Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  Bugs  ~  Previously OK recordings truncated

Page 1 of 1
farley123
Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:06 pm Reply with quote
Hi,

Hopefully someone can shed some light on this....I managed to just about fill up my 250Gb disk, according to the Archive - was hovering around 2-6hours remaining, which I managed by deleting stuff as needed.

However, I noticed when I came to watch some two or three week old recordings that , despite looking like they had recorded OK, they were truncated and only had a few minutes. I spotted there were several like this from the file size. I put this down to the archive estimate being not quite accurate and running out of disk space - is this likely?

However, last week (and after being left in the charge of my nephews, but I can't see what they could have done) the disk space suddenly jumped to having 43Gb free. I couldn't work out where this came from as everything seemed to be present. But on closer scrutiny I found that some recordings - including movies I had watched and knew to be OK - were now truncated - maybe by 50% or more.

This sounds like some kind of disk failure to me, although wouldn't that corrupt the whole file rather than just lop off the end of certain files? I'm also thinking the original problem I saw might be the same thing and not disk space related.

Anyone have any thoughts? System otherwise is working fine.

Running firmware 5.12.09

Ta

Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:23 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 17 Jan 2006 Posts: 4818
could be a problem with you still using old firmware?

why don't you update it? Confused
matt
Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:57 pm Reply with quote
Forum moderator Joined: 30 Mar 2005 Posts: 2305 Location: St Ives, Cornwall Transmitter: Redruth
I've just got this, too. It seems to be the box going crazy when space is very low. Of course, this is a serious bug.

See this thread: http://forum.toppy.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5359

matt

PVR: TF5800, MyStuff recommended firmware, new PSU, 250GB Spinpoint HDD, Zalman ZM-OP1 fan TAPs: QuickJump 1.72, MyStuff 6.4, EPG2MEI 0.96, Extend 1.7, Bookmark 3, UK Auto Scheduler 0.73, SecCache 0.4, EIT Sub 0.6, SDS 1.3, TAP Commander 1.34, Font Manager 1.0d. Others: HDFW 2.3a, Channel Manager 5.1, FastScanGUI, MyInfo TV: Philips 37PFL9603D