Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  TAPs  ~  mcgCYRResume

Page 1 of 4
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
bellandbottle
Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:19 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 20 Apr 2005 Posts: 857 Location: Reading - Crystal Palace
Does anyone know if there is a specific order for TAPs in Autostart including mcgCYRResume?

I have searched the Aus website but there is nothing specific about this TAP.

This question is stimulated by a truncated recording triggered by another recording starting up Crying or Very sad .

Others: HDDinfo V2.0, TAP Commander 1.0.1, UK Timers v1.2, Channel Organiser 2A.
andrec
Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:25 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 15 Jul 2005 Posts: 1349 Location: Bristol, U.K.
bellandbottle wrote:
Does anyone know if there is a specific order for TAPs in Autostart including mcgCYRResume?

I can't answer the question, but, FWIW, I am running these TAPs in this order:

1. UK Timers v1.2
2. QuickJump 1.42
3. TAP Commander 1.0 Beta 3
4. mcgCYRResume V1.0
5. Little Clock v2.1

I've never had any problem (since the last firmware upgrade) with lost or truncated or 0MB recordings, and mcgCYRResume has done its stuff quite a few times since I installed it (though I don't usually watch on chase-play, so it's not a rigorous test).

It may or may not be significant that I have time shifting disabled on the main menu.

Of course, it may be that we won't need mcgCYRResume after tomorrow - will we? Shocked

Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:50 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 30 May 2006 Posts: 211 Location: Midlands, UK.
I have disabled mcgCYRResume
i was having a few errors with it and Mystuff screwing up recordings and giving me the 1 dot syndrom.

since loosing mcgCYRResume i've not encountered the errors.
to the authors credit he admitted it's designed for Aus Tappys and could well have issues running on UK systems.

• Taps ChannelRemover v0.4.
  • EPG: eit2mei Beta v7.2 & MEI 0.47
  • TV: LG RZ-32LZ55 32" LG LCD HDTV
  • DVD: CyberHome CD-DVD 505
  • Sound: Cambridge Soundworks DTT 3500 5.1
bellandbottle
Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:57 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 20 Apr 2005 Posts: 857 Location: Reading - Crystal Palace
Many thanks for the info - I will move the TAP out of autostart for the moment.

As Andrec says, maybe we will not need it soon Wink .

I was going to ask Nigel to delay the release for a day as I have to go to Bristol tomorrow, but I didn't think that would be too popular Shocked .

Others: HDDinfo V2.0, TAP Commander 1.0.1, UK Timers v1.2, Channel Organiser 2A.
Richard46
Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:04 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 31 Mar 2005 Posts: 1586 Location: Forest Gate East London
andrec wrote:
Of course, it may be that we won't need mcgCYRResume after tomorrow - will we? Shocked

You optimists always have to spoil things dont you; there was me happily resigned to dissapointment Laughing

There is another possibility that mcgCYRResume has problems when recordings are in folders; perhaps because the Oz Toppy has a different folder structure. Dedics had a communication with the author around this some time ago but cannot see what came of it.
It is in here somewhere

http://www.topfield-australia.com.au/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=5851&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

EDIT; Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed example of lost recording when using sub folders I had here turned out to be on the Toppy not using folders Embarassed

As for TAP order I am not sure what mine is frankly. I dont think Auto Start order is neccessarily load order unless you take all TAPs out of Auto Start; record something to fill holes in the FAT and reload them in desired order (or something like that). Anyway never done that; just stuck on updates when I got round to it.

So for what its worth
Toppy (black)

MyStuff
Deadbeefs Display TAP
mcgCYRResume
Remote Extender
Eit2mei

Toppy (Silver)

MyStuff
Remote Extender
Deadbeefs Display TAP
mcgCYRResume
Eit2mei

Last edited by Richard46 on Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:21 am; edited 1 time in total

TF5800 Silver;5.13.40 TF5800 Black; 5.12.88 TAPs: MYStuff /OneList v2; DeadBeefs TF5000 Display v1.42; Remote Extender 1.5; Description Extender 2.1; mcgCYRResume V1;MforR3NST; +on one Toppy DumbWidescreenTV2.31EPG info: eit2mei b7.7 beta Taps not auto:TAPCommander; RadioDelete Remotes: Harmony 655 & 885 TX: Crystal Palace
andrec
Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:20 am Reply with quote
A couple of thoughts occur to me from what Richard has just said ...

The people who have trouble with mcgCYRResume also seem to be running MyStuff. Now, I'm not going to suggest that they stop using it (MyStuff users seem rather evangelical about it Wink), but the problem may be the interaction between the two. It could certainly be the case that mcgCYRResume (god, that's a sod to type!) isn't quite playing by UK Toppy rules, but - if we do still need it in the future - perhaps BoBD could find some way of getting MyStuff to take evasive action ...

Secondly, sub-folders. Well, I have them, but my recordings always go to the default archive as they are being made. Do the problems arise only when recordings are being made directly to a sub-folder?

Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:29 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 31 Mar 2005 Posts: 1586 Location: Forest Gate East London
andrec wrote:

The people who have trouble with mcgCYRResume also seem to be running MyStuff.

Maybe but I have been running them together (on both my Toppys) for a long time and only ever lost one recording on one Toppy and I think have had one lock up on the other in many months.
NB If you saw my original post above I have edited it as I thought my one lost recording was mcg. /sub folder related but it was not Embarassed

TF5800 Silver;5.13.40 TF5800 Black; 5.12.88 TAPs: MYStuff /OneList v2; DeadBeefs TF5000 Display v1.42; Remote Extender 1.5; Description Extender 2.1; mcgCYRResume V1;MforR3NST; +on one Toppy DumbWidescreenTV2.31EPG info: eit2mei b7.7 beta Taps not auto:TAPCommander; RadioDelete Remotes: Harmony 655 & 885 TX: Crystal Palace
bellandbottle
Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:30 am Reply with quote
[quote="andrec"]A couple of thoughts occur to me from what Richard has just said ...

The people who have trouble with mcgCYRResume also seem to be running MyStuff. Now, I'm not going to suggest that they stop using it (MyStuff users seem rather evangelical about it Wink), but the problem may be the interaction between the two. quote]

Those were my first thoughts, which is why I posted first on the MyStuff thread. I am new to both bits of software, having moved from Jags, Improbox etc, to this new world Cool .

Richard46
Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:35 am Reply with quote
It may just be that ppl who use MyStuff tend to use mcg. as it one of the things MyStuff does not do and the only alternative is improbox which at least at one time did not work well with MyStuff and in any event duplicates a few things.

Andy K
Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:40 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 14 Jun 2005 Posts: 3520
I think there is another TAP call auto resume which performs this feature. It's not quite a good though (it doesn't do the 3 sec rewind for starters) , and I returned to mcg.

Best to move bad to Jags, so solve your problems Wink

Whenever the playback of a recording is stopped, the program stores the current playback position. The next playback of the recording will resume at the same position where it has been stopped. Can also resume playback if the STB stops playback at the end of a timer recording while watching it delayed.

http://www.elisanet.fi/jani.latvala/taps/Auto_Resume_1.26.zip

Autostart TAPs: Jags 3, Bookmark 2uk, Quickjump 1.71, Power Manager 1.1, Description Extender 1.5/2.1, MEI2Archive 3.8l6, Tap Launcher 3.5a, Tap Commander, AccurateBMExtend 0.3, RemoteExt 1.5, TunerRecAR.2
Launched during EPG scan: Crid, SeriesLink 0.35
TF5800 Version 5.13.65 PHT2UFXp5Xw3RpPcE2Bf2BqRsRh3Pf1Ec2ErEfHe1 Ra3Cf2Ct
Samsung 400Gb+Fan
andrec
Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:52 pm Reply with quote
Well now ...

It can now be revealed (Nigel's revealed it in the handy PDF guide to the Bastille Day update) that:
Quote:
Playback interruptions
Although not yet entirely resolved, this firmware will interrupt playback and viewing less often than before.
While watching a programme in chase-play mode, at the end of the recording there will be a momentary
interruption, but playback should normally resume from the correct position. Note that this functionality is not
100% complete.

Since this is now official, it looks as though we won't need mcgCYRResume - but I wonder what "this functionality is not
100% complete" means ...

Nigel?

Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:55 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 20 Mar 2005 Posts: 9580
The clue is in the "should normally resume" ;_)

And there are still some interruptions, when second recordings start, for example, but fewer of them than in the past.

Nigel.

Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:06 pm Reply with quote
Thanks, Nigel. I think I'll remove the untypeable TAP after upgrading and see what happens. Presumably even when the new firmware doesn't cope, one just presses 'Archive' and 'Play' ...

Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:06 pm Reply with quote
This is the only problem I have ever had with my Toppy, then Topfield and Nigel come and rescue me.

What can I say Very Happy .

Andy K
Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:54 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 14 Jun 2005 Posts: 3520
what is the advise from the beta testers ?

Does myc conflict with the new firmware, and therefore we should remove it ?

or should we keep it to catch the ones the new firmware doesn't ?

Autostart TAPs: Jags 3, Bookmark 2uk, Quickjump 1.71, Power Manager 1.1, Description Extender 1.5/2.1, MEI2Archive 3.8l6, Tap Launcher 3.5a, Tap Commander, AccurateBMExtend 0.3, RemoteExt 1.5, TunerRecAR.2
Launched during EPG scan: Crid, SeriesLink 0.35
TF5800 Version 5.13.65 PHT2UFXp5Xw3RpPcE2Bf2BqRsRh3Pf1Ec2ErEfHe1 Ra3Cf2Ct
Samsung 400Gb+Fan