Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  Mystuff & EPG's How to get them to work together

Page 3 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Moko
Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:02 pm Reply with quote
Ok sorry for getting my Meisearch & eit2mei confused. And thanks for the help...it's just as frustrating not getting it to work!

Followed the reload epg instructions, pushing guide brings up the normal Toppy guide.

If I bring up Mystuff guide still empty.

What am I doing wrong?
HydeTheDarkerSide
Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:04 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 11 May 2005 Posts: 5956 Location: Hannington Transmitter : Sony KDL 40Z5800
chunkywizard wrote:
...Press exit. Press Guide and tell me what you see...
Probably nothing. Moko says he's put it the Programs folder (ProgramFiles) and not Auto Start Rolling Eyes

Sorry, I'm going now...........

MyStuff Links: http://www.toppy.org.uk/~mystuff/index.shtml
Sig generated by MyInfo on 11/10/13
DX
Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:08 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 06 Apr 2005 Posts: 2695
Moko wrote:
Followed your instructions downloaded test version eit2mei (I guess this is the Beta it only has current release & test version).

It did a scan, but still nothing in Mystuff. Looking at your instructions to get eit2mei up can't find reload button on options of main Toppy menu, which one do I use?

By the way deleted MEI search before putting new eit2mei into program folder.

You want to download the release version - that is beta 7.0. But not to worry, if you have installed the test version you can try it.

There is no entry in the main Toppy menu for eit2mei. You just press the "recall" key while the main menu is displayed and it should appear.

FYI - the "recall" key is the one immediately below the "7" key with a sort of clockwise circular arrow (it's in the Toppy manual if you are unsure). So to recap you need two keypresses - first "menu" then "recall".

Still if you have done the initial scan you should have some data. Have you used Altair to look at the ProgramFiles directory? You should see a file called "Freeview.mei". Copy it onto the PC with Altair and open it with notepad. You should see lots of lines of the form

000103|200603151800|200603151830|1|BBC News and Weather||||||||News and Current Affairs|30||||||||
000112|200603151830|200603151900|1|Spotlight; Weather|||||||Regional news magazine.|News and Current Affairs|30||||||||
Bawbagg
Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:19 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 11 Aug 2005 Posts: 1122
Moko wrote:
If I bring up Mystuff guide still empty.
How do you bring up MyStuff guide?

Moko
Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:28 pm Reply with quote
Bring up MyStuff by pushing the bottom left button on the remote (the one next to the white delete button).

Did all the stuff with the recall button and it started doing its scan again so will leave it for 30mins so hopefully it will load everything up ok. When its finished I will check with Altair to see if there is a Freeview MEI file anywhere.
Bawbagg
Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:38 pm Reply with quote
Moko wrote:
Bring up MyStuff by pushing the bottom left button on the remote (the one next to the white delete button).
OK. While your toppy is (hopefully) collecting EPG data let's be totally certain MyStuff is loaded and running.

The button you descibed is pipswitch. This is not the default button for the MyStuff guide. You have therefore been into the MyStuff menu and configured MyStuff option G1 to be Guide activation on pipswitch???

When you are watching a channel, with NO other display on screen, press i, and describe the info box you see.

BB

Moko
Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:08 am Reply with quote
I can see all the program info (it used to say no info available). And now the Mystuff grid EPG is now full.

So success at last, thanks guys for all the help..sorry if my knowledge wasn't up to yours but we got there in the end.
Bawbagg
Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:18 am Reply with quote
Excellent news.

Please be sure to read chunkywizard's excellent MyStuff manual to make sure you make the most of all the features in MyStuff. Download links are available on the MyStuff home page.

BB

norfred
Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:48 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 08 May 2006 Posts: 85 Location: london
I leave my toppy on all day and night, I dont bother with setting a timer, just have eit2mei set to scheduled and background scan at around 0400, works fine, some channels though only pickup three days rather than 7. When first installed the eit2mei tap did a full scan, then changed to the above. Have not had any problems.

dusty
dusty where in the menu do you set scan time etc.for overnight scans?
norfred
dusty
Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:23 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 14 Apr 2006 Posts: 187
norfred wrote:
I leave my toppy on all day and night, I dont bother with setting a timer, just have eit2mei set to scheduled and background scan at around 0400, works fine, some channels though only pickup three days rather than 7. When first installed the eit2mei tap did a full scan, then changed to the above. Have not had any problems.

dusty
dusty where in the menu do you set scan time etc.for overnight scans?
norfred

Just bring up the main eit2mei menu, pause to change type of scan required then change the time using the cursors.

I have tap commander running and use that to bring up the eit2mei menu, can not remember which key it is to bring up the menu, its knocking around on one the threads.

Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:03 am Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 08 May 2006 Posts: 85 Location: london
Thanks dusty
I did get the epg populated last night as I wanted to dub a prog to tape I started it about 1.00 am and let it run while I went to bed. this morning I checked the egp and channels which had been showing no information now had programs. This means I can use mystuff as default now. I will trawl the forums to find the eit2mei info. This machine gets more and more interesting as I gather more information about it. Takes me back yo the days when I was having so much fun discovering how to use the Spectrum Atari and Amiga. I have never worked up that kind of enthusiasm for the PC despite upgrading my two systems frequently. In fact I almost bought the Phoebe. but I waited as I had suspicions about what was going on wiyh Acorn. If they had carried on I would not have gone to the PC (off topic sorry)
norfred