Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  TAPs  ~  ImproBox

Page 3 of 94
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 92, 93, 94  Next
CD3660
Posted: Thu May 26, 2005 1:08 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 09 Apr 2005 Posts: 344 Location: Cheshire, UK
QUOTE from Gerti:

"The channelnumbers are the numbers returned from the Topfield. If you make use of Logical Channel Numbers, you can change to LCN in the ImproBox Optionsmenu."

Sorry to trouble you Gerti but could you explain this a little? Confused
Gerti
Posted: Thu May 26, 2005 7:03 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 12 May 2005 Posts: 347
Hi!

There are twq types of channelnumbers...
First the numbers which are identically with the numbers you see in the Channelovervier (which you get with "OK") the other one are the LCN which are different from that...I didn't know exactyl how they work, because we haven't this in germany and I just add it for the australian users.

Best regards,
Gerti
Stuart_Burns
Posted: Thu May 26, 2005 7:09 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 21 Mar 2005 Posts: 94
Gerti wrote:
Hi!

Mmmh...if I compare the keycodes, the keys right and left of the middle are the same keycodes as our Volumekeys...did't they work?

You're absolutely right! I had no idea about this.

I've changed the channel number option to LCN now and that works a treat (shame the same option isn't available in Jag's EPG).

One other slight problem I've noticed - when channel surfing, channels which are off air display an MHEG screen. While this is loading, a message appears on screen in a red box saying "Loading". if you then move on to the next channel, the red Loading box doesn't go away immediately. Sometimes it goes away on its own after a few seconds and other times you have to press "i" a couple of times or "Exit". Not a major gripe but but it only seems to have started since I installed this TAP.

As I say - it's easily solved so not really a big problem.
tommyboyuk
Posted: Sat May 28, 2005 11:02 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 21 Apr 2005 Posts: 134 Location: London; Crystal Palace TM
Yes, I also have the 'loading' problem, it can be erased by bringing up the recordings menu. This has only started happening after installing improbox.

My Toppy also reboots if I press recall and then 0 while on playback.

I only installed it last night; already I think it's a great TAP, very nicely designed.

One question; similar to progressbarkeys is there an option to display all upcoming timers in the order they're due to record?

Cheers

TB
Stuart_Burns
Posted: Sun May 29, 2005 8:23 pm Reply with quote
Are there any instructions which go into detail about the different options in the setup screen? Things like "Additional keys for event selection" and "Show infobox after EIT" don't mean much to me and I'm a bit wary about trying them out.
Gerti
Posted: Sun May 29, 2005 8:37 pm Reply with quote
Hi!

There should be an egnlish manual soon...

Best regards,
Gerti
Stuart_Burns
Posted: Sun May 29, 2005 8:39 pm Reply with quote
Excellent, Gerti! I'm looking forward to it. My German's not too bad but some of the technicalities are just a bit beyond me! Smile

[Edit] Darkmatter: Removed full quote of preceding post
Rich
Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 8:16 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 12 Apr 2005 Posts: 523
What happens after the tap has been started over 50 times, does it stop working?
ask for a code?
or does something else happen?
Gerti
Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 8:21 pm Reply with quote
Hi!

It stops working. If you like it, you should write down the ID before the 50 times are gone, because the actual version didn't show the ID after this period. The upcoming version (next week) will show the ID after the 50 times also.

Best regards,
Gerti
Rich
Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 8:55 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 12 Apr 2005 Posts: 523
So after the 50 times is up, then i get in touch on the website, with the ID code, pay for it, get a code to put into infobox somewhere and it works indefintaly, or will i get a new download that doesnt expire?

If i decide to pay for it, will the infobox Tap be updated to the latest version?
Gerti
Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:51 pm Reply with quote
Hi!

If ou register, you will get a code which enables the unlimited version, you do not need to download a different version.

If you register, the code will work for all upcoming versions of ImproBox.

Best regards,
Gerti
Gerti
Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:34 pm Reply with quote
Hi!

Someone sent me some better translations for the options menu of ImproBox, but I delete some mails by mistake and the mail with the better translation was deleted to Sad

If it was someone from this board, please send me this mail again!

Thanks in advance,
Gerti
Gerti
Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 8:51 pm Reply with quote
Hi!

A new beta is ready for download...

http://www.improbox.de/improbox142b4.zip

This beta has a new feature which is called "auto-restart" (only available in Premium-Version)...
If your Topfield interrupts the playback of a file because two or a second recording starts in background, ImproBox will restart the playback of that file a few seconds later at the position where it was interrupted (I jump to the bookmark, if more than one bookmark is in the file, I jump to the first one...next Version - with next API - will jump directly to the position where it was interrupted independend of bookmarks). Also if you watch a running recording in timeshift and it was interrupted because the recording was finished in the background, the playback will restart after a few seconds at the position where it was interrupted.
If you watch a running recording in timeshift and will be interrupted because a second recording starts, I just jump back to the beginning of the recording or switch back to the channel and jump back to the beginning of the recording. Because no Bookmarks are set, I can't jump back to the position where it was interrupted. I hope that I can solve this also with the new API.

Please think about that this version is beta - just use it on your own risk...

I hope it will work on your Toppy...the 5800 is the only Topfield which makes problems with some functions.

Best regards,
Gerti
Stuart_Burns
Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 8:59 pm Reply with quote
Well I'm certainly willing to give it a try! Smile

Do I have to enter the serial code again or is this saved somewhere else on the Toppy?
Gerti
Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:25 pm Reply with quote
Hi!

No, it is saved in your INI-File...

Best regards,
Gerti