Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  MyStuff 4.51

Page 25 of 27
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
chunkywizard
Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:25 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9319 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
Hi Sarge,

there is one report in the eit2mei thread of crashes without MS. As I said before I would be interested to hear if anyone who has experienced crashes has done a factory reset...

CW

MancLad
Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:46 am Reply with quote
chunkywizard wrote:
Hi Sarge,

there is one report in the eit2mei thread of crashes without MS. As I said before I would be interested to hear if anyone who has experienced crashes has done a factory reset...

CW

I did a factory reset and I still had reboot problems using 4.51, I'm currently using a test version of 4.52 and so far so good, I'm going to leave it the rest of the day before I start to introduce more taps, I've already regressed to 4.51 and recreated the problems as Bob requested so like I said things are looking good so far.

Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:51 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 23 Apr 2006 Posts: 232
chunkywizard wrote:
Hi Sarge,

CW

I did three factory resets. Once after the upgrade, before running the new version, once after it started crashing, and once more before reverting to 4.5

I also tried powering the unit down, etc.

H.

TF5800, TS On, F/W: MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009 -FmSy+BmEvEzPePsR0SbScVd TAPs: MHEG Control B2.1; EPG2MEI v0.96; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; MyStuff 6.6; Extend v1.7; MyInfo B5.5;Sig generated by MyInfo on 17/2/15
Richard46
Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:12 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 31 Mar 2005 Posts: 1586 Location: Forest Gate East London
and I have not done any factory resets on either of my Toppys and both seem fine (so far Laughing )

TF5800 Silver;5.13.40 TF5800 Black; 5.12.88 TAPs: MYStuff /OneList v2; DeadBeefs TF5000 Display v1.42; Remote Extender 1.5; Description Extender 2.1; mcgCYRResume V1;MforR3NST; +on one Toppy DumbWidescreenTV2.31EPG info: eit2mei b7.7 beta Taps not auto:TAPCommander; RadioDelete Remotes: Harmony 655 & 885 TX: Crystal Palace
Toppy-boj
Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:30 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 05 Jan 2006 Posts: 252
I did a factorty reset with new firmware and MS 4.51, still got crashes (normally when Mystuff was searchong as as a result of setting up a CT on the EPG).

Back with 4.5, but still crashes. In fact last night MY stuff came up with parts of the text not showing ( ie on now and next only the progress bar and channel name showing, nothing else ( ie no grid line or any other tex)). Simalar with the EPG and archive. Deleted the dat file and rebooted, still the same. Left on standby overnight ( as it was 1am) and this morning all is OK again. But it does worry me as old firmaware and 4.5 I have no problems. Willrecheck again tonigh and maybe download MS4.5 again incase it is corrupted.

ceejay13
Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:43 am Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 10 Jan 2006 Posts: 27
Although you have done a Factory Reset, have you removed the toppy from the Mains?

CW recommended this action on Saturday when the fault was discovered. When I went back to 4.5 I did it as a matter of course.

Also, you did delete the MyStuff.dat on going back to 4.5?

Toppy: TF5800PVR Firmware: 5.12.88 Hardware: v1.00 Device: v5.3.33
Remote: Harmony 525 Tx: Hannington
Autostart TAPs: RemoteExtender 1.1 MHEG, DescriptionExtender 1.4, eit2mei B7.2, MyStuff 4.53, TF5800 Display 1.29
Other Stuff; MEI 0.48
webb2000
Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:47 am Reply with quote
Sgt. Banjo wrote:
I don't know about anyone else but the more I read about these problems and the more I'm convinced that the firmware is to blame and not Mystuff.

i.e. Non of the testers experienced this problem and yet it quickly manifests itself as soon as it's released on the same day as the firmware upgrade.

Is there anyone running 4.51 on the older firmware with no problems or anyone running new firmware without mystuff with any problems of the same nature?

Hi there,

I updated to the latest firmware last Saturday.

I first unloaded all taps from autostart via Altair, did the firmware update then did a factory reset and removed duplicate channels etc. with no taps running.

I then loaded on the latest versions of Eit2mei, Remote Extender MHEG and Description Extender, but stuck with MS 4.5 (even though I had downloaded 4.51 and had it ready and waiting) as I had read of a few problems on the forum and thought it best to let the dust settle first.

Oh, and I deleted all freeview.mei files including the archived ones which had been generated by the old version of eit2mei, together with the ini file for eit2mei.

I then used Tap Commander to set the load order as below, before restarting the Toppy.

So far not a single problem!

Load order is:-

Remote Extender MHEG (latest)
Description Extender (latest)
Power Manager
Eit2mei (latest)
MyStuff 4.5

Last edited by webb2000 on Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rafe
Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:35 am Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 03 May 2006 Posts: 94
Sgt. Banjo wrote:
Is there anyone running 4.51 on the older firmware with no problems

I had the rebooting problems on the December firmware with 4.51. The test version of MyStuff I'm now running seems fine. Smile

I'm sure Bob will say more about this test version/4.52 when he's confident enough to do so.

Rafe
IanSimmons
Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:30 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 19 Apr 2006 Posts: 53 Location: Kent
webb2000 wrote:

I updated to the latest firmware last Saturday.

I then loaded on the latest versions of Eit2mei, Remote Extender MHEG and Description Extender, but stuck with MS 4.5 (even though I had downloaded 4.51 and had it ready and waiting) as I had read of a few problems on the forum and thought it best to let the dust settle first. I then used Tap Commander to set the load order as below, before restarting the Toppy.

So far not a single problem!

I have the new firmware and MS 4.5, not 4.51; I do have the latest eit2mei, too. Like you, no issues.
IanMaurice
Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:41 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 11 Jul 2005 Posts: 85
Having replaced description extender with the CT version and scanning for a fresh epg, two further recordings (even on ITV4) no longer seem to be of zero length. (I have the latest versions of MyStuff, description extender and eit2mei.)

Maybe some of the epg data produced by the new firmware with the new description extender and new eit2mei versions is causing the new version of Mystuff to crash. This might happen particularly if it involved creating a new folder for autofolder actions.

Has anyone had zero length recordings (since upgrading) without the using autofolder option?

I note that some of the crashes I had were corrupting the toppy internal software (currupted channel names in the native toppy epg etc). This is worrying. Only a factory reset (and perhaps unplugging) seems to fix this.

Can the MyStuff software be made more robust with regard to duplicate channels and also corrupt epg data so that total corruption of the native toppy software doesn't occur for these reasons at least?
jook
Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:49 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 21 May 2005 Posts: 99
IanMaurice wrote:

Has anyone had zero length recordings (since upgrading) without the using autofolder option?

I am not using subfolders.

I had the continual rebooting problem. Whilst trying to debug for BobD it suddenly starting working again so I couldn't help him any futher.

That said, yesterday I had some 0 mb recordings. The toppy now seems to be rebooting occasionaly rather than repeatedly.
iandom
Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:07 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 20 Oct 2005 Posts: 395 Location: South Oxfordshire
I knew it was all going too well.

Apart from a few minor quirks, see earlier posts, I had a pretty stable Toppy.

I put it on standby last night before retiring, comfortable in the knowledge it was all working fine and better yet having persuaded SWMBO that the value of MyStuff is worth learning how to do things differently.

Over night, the Toppy should have fired up for 25 minutes on BBC1 for the e2m background scan to update the EPG and a bit later on Radio 1 for Jags Radio to pick up the radio EPG. Then at 0730 is should have been recording Yu-Gi-Oh for my youngster. Somewhere in that sequence, it all went horribly wrong. The Toppy was locked up, with no video output. The display had a couple of characters (two 'b's) which would indicate it had been on BBC Radio 1 I think (I have the Display TAP set to scroll the channel name).

I turned it off and got a single dot. Permanently. Toppy won't respond to remote. Unplug for 30 seconds. Reboot. Decide that now is a good time to get rid of those TAPs that I don't need now SWMBO is happy with MyStuff, so UK Archive and Timers get shutdown and removed from Autostart. (Slightly sad that, since I do like their display style, but in the end it is functionality that wins the day.)

Reboot. Single dot again. Have to unplug. Now working with reduced set of TAPs. Checked out TAPs quickly. Surfer has lost its window settings, so irritated I reset them quickly. (Guess I should have grabbed the ini file, but I was short of time.) Reboot again. Single dot. Have to unplug. This is getting to be a habit.

Ran out of time so I left it running so hopefully it will pick up Blue Peter for kids.

No idea which TAP is culprit. I guess it is an example of what several people have been reporting. I'll play with it again tonight.

TF5800, IA On, TS On, F/W: MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009 +AfBmC0CfCtDsEzIPeWfZ
TAPs: TF5000 Display v1.53; EPG2MEI v0.96; MyStuff 6.0; Font Manager 1.0d; Extend v1.7; Power Manager v2.2; TAP Commander 1.34; Surfer v0.14; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub v0.6 SnG; TSSaver 0.5; MHEG Control B2; FastScanGUI 0.6b; MyInfo B4.1a
G40_Dave
Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:40 pm Reply with quote
Hi, i've found a couple of bugs that appear to be Mystuff related. I have done a quick scan of the entire thread and don't think there has been a mention of the second one, but there possibly has been for the first one. Unfortunatly i don't have the time to read every single post, but i have tried to search for them.

1. Last night i left the toppy in guide, and hit the power button getting the 'are you sure' message as something was recording. Thismorning the toppy was still on, still displaying the same message with the guide sitting behind. Not 100% this is mystuff bug, but i'll leave that to someone more knowledgeable to decide.

2. I was in the mystuff guide and a couple of recordings tried to start. I got the ' change reservation' message, but i was still controling the guide beneath. I managed to OK something on the guide and it let me onto the reservation box which I could then OK, but it left a patch of the guide in the middle of the screen the shape of the reservation box. I then couldn't do anything like p+/p-, OK, guide etc. I hit power, got the warning box, hit no and everything was back to normal.

My current setup is the latest DE (1.4?), Mystuff 4.51, the latest eit2mei (B7.2?). and .88 firmware. Currently no other taps (did have tf8000 and meisearch) and did a factory reset after firmware+tap upgrade.

These are only minor probs which i'll avoid now, and i'm in no way complaining about it, just thought i should let someone know, and to see if anyone can replicate tham? Mystuff, and the other taps i am or have used are really fantastic, and help make the toppy a superb piece of kit, so thanks!

Dave
BobD
Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:44 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 03 Aug 2005 Posts: 4218
G'day folks.

Anyone with a constantly rebooting version of 4.51 want to try a possibly fixed version? If so, please post here. I am at home all day, so looking for someone who is free now to do some testing.

Cheers

MyStuff skins, manual and latest version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk
Known bugs & forthcoming fixes: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/Bugs.shtml
Changes coming in the next version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/NextVersion.shtml
delboyuk
Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:52 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 09 Oct 2005 Posts: 568 Location: Winchester Transmitter: Rowridge
G40_Dave wrote:

2. I was in the mystuff guide and a couple of recordings tried to start. I got the ' change reservation' message, but i was still controling the guide beneath. I managed to OK something on the guide and it let me onto the reservation box which I could then OK, but it left a patch of the guide in the middle of the screen the shape of the reservation box. I then couldn't do anything like p+/p-, OK, guide etc. I hit power, got the warning box, hit no and everything was back to normal.
You are not alone with this. I have reported this before, and the problem appears to be that the Toppy doesnt check to see if any TAPS have a display showing when it writes the 'Change Reservation' message to the screen - hence the display corruption. As such this is a Toppy fault, not a TAP bug.

The way you corrected the problem is the way i get out of it - and as far as i know this is the easiest/only way to recover control without pulling the plug and/or losing the recording(s) in progress.

HD PVR: Humax HDR-FoxT2
[Profile last updated 09Jan2012]