Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  Missing EPG entries - MyStuff

Page 1 of 1
kevman
Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:27 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 23 Jul 2005 Posts: 45 Location: Livingston Scotland
I have been using MyStuff for sometime now in conjunction with the RadioTimes grabber/MEI application to create and then transfer the EPG file to the Toppy. The majority of channels display all the programs but there are a few which ALWAYS have all program data missing. I have worked around this as the channels are ones which are infrequently used and I have always been able to refer to the Toppy standard EPG when necessary. The inconvience is that files recorded using the Toppy EPG to set the timer, do not show the program name when the MyStuff archive is viewed.
I have checked both the XML and the mystuff.mei files (using a text editor) and the ?missing? program data is ALL there.
I have recently tried to resolve this annoying issue Confused by :-
1. Removiong all TAPs.
2. Resetting the Toppy.
3. Rescanning ALL channels into the Toppy
4. Reinstall the latest version of MyStuff (4.5)
5. Setting up the RadioTimes capture from scratch (checking carefully that all channels are present in the set-up)
6. Re-generating the MEI file / loading and telling Mystuff to use it.

Again the result is the same ? the majority of the channels are there but some channels are reporting ?no data? when you view the EPG using MyStuff. It is the SAME channels that are missing everytime .

Anyone have any clues as to what is going on here ? What else I can try ?

(I guess there is some system file that has been corrupted but don?t have the knowledge to look or fix it)

PS when I say re-set my Toppy I mean unplugging and leaving for a few minutres - is this correct ?)

Your help is appreciated...
HydeTheDarkerSide
Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:46 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 11 May 2005 Posts: 5956 Location: Hannington Transmitter : Sony KDL 40Z5800
Do you have any duplicate channels on your Toppy, any channels that have the same LCN number?

Or have you had any duplicate channels that has caused the Toppy to assign them to an LCN in the 1000 range?

Answer, Yes to either of the above and you'll need to delete the LCN with the weakest quality signal.

If neither of the above apply, then I suspect that you might not have the correct channel mapping setup in MEI.

Once you've established if it's Toppy, or MEI related, if you need any further assistance, can you post in the MEI thread in Computer Connections for MEI related fixes, or the MyStuff 4.5 thread in the TAPs section please. Smile

Reasons given here:-

http://forum.toppy.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4287

[color=blue:da1fd20a33]MyStuff Links: http://www.toppy.org.uk/~mystuff/index.shtml[/color:da1fd20a33]
Sig generated by MyInfo on 11/10/13[/size:da1fd20a33]