Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  MyStuff 4.51

Page 27 of 27
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27
juwlz
Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:57 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 12 Aug 2005 Posts: 10802 Location: Wokingham, Berkshire (Hannington transmitter)
Hi folks

Just for the record, I updated to the Bast**** Day firmware, and at the same time updated Description Extender, added RemoteExtender (was surprised I didn't already have it Wink ) and eit2mei.

I did *NOT* upgrade to MyStuff 4.51, as you'd already found the problem with padding removal across channels, and while the 4.5 bugs are annoying, THAT one would be a real pain in the proverbials for me.

I have not at any time had the reboot loop, but I HAVE had instances of the Toppy spontaneously rebooting. I assume it happened at least 3 times on Sunday / Monday as we had 3 corrupt recordings. (So does anybody have a recording of Monday night's Silent Witness they can send me?)

We have also had one incident of the Toppy just switching "OFF" - i.e. the front display actually showed "OFF" instead of the time. We had to unplug to fix this one.

When I updated the firmware, I did a factory reset and deleted some pay-per-view and shopping channels.

I have now taken all TAPs out of Autostart except for MyStuff 4.5 and eit2mei 7.2 ... sadly, I've been in fire-fighting mode rather than careful troubleshooting mode as I've been busy at work (still here now ... at 8:45pm), so can't remember whether I still had the potentially dodgy DE running when we got the reboots.

Somebody mentioned eit2mei ini files earlier in the thread - I deleted mine when I upgraded, so it's not that.

Happy troubleshooting
Julie

Harmony 885 remote. Sig date 8 April 2012
s7uar7
Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:01 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 30 Mar 2005 Posts: 196 Location: Chalfont St Giles
I've been running the Bastille firmware since it came out, and had been stable until today, when it rebooted itself. The only TAPs I'm running are MyStuff 4.5.1, Jag's v3 pb5, Power Manager 1.1 and mcgCYResume. Jag's is only there to import timers from Digiguide, and doesn't do any scanning or background saves, I use rt2mei to populate the EPG.

After the first reboot I reverted to the December firmware thinking that would stop the problem (although I didn't do a factory reset), but I've just had another reboot. Immediately before both reboots I was checking timers and recordings in MyStuff. I don't know whether this helps, or muddies the water further, but I thought it worth mentioning.

rogdog
Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:04 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 16 Nov 2005 Posts: 569 Location: North Lincs, UK
After a crash today which produced a factory reset of my box I ended up having to rescan all my channels. I decided to revert back to mystuff 4.5 (deleted .dat and reset my CT's).

After I had done this I then deleted channels I did not require (while Mystuff 4.5 was loaded).

I soon realised that this was a bad thing to do as I know Mystuff can get confused when channels have been deleted.

The side effect was automatic creation of timers set to the wrong channel such as 'teletext for cars'

I have cleared the problem by rebooting the Toppy and deleting these channels but I did wonder if crashes or reboots could occur when the Toppy tries to record these strange timers

fozzybear
Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:09 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 30 May 2006 Posts: 211 Location: Midlands, UK.
@juwlz

Try removing DE for testing. i have been having the OFF error a lot, i removed E2M and it stopped i then added E2M and disabled DE CT and no longer have OFF.
Still testing but worth a shot.

• Taps ChannelRemover v0.4.
  • EPG: eit2mei Beta v7.2 & MEI 0.47
  • TV: LG RZ-32LZ55 32" LG LCD HDTV
  • DVD: CyberHome CD-DVD 505
  • Sound: Cambridge Soundworks DTT 3500 5.1
macaholic
Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:33 pm Reply with quote
Just thought I would let you know I updated firmware yesterday I have MyStuf4.5 in auto start as my only tap, I populate the epg using rt2mei_mac and have had no problems at all everything works fine timers set and record ok nothing broken

by the way I have not done a factory reset

JWalker
Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:49 pm Reply with quote
I deleted all my TAPs, copied over the new versions, installed MS4.51, deleted the control timers and .inis, deleted the Freeview.mei, installed the firmware update, factory reset, and all was well. That was Monday. (No duplicate channels or channels over 1000, either.)

Then just now I tried creating a CT and the Toppy rebooted and went into verifying files and folders. Now I have to add all the channels again. It hasn't quite finished yet so I don't know what happens after that!

I also had some funkiness this evening where I pressed record to get the current program, and rather than "after this program" being correct, it had one almost 24 hours in the future... the default recording length is set to 2 hours and there is EPG data for all the intervening programmes.

I'm using MS4.51, RE1.1, eit2mei 7.2, TAP Commander 1.0 B5, mcgCYRResume 1.0, and Power Commander. I haven't yet installed DE. I am using the MS PIN .ini file which I downloaded on Monday.

It's annoying because I have a not particularly strong signal, so most channels have 3 different versions, which I now have to go back through every single channel and see which is the best... takes ages.
andyrogers
Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:03 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Dec 2005 Posts: 814
Hi All

With this current issue of toppy rebooting on a loop, I woke up to find my toppy at it this morning before I went to work.

This is not the first time I have experienced this. The first time was the day after I had installed 4.51, which I cured this by deleteing all my .dat and .mei files and this seemed to cure my problems until this morning.

However, I was unable to investiage this issue this rebooting loop this morning so I just switched off my toppy and was going to resolve this tonight. However when I switched on my toppy this evening it was all back to normal, no rebooting. Confused

When it was rebooting, it was displaying searching and after about 2-3 dots it was rebooting.

When I first had this the day after I installed 4.51, I removed the mst folder and this solved teh issue, I then made a test CT and the toppy started rebooting again. Even when I had deleted my mei just in the first place, and created a new one it still rebooted. I was getting the rescan channel screen numerous times when this was all happening.

Strange bug eh Shocked

If I do get another rebooting issue in morning I will take a copy of my files to see it holds anything.

Andy

Sorry, Just to report the Wife has informed me that she has had a couple of reboots this evening when switching back on the Toppy this evening a couple of times. But seemed to be interminment.

Firmware: 5.14.09 Patched
AutoStart Taps: MyStuff v5.52b, eit2mei beta 7.8m7, , Power Manager v1.2, Tap Commander v1.32, TF5000 Display v1.53a, Discription Extender v2.3, SDS 1.3b, QuickJump 1.72
Other Taps: Sudoka, mei2archive, mei2eit, snake, meisearch
Goose
Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:19 am Reply with quote
Last night my Toppy kept going to the main Toppy menu and I couldn't get out unless I did a rescan. I tried various things but it did look like the mystuff CT search was causing the problems. In the end I deleted all my taps, data files ini files and sub-directories. I then re-loaded MyStuff 4.51, eit2mei and Description Extender. All worked ok last night. I even added some new CT's and the search worked ok (haven't actually recorded anything in anger yet).

This morning all was ok too and it looks as though the overnight scan by E2M worked. Very Happy

Incidentally, to reload the EPG data I had to go to the Toppy EPG and press the Pip button. E2M then grabbed the EPG data. I couldn't get E2M to do a scan just by clicking OK when E2M menu was on the screen. Not sure why but I got what I wanted, all by accident admittedly and so I I stopped there as I thought I'd pushed my luck enough for one night. Laughing
chunkywizard
Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:22 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9319 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
Hi Folks,

in case no one has seen it, MyStuff 4.52 is now released. We have started a new thread. I suggest everyone havgin problems upgrade and sees if that fixes them. BTW, Rafe made a good suggestion on how to upgrade for minimum pain so have a quick read of the thread before taking the plunge!

Good luck!

CW

JWalker
Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:08 pm Reply with quote
Just an update - I got into VFF/reboot loop until I deleted using Altair the CT I had made.

I'm now installing 4.52 to see if that allows me to make CTs without the distress!
juwlz
Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:33 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 12 Aug 2005 Posts: 10802 Location: Wokingham, Berkshire (Hannington transmitter)
fozzybear wrote:
@juwlz

Try removing DE for testing. i have been having the OFF error a lot, i removed E2M and it stopped i then added E2M and disabled DE CT and no longer have OFF.
Still testing but worth a shot.

Thanks fozzybear, but I already have (as in the post you replied to):
juwlz wrote:
I have now taken all TAPs out of Autostart except for MyStuff 4.5 and eit2mei 7.2 ... sadly, I've been in fire-fighting mode rather than careful troubleshooting mode as I've been busy at work (still here now ... at 8:45pm), so can't remember whether I still had the potentially dodgy DE running when we got the reboots.
So far, so good since then (as far as I know - haven't been home much recently to check Sad )

Julie

Harmony 885 remote. Sig date 8 April 2012
HydeTheDarkerSide
Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:45 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 11 May 2005 Posts: 5956 Location: Hannington Transmitter : Sony KDL 40Z5800
For users of MyStuff 4.51. Please upgrade to the latest version of Mystuff, currently 4.52, but check out http://www.bobdsmystuff.co.uk/ for the very latest version.

4.52 has some enhancements to the TAP to try and overcome recent problems with the .88 firmware.

Many thanks.

MyStuff Links: http://www.toppy.org.uk/~mystuff/index.shtml
Sig generated by MyInfo on 11/10/13