB

I'm seeing consistent crashes when switching channels during timeshift. I disabled all other TAPs, started timeshifting then switched channels by pressing a number key. The usual "Interrupt timeshift? (exit)" message came up, I pressed the number key again to do it and the Topfield rebooted. This happens every time.

Obviously some kind of problem with coming out of timeshift. Channel switching during timeshift works fine with no TAPs loaded by the way.
jumbo
Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:55 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 11 Apr 2005 Posts: 4731
It seems there is an intermediate solution to the Toppy reboot problem caused by Improbox under recent firmwares (pending Gerti's bug fix): either set Timeslip to OFF in the Toppy menu or set Improbox configuration option 14 to OFF.
AllanG
Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:05 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 15 May 2005 Posts: 459 Location: Glasgow, Scotland
After what seems like months since we had any Improbox updates, (8 months to be precise) two updates come along in 2 days!

Version 2.3RC2 has been released.

From the change log...
Quote:
Bugfix:
- Display T1/T2 shows always T1
- Manual recordings which where performed with ImproBox get a wrong duration

Changes:
- The progressbar of a copy will be calculated with runtime of recording
and left minutes of playback

The changes in RC1 were...
Quote:
Bugfix:
- Crash on searching events in ImproBox backwards, if an event is missing
- Crash with Finnland Firmware should be solved

Changes:
- Some Changes for Filer
Harddisk will not spin if Filelist of Filer will be opened
Free space includes Filer Trashcan
- Consideration of different Timeshiftbuffer size if patch is installed
- New Option (64) for ImproBox Trashcan "On (after 5 minutes)" deletes the Trashcan
five minutes after the last file was moved to the Trashcan by ImproBox

Sig generated by MyInfo on 24/12/10
bootsbradford
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:57 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 23 Nov 2005 Posts: 100
Any sign of the timeshift crash bug being solved?

rhawrylak
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:38 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 24 May 2005 Posts: 70
I had to stop using Improbox after upgrading my firmware to 5.13.40 and using Improbox v2.01 beta 5. It was crashing whenever I pressed stop when watching a recording.
It works now with this new version 2.3RC2. Back in my Auto Start Very Happy

TF5000 Display v1.46, DescriptionExtender 2.21 Others: Birthday Reminder v1.2, Snake, Sudoku v1.0, Matrix Screensaver v1.7, Jukebox v0.9b, Boulderdash, eit2mei BETA 7.8m3, RemoteExtender 1.5, MyStuff 5.5
AllanG
Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:22 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 15 May 2005 Posts: 459 Location: Glasgow, Scotland
bootsbradford wrote:

No! Crying or Very sad

I loaded it up, rewound live TV a few minutes and then changed channel.

That immediately caused the dreaded "C.456" followed by a "Verifying Files and Folders". (Firmware v5.13.65.)

Oh, well. Maybe the next version will cure it?

Sig generated by MyInfo on 24/12/10
Refrenz
Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:34 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 06 May 2005 Posts: 45 Location: Wales, UK
AllanG wrote:
bootsbradford wrote:

No! Crying or Very sad

I loaded it up, rewound live TV a few minutes and then changed channel.

That immediately caused the dreaded "C.456" followed by a "Verifying Files and Folders". (Firmware v5.13.65.)

Oh, well. Maybe the next version will cure it?

Same thing happens to me with Improbox 2.3 loaded (no other TAPs running). On firmware 5.13.65 attempting to change channel when time shifting causes a reboot every time.

jumbo wrote:
It seems there is an intermediate solution to the Toppy reboot problem caused by Improbox under recent firmwares (pending Gerti's bug fix): either set Timeslip to OFF in the Toppy menu or set Improbox configuration option 14 to OFF.

I already had option 14 set to off and the reboot was still occurring. I changed option 73 (Improbox channel selection) to disabled and (as I have MyStuff running), MyStuff takes over the handling of channel changing and when in timeshift mode MyStuff does not attempt to channel change. Instead it jumps to a playback percentage when a number is typed in on the remote.

Passing channel changing responsibilities to MyStuff prevents channel changing in time shift mode and therefore prevents the toppy rebooting when Improbox is running. Its not ideal, but it is at least a workaround and means I don't need to keep remembering that timeshift + channel change = reboot.

Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:19 pm Reply with quote
@Refrenz,
With Improbox as the only TAP and option 14=OFF, still timeshift + channel change = reboot?
Refrenz
Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:36 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 06 May 2005 Posts: 45 Location: Wales, UK
jumbo wrote:
@Refrenz,
With Improbox as the only TAP and option 14=OFF, still timeshift + channel change = reboot?

Hi Jumbo.

Firstly, I forgot I was using a patched firmware before so to elimitate that as a possible problem I have reflashed the toppy with a clean version of 5.13.65.

With only Improbox 2.3 running on clean firmware 5.13.65 and option 14 set to off, I get a reboot when attempting to change channels when timeshifting every time.

Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:21 am Reply with quote
@Refrenz, I just tried it as well and ... what did work before, now does not Shocked (with the latest version) I get a reboot too Evil or Very Mad This is darn annoying. I hope Gerti will solve this outstanding and serious problem. I've tried getting SWMBO not to press pause but it's unavoidable.