Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  TAPs  ~  Quickjump: Loss of Sound

Page 1 of 1
Bundy
Posted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:12 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 29 May 2006 Posts: 151
Quickjump is great! Avoiding adverts has never been easier and it makes up for the slow fast forward.

However, I've noticed a minor problem, and I wonder if anyone else has experienced this. Sometimes, after a few coloured button presses, playback resumes with picture but no sound. This is readily cured by stopping and restarting playback, but it's an irritation.

I've only noticed this happening when the Toppy is on radio and I playback a TV programme from the archive. Switching to TV and resuming playback seems to cure it, but I haven't yet accumulated enough evidence to be sure of this observation.
ROWANMOOR
Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:43 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 31 Mar 2005 Posts: 741 Location: Redhill, Surrey
There was a bug in one (or more) of the firmwares exactly as you describe - when the Toppy is in Radio mode and you watch a TV recording and jump it looses sound.

I presume it is fixed in the Bastille firmware as I haven't noticed it for ages.

Toppy: TF5800pvrt Remote: Harmony 885
F/W: MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009 -EpVr+CbCfCtDDsEgEmEvEzFpFsHsIMPePfPsScUUaUuUyVbVcVdWfZ
TAPs: SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; EPG2MEI v0.96; TAP Commander 1.34; Font Manager 1.0d; Extend v1.7; MHEG Control B2.1; QuickJump 1.72; MyStuff 6.4; TF5000 Display v1.53; MyInfo B5.5;
Sig generated by MyInfo on 8/7/11
Bundy
Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:28 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 29 May 2006 Posts: 151
Quote:

There was a bug in one (or more) of the firmwares exactly as you describe - when the Toppy is in Radio mode and you watch a TV recording and jump it looses sound.

I presume it is fixed in the Bastille firmware as I haven't noticed it for ages.

How do I get the Bastille firmware? I only bought my Toppy in May, so I'm a bit dismayed to learn that it has outofdate firmware already.
Ugly--Kid--Joe
Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:34 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 05 May 2005 Posts: 1472 Location: Cornwall
You can find the bastille firmware under the services section, then files then members only section.
Your firmware isn't out of date as such, its just they are improving on things. Since the box came out in March 2005 there must have been over 10 firmwares released already.

Transmitter: Caradon Hill
Popcorn Hour:
Runnig FTP Topfield: RT2MEI v1.1: Remote Timers
OTHER:Harmony 885 Remote
andrec
Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:39 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 15 Jul 2005 Posts: 1349 Location: Bristol, U.K.
Bundy wrote:
How do I get the Bastille firmware? I only bought my Toppy in May, so I'm a bit dismayed to learn that it has outofdate firmware already.

Don't be too upset. There's bound to be a time when stock in the shops has firmware which is subsequently updated. The Bastille firmware became available on 14 July (geddit?) so your machine was only two months 'out of date'.

There's another reason not to be upset - the Bastille firmware had a serious flaw which caused the Toppy to crash when an over-the-air update for a totally different box was being broadcast. This is (we hope) now history, and the Bastille firmware had a major improvement in gathering EPG data. However, it still has other silly faults, like the Now & Next data which it sometimes gets wrong.

The firmware in your Toppy is stable. Unless you desperately want the improved EPG, then my advice is to stick with it (and a mysterious new download has just become available on the Topfield Korea site, so keep watching the skies - er, the other threads on the Forum ... ).

Posted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:53 am Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 14 Jul 2006 Posts: 28
Guys,Just to let you know the latest firmware doesn't solve the problem. All be it it is greatly reduced the number of times you loss sound after jumping. Sorry to disappoint Sad

• TX:Sandy Heath;
  • Autostart TAPS:- Prevent DSMCC crash, UK Auto Scheduler, UK TAP project, UK Timers, QuickJump;

tichtich
Posted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:12 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 08 May 2005 Posts: 1389 Location: Eastbourne, UK
Well, I have not experienced this problem once with the Bastille (July) firmware, though I had it a lot with the previous firmware. (I record a lot of radio programmes.)

P.S. Perhaps I should add that I now use the StartChannel TAP to make sure my Toppy always starts up in TV mode, which makes the problem far less likely to arise. But I was using the Bastille firmware without the ChannelStart TAP for a while, and didn't experience the loss-of-sound problem during that time either.

Firmware: 5.13.65 (patched). Auto Start TAPs: TapCommander 1.0.2, Power Down 0.6, DescriptionExtender 2.2, mei2archive 3.8I3, Automove 1.8, QuickJump 1.54, Improbox 2.1RC8, Jag's EPG 3.0b3 (TV & radio), Media Manager 1.5, MHEG Control A2g, Extend 1.7. PC apps: DGtoTop 1.1. Profile last updated 13/05/2009