Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  Mystuff & EPG's How to get them to work together

Page 2 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
HydeTheDarkerSide
Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:27 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 11 May 2005 Posts: 5956 Location: Hannington Transmitter : Sony KDL 40Z5800
The Toppy blanks out the filename when you switched it to Off, but the filename is still stored. Having saved the Timer (it's not a recording Wink ) check the timer entry in the MyStuff Timer Archive. It should be called "EPG" and have blue R at the right hand side of the MyStuff Timer Archive.

MyStuff Links: http://www.toppy.org.uk/~mystuff/index.shtml
Sig generated by MyInfo on 11/10/13
Richard46
Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:39 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 31 Mar 2005 Posts: 1586 Location: Forest Gate East London
HydeTheDarkerSide wrote:
You must name the timer at the File Name prompt before switching the timer from On to Off and after you've adjusted all the other timer settings.

Hyde I thought it was only neccessary to name the timer (not change all the other settings as well) before switching timer to off. If you have to change everything first then I misled Moko in my earlier post for which my apologies.

TF5800 Silver;5.13.40 TF5800 Black; 5.12.88 TAPs: MYStuff /OneList v2; DeadBeefs TF5000 Display v1.42; Remote Extender 1.5; Description Extender 2.1; mcgCYRResume V1;MforR3NST; +on one Toppy DumbWidescreenTV2.31EPG info: eit2mei b7.7 beta Taps not auto:TAPCommander; RadioDelete Remotes: Harmony 655 & 885 TX: Crystal Palace
Moko
Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:48 pm Reply with quote
Checked the Mystuff and the file is named EPG, so hopefully everything should work ok tonight.

I will let you know what happens tomorrow.

Thanks for all the help.
HydeTheDarkerSide
Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:52 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 11 May 2005 Posts: 5956 Location: Hannington Transmitter : Sony KDL 40Z5800
Probably OK, it's just doing it the way I described ensures that switching from On to Off is the last thing you do before hitting OK to save it. Removes the temptation to try and set the filename after setting it to Off and finding you can't.

Moko
Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:00 pm Reply with quote
Sorry to say guys it did not work, when I checked this morning the MYstuff EPG folder is still empty.

I followed all the instructions so far so I have no idea why it is still empty, is there something I am missing, or something else I need to set?

Any suggestions most welcome.
HydeTheDarkerSide
Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:07 pm Reply with quote
When you checked the Timer Archive in MyStuff having set the timer via the Toppy menus, did it show a timer entry titled "EPG", Daily, start time - finish time, duration, EPG, and then white letter R with a blue background?

dusty
Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:21 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 14 Apr 2006 Posts: 187
Hi moko,

I leave my toppy on all day and night, I dont bother with setting a timer, just have eit2mei set to scheduled and background scan at around 0400, works fine, some channels though only pickup three days rather than 7. When first installed the eit2mei tap did a full scan, then changed to the above. Have not had any problems.

dusty

Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:31 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 31 Mar 2005 Posts: 1586 Location: Forest Gate East London
dusty wrote:
Hi moko,

I leave my toppy on all day and night, I dont bother with setting a timer, just have eit2mei set to scheduled and background scan at around 0400, works fine, some channels though only pickup three days rather than 7. When first installed the eit2mei tap did a full scan, then changed to the above. Have not had any problems.

dusty

Thats a bloody good idea; especially as the expected firmware may make all this messing with overnight scans redundant; well heres hoping anyway

TF5800 Silver;5.13.40 TF5800 Black; 5.12.88 TAPs: MYStuff /OneList v2; DeadBeefs TF5000 Display v1.42; Remote Extender 1.5; Description Extender 2.1; mcgCYRResume V1;MforR3NST; +on one Toppy DumbWidescreenTV2.31EPG info: eit2mei b7.7 beta Taps not auto:TAPCommander; RadioDelete Remotes: Harmony 655 & 885 TX: Crystal Palace
Richard46
Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:34 pm Reply with quote
Indeed on second thoughts cannot underatand why Moko is not getting some data from from background scans even with current firmware and even if overnight scan is not kicking in.

DX
Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:19 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 06 Apr 2005 Posts: 2694
Moko wrote:
Sorry to say guys it did not work, when I checked this morning the MYstuff EPG folder is still empty.

I followed all the instructions so far so I have no idea why it is still empty, is there something I am missing, or something else I need to set?

Any suggestions most welcome.

To start with the basics.

If the MyStuff EPG is totally empty then check you have configured it to use Freeview.mei. This is covered in the MyStuff manual but basically you should have H1 and H2 set to "Never" and H3 set to "Freeview.mei". I'd suggest initially you also have H4 set to "5m" and H5 set to "Yes". Can you check these and confirm?

Now check you actually have some EPG data in the Toppy EPG. Pressing the EPG key once will show MyStuff, and pressing it again will show you the Toppy EPG. Can you check confirm you see EPG data there?

Then check that eit2mei is producing the Freeview.mei. You should be running the Beta 7.0 version - if not download it and install in Auto Start. Now press "Menu" to get to the Toppy main Menu, then press "Recall" to display the eit2mei menu. Check it is set to do Background+Scheduled and then press "OK" and eit2mei should start scanning.

While scanning the EPG will be brought up, and every few seconds will change to each channel in turn. This process takes a long time so be patient and let it finish (it may take half an hour or so). When it stops leave it alone for at least 5 minutes and then try MyStuff again.

Using Altair you should be able to see the Freeview.mei file in ProgramFiles. As a guide it should be a bit over a megabyte in size.
Moko
Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:14 pm Reply with quote
Checking everything again and it was all correct apart from H5 - now set to Yes. Looking at MyStuff Archieve and the EPG file was scheduled correctly, Blue R etc.

Looking at guide the normal Toppy info is there ie. Channel 4 then shows listed below. So I guess some EPG data is being got from somewhere.

Have tried leaving Toppy off for first night of trying with no luck, last night left Toppy on & again no luck.

Don't know which version of MEI search I am using (anyway of checking?) but will downloaded again just to make sure I have latest version.
Richard46
Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:28 pm Reply with quote
Moko wrote:
Don't know which version of MEI search I am using

Ahh this may explain our problem. You should be running eit2mei (see below) not MEI search see my post on page one.
http://uk.geocities.com/igjack@btinternet.com/eit2mei.html

HydeTheDarkerSide
Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:33 pm Reply with quote
Moko wrote:
...Don't know which version of MEI search I am using (anyway of checking?)...
Well yes Rolling Eyes tell us which TAP you're using to gather the epg data, you downloaded it and installed it. Good as I am, I can't see the contents of your Toppy hard drive from here Shocked If you don't know, how do you expect us to?

I'm sorry if that sounds harsh, but if you want help, you're gonna have to put some effort in here by telling us exactly what you're using, how it's configured and by providing detailed feedback of the questions we've asked you.

A reply which states "Looking at MyStuff Archieve and the EPG file was scheduled correctly, Blue R etc." doesn't give me any confidence that the settings match those I said you should expect to see in the Archive view of MyStuff.

I've answered many posts of yours in the past and spent a considerable amount of time in PM conversations with you to sort this out, and yet here we are, no further forward at all.

Can I suggest that you read the MyStuff manual, the eit2mei thread, and the readme file contained in the zip that you should have downloaded to get eit2mei in the first place. Then perhaps we can move forward. Oh and it is eit2mei that you've downloaded and not mei2eit?

Yours, a very frustrated and out of character...

Moko
Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:48 pm Reply with quote
Followed your instructions downloaded test version eit2mei (I guess this is the Beta it only has current release & test version).

It did a scan, but still nothing in Mystuff. Looking at your instructions to get eit2mei up can't find reload button on options of main Toppy menu, which one do I use?

By the way deleted MEI search before putting new eit2mei into program folder.
chunkywizard
Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:56 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9319 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
It's in MyStuff. Press Archive (or any other key to bring up a MyStuff screen), then Menu and you will see the MyStuff options menu. Press Arrow Up twice, until Press OK to reload EPG and User Data is highlighted, then press OK. Press exit. Press Guide and tell me what you see

CW