Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  MyStuff 4.51

Page 26 of 27
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 25, 26, 27  Next
Goose
Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:16 pm Reply with quote
Bastille Day should be renamed, at least for those with Toppy's. I'm sure you can figure out what I want to rename it to, most of the letters are already there! Evil or Very Mad

I thought my Toppy was getting better last night, no resets or the "verifying files" messages. However, I switched it on this morning, it booted up ok but then got hung with the Topfield Menu. I didn't press anything - 'onest Gov.

I'm just going to try to go back to the firmware before the french got involved. Life was so much simpler then.
jumbo
Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:29 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 11 Apr 2005 Posts: 4731
The firmware date displayed on the Toppy is 5 July!

On 5 July 2006: North Korea launched at least two short-range Nodong-2 missiles, one SCUD missile and one long-range Taepodong-2 missile.

Was this an attempt to sabotage Topfield South Korea's release of the firmware? Did the South Koreans release the fimware on 14 July to blame it on the French? Was the original release date 4 July but US pressure resulted in a Bastille Day release? Are we all victims of international conspiracies Rolling Eyes

And what am I doing posting in ****f thread. Just replying to above - 'onest Wink
Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:51 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 29 Aug 2005 Posts: 396 Location: Sandy Heath
Goose wrote:
Bastille Day should be renamed, at least for those with Toppy's. I'm sure you can figure out what I want to rename it to, most of the letters are already there! Evil or Very Mad

I thought my Toppy was getting better last night, no resets or the "verifying files" messages. However, I switched it on this morning, it booted up ok but then got hung with the Topfield Menu. I didn't press anything - 'onest Gov.

I'm just going to try to go back to the firmware before the french got involved. Life was so much simpler then.

I see you got that dreaded window with 'Verifying files and folders' as well and I thought it was something I had done. I had murders with my toppy after the new firmware ( which is not the cause of the problems ) I'm told, but could be a conflict with one of the taps. In the end I went back to clearing everything out and then re-installed the new firmware without any taps and all has been fine for the last 48hrs. I am holding back on the taps in case someone comes up with a solution as to what is happening.
aramil
Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:52 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 20 Jun 2006 Posts: 649 Location: Worcester, UK ; TX:Malvern Central
BobD wrote:
G'day folks.

Anyone with a constantly rebooting version of 4.51 want to try a possibly fixed version? If so, please post here. I am at home all day, so looking for someone who is free now to do some testing.

Cheers

yeah my stystem runs for a while then starts to reboot and then slowly becomes more frequent until i erase freeview.mei and reset the box?????? (dunno why?)

but if you need a tester still am with box sir.

Andy

BobD
Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:54 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 03 Aug 2005 Posts: 4218
aramil wrote:

Smile cool, please PM me your email address

MyStuff skins, manual and latest version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk
Known bugs & forthcoming fixes: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/Bugs.shtml
Changes coming in the next version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/NextVersion.shtml
aramil
Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:10 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 20 Jun 2006 Posts: 649 Location: Worcester, UK ; TX:Malvern Central
BobD wrote:
aramil wrote:

Smile cool, please PM me your email address

not a prob

BobD
Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:14 pm Reply with quote
Email sent, you should have got the test 4.52 by now!

Changes coming in the next version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/NextVersion.shtml
aramil
Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:26 pm Reply with quote
Just setting it up now sir

aramil
Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:01 pm Reply with quote
no startup problems that i can tell with beta.

am gonna leave it running to see if the random shutdown problem returns.

will email you with results sir

tauntonblue
Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:27 pm Reply with quote
If you are still in need of a tester then I am now with my Toppy.
BobD
Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:28 pm Reply with quote
tauntonblue wrote:
If you are still in need of a tester then I am now with my Toppy.

The more the merrier. If your 4.51 keeps crashing then yup please PM me your email address now.

nportalski
Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:33 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 30 May 2005 Posts: 30
chunkywizard wrote:
Hi Sarge,

there is one report in the eit2mei thread of crashes without MS. As I said before I would be interested to hear if anyone who has experienced crashes has done a factory reset...

CW

I did a factory reset, installed MyStuff 4.51 and it crashed as per other posts (between loading and searching). Removed MyStuff from start-up and it was OK. Manually run MyStuff and it crashed.

Removed the Freeview.mei file and ran MyStuff manually. All OK (but no EPG data). Told eit2mei to do a scan and put MyStuff back into Autstart. Worked OK ever since (well, except fairly regular black screens with playback and a really irritating pause when using the colour jump keys, and the really bad remote response etc....)
iandom
Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:37 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 20 Oct 2005 Posts: 395 Location: South Oxfordshire
Is there any way to rename files in MyStuff?

TF5800, IA On, TS On, F/W: MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009 +AfBmC0CfCtDsEzIPeWfZ
TAPs: TF5000 Display v1.53; EPG2MEI v0.96; MyStuff 6.0; Font Manager 1.0d; Extend v1.7; Power Manager v2.2; TAP Commander 1.34; Surfer v0.14; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub v0.6 SnG; TSSaver 0.5; MHEG Control B2; FastScanGUI 0.6b; MyInfo B4.1a
Toppy-boj
Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:01 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 05 Jan 2006 Posts: 252
ceejay13 wrote:
Although you have done a Factory Reset, have you removed the toppy from the Mains?

CW recommended this action on Saturday when the fault was discovered. When I went back to 4.5 I did it as a matter of course.

Also, you did delete the MyStuff.dat on going back to 4.5?

Yep & Yep. IT now does not recognise mcf files (skins)

BeepHonkBeep
Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:49 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 13 Jul 2006 Posts: 289
Hi

I've had my toppy for a week now (busy week learning it, taps installing firmware and basically getting used to it).

I'm not having any major problems, had a couple of reboots but it seems stable now, and it seems to be working fine.

In my first week of toppying I have noticed a couple of minor problems with mystuff (4.51) which seems to be an almost essential extra.

As a newbie I dont know what most of the buttons do, but in the guide I've occassionally noticed that the key (strip along the bottom with the clues as to which button to press) disappears, I use a 3h window and 12 channel display.

More problematical is recording naming errors. I recorded two thing at the same time tonight once by ct and one just by pressing record on the guide. In myspace the one of the recordings (the ct one) is filed in a folder correctly and is correct, however, the other recording is placed in the root, but it is given the name and program information is of the program before on the same channel (I guess it was padded into this recording). I think this is a mystuff issue, as pressing the archive button again brings up the original toppy software, and it has the name of the second recording reported correctly. The naming thing's been mentioned in this thread before, but I've not noticed it being picked up.

HTH

BhB

Last edited by BeepHonkBeep on Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total